Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

'Patience required' , 'time to bed in' , 'need to let players settle.'

Nah not anymore. Clement has had over 40 games with us now. The Tim's generally have no issue with signing players and them becoming instant hits.

This is the sort of mentality we need to change as a club and support.

Hopefully a total clear out of this squad starts immediately after Saturday.

We all would, be he wants to rightly go play first team football.
If that’s the case then loan him to someone like Motherwell, extend his contract, we don’t really know what’s happening with JB, he will be in demand I think and we won’t turn down a 12 million plus offer for him, I’ve said for a while that I do think Robby has the ability to be a number 1 at us and ticks every box for all the euro squad illegibility that we hear on FF all the time.

Maybe Butland for the off and McCrorie as number 1, no objection from me if that happens
That certainly sounds like an improvement…

I’m hoping Kelly is here to replace JM. McCrorie as league cup and backup, Kelly for emergencies. Butland kept.

Kelly as our version of Siegrist seems fair enough.

'Patience required' , 'time to bed in' , 'need to let players settle.'

Nah not anymore. Clement has had over 40 games with us now. The Tim's generally have no issue with signing players and them becoming instant hits.

This is the sort of mentality we need to change as a club and support.

Hopefully a total clear out of this squad starts immediately after Saturday.

Please let me know of any of their signings over the January and summer window that has become a hit.

As far as I can see they got lucky with anges first window and that’s been about it

@RdScouting

- Position: LCB
- Nationality: Panama
- Club: Levski Sofia (Bulgaria)
- Height: 187cm
- Weight: 78kg
- Market Value (per TM): €3M

- Levski Sofia employs a high-pressing and possession-based football style.
- Córdoba operates within the 4-2-3-1 system, often resembling the role of a LCB in a back-3 formation.
- He showcases offensive contributions when pressed by the opposition through carries and penetrative passes.

Strengths

- Speed, physical strength, and ‘Rest Defence’ in a high defensive line, making him effective at closing down outlets.
- Solid on-ball skills. Brings expansive passing range, retention, and verticality to build-up play.
- Displays defensive and aerial prowess, tends to jump on the opponent when the latter loses the ball.

Weaknesses

- Disciplinary issues, led by apparent lack of tackling technique, and understanding of when/how to tackle.
- In order to be reliable on-ball in the future, he must work on his first-touch.

For me, he’s an extremely interesting prospect, who could make sense for many clubs in the T7 leagues, especially when his contract runs out in 2025.

Yet, all of this depends, however, on his progress this season, and particularly, concerning the weaknesses mentioned.
€4m for someone playing in Bulgaria with 1 year left in contract seems a bit high?

Boadu is the first name mentioned that I don’t like the look off. One of the top Dutch prospects a few years ago, didn’t kick on, and bad injury record. For me that fits into our “I can fix him” model of last season.

I guess Butland and Cantwell are examples of that working but we had a lot more misses than hits.
Had that very same feeling.

In saying that, it looks like one move that didn't work out, and not nomadic years someone like Lammers had after leaving the Dutch league

Are we allowed to make formal offers before the window creaks open?
The transfer window is for registering players, you can make deals anytime you want but if that's outwith a window, you need to wait to complete the registration.

Back