Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

'Patience required' , 'time to bed in' , 'need to let players settle.'

Nah not anymore. Clement has had over 40 games with us now. The Tim's generally have no issue with signing players and them becoming instant hits.

This is the sort of mentality we need to change as a club and support.

Hopefully a total clear out of this squad starts immediately after Saturday.
PC won't have had 40 games with the players he will sign though. There will be a major turnover of staff in close season so they will need time to gel. Hopefully PC has them fitter and hungrier than previous seasons.
The scum add a couple of players to their squad not an overhaul that we require.

Where are all the Rangers supporting players out there who are good enough for our first team?
Successful Rangers teams of the past have a core group of Scottish players who get it.
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I would like a Rangers supporting die-hard in the dressing room who's willing to boot baws when the chips are down. Something we've not had in a long time.

Even then 4 million euro is about 2.6 million sterling

200w.gif

Nah not anymore. Clement has had over 40 games with us now. The Tim's generally have no issue with signing players and them becoming instant hits.

They've had a number of signings in the past few seasons that didn't work out.

McCarthy, Ideguchi, Bernabei, Haksabanovic, Oh, Kobayashi, the loans of Jenz and Abildgaard, Nawrocki, Lagerbielke, Holm, Yang, Tilio, Kwon, the Phillips loan, and I'm not sure they're convinced by Idah, Palma and Kuhn either.

Obviously they can afford mistakes more than us right now, but they have spent a fair bit on players that haven't improved them in the slightest recently.

I suppose he'll do for back up.

But you just know that whoever is our first choice keeper will probably get injured the day transfer window shuts and we'll be landed with Kelly !

McCarthy, Ideguchi, Bernabei, Haksabanovic, Oh, Kobayashi, the loans of Jenz and Abildgaard, Nawrocki, Lagerbielke, Holm, Yang, Tilio, Kwon, the Phillips loan, and I'm not sure they're convinced by Idah, Palma and Kuhn either.

Obviously they can afford mistakes more than us right now, but they have spent a fair bit on players that haven't improved them in the slightest recently.
Their recruitment isn’t a million miles better than ours. Better yes, but still mainly living off the signings Ange made in his first season.

Its something we can definietely use to our advantage if we take some risks (which we seem to be doing).

Their recruitment isn’t a million miles better than ours. Better yes, but still mainly living off the signings Ange made in his first season.

Its something we can definietely use to our advantage if we take some risks (which we seem to be doing).

We're up against it because they can do what we used to in the 90s - buy loads of players, and if they don't work out it's no big deal because they've kept the core of the strong team.

But fans of that lot will tell you that they weren't as good this season as last season and they miss Jota and Starfelt in a big way. If they continue to make mistakes when replacing the good players, that'll absolutely help us.

They probably wish they kept Jenz, he's far better than Scales. After his loan he went back to Lorient then Wolfsburg signed him for £8 million

You might want to look back at Fat Ange's first 5 months.... they were a joke and we should have been out of sight.

[/QUOTE/]

Barely ever see them I mostly see them when I switch on to catch the final 10 mins of there Euro humiliations when I can but this seems to me a very reasonable position on them and there recruitment .

Maybe I’m being bias but despite the obstacles of budget , sfa officials , spl corruption , what keeps me optimistic is that they will spend 25m and get about 30% value out of it as well as longer term salary commitments that are wasteful .

On the negative side if we too we screw our recruitment and injury handling we could end up with similar costs . Whereas if we make positive spending decisions then just maybe we can get one against the head and do well .

Last edited:
Please let me know of any of their signings over the January and summer window that has become a hit.

As far as I can see they got lucky with anges first window and that’s been about it

I said 'generally.'

We are the team having to start fresh. However, to get back to the point. This is about our mentality and starting the new season quickly and hopefully building confidence within the new squad.

I really want to see McCrorie given a crack at #1. His ability and attitude / confidence in goal has impressed me in the (very few) times we have seen him. I really want a Scottish core through the team. I don't know anybody with the first name Liam, or the second name Kelly that is really Scottish

Yes, you can agree a deal in full. You can’t register the player and they have to stay until the window opens.
Are there any benefits in doing the deal ahead of the window in terms of uk visa eg even though they cannot be registered by sfa ?

I really want to see McCrorie given a crack at #1. His ability and attitude / confidence in goal has impressed me in the (very few) times we have seen him. I really want a Scottish core through the team. I don't know anybody with the first name Liam, or the second name Kelly that is really Scottish
His middle name is Patrick :oops:

He is 100% not good enough for number 1, I don’t know how people still have that opinion after his last couple of appearances.

He is 100% not good enough for number 1, I don’t know how people still have that opinion after his last couple of appearances.

I have to agree.

If he was good enough he would be number 1 on loan untill he was ours. Hes been warming a bench and lost his place on previous loan.

We have no room for giving guys a chance as our first choice keeper can’t even call him young now as he’s 26.

He wasn’t deemed good enough by any manager to even get a cup run in the team.

This is no time for sentiment he needs for his own good and ours to leave and go be a number one somewhere but from what I’ve seen of him it’s not likely to be at Ibrox.

No issue with Kelly coming in as it will let McCrorie go and play he also fills the club trained spot that McCrorie takes. As a number 1 then no for anyone saying he's not as bad as made out then look at some of the howlers he's made against us in recent times. Was a spell Motherwell fans wanted him dropped this season for the errors he was making.
McLaughlin OoC and sadly proved he didn’t have the nerve to play . Kelly in so less expensive and hopefully proves he at least has the match nerve . He is also expriencdd like the guy he replaces.

Now of McCrorie does go then you get a young player you can develop or believe may be good enough now .

Should Butland leave then you sign a good quality guy one I thought of was Daniel Iverxdn who might cost a few million but your getting a reliable first choice .

Was told this last week but didn’t post it as I didn’t think it would be true

McCrorie and McLaughlin also will be going

Kelly can only presume will be backup and meets the homegrown criteria which we’ll lose with McCrorie leaving
Yeah got told this two weeks ago in confidence and agreed not to go public with it .

Last edited:
Was told this last week but didn’t post it as I didn’t think it would be true

McCrorie and McLaughlin also will be going

Kelly can only presume will be backup and meets the homegrown criteria which we’ll lose with McCrorie leaving
Yeah got told this two weeks ago in confidence annd agreed not to go public with it .
Same I got told it 3 weeks ago but wasn't sure if there was anything in it.
Good Old FF. Some posters always wanting a dick measuring contest. Weirdos :))

I think he was kept as a cheap backup because there were question marks around McLaughlin and McGregor was old.

Kelly seems an odd signing but if he's to replace McLaughlin and McCrorie then it's a reasonable move. I'm a little surprised he's willing to basically sit on a bench for them prime of his career though.

Back