Official The Summer 2024 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

I really want to see McCrorie given a crack at #1. His ability and attitude / confidence in goal has impressed me in the (very few) times we have seen him. I really want a Scottish core through the team. I don't know anybody with the first name Liam, or the second name Kelly that is really Scottish
McCrorie has been 3rd choice under a few different managers, if he was good enough, he would have been given the opportunity.

Also, don't talk shite about names - I know a few Liam's who are "really Scottish" and Rangers through and through, unfortunately I also know far too many lunatics obsessed with people's names and assuming their background from it.

I really want to see McCrorie given a crack at #1. His ability and attitude / confidence in goal has impressed me in the (very few) times we have seen him. I really want a Scottish core through the team. I don't know anybody with the first name Liam, or the second name Kelly that is really Scottish
2 Of my brother in laws are Liams.
Both from good bluenose families.
It's generally shorted from William.
As you don't want the nickname Willie or wullie.
I'm Johnny for context. Johnny bag, condom, Johnny walker etc.

You probably wouldn't want his brother Sean then. B-)

Where are all the Rangers supporting players out there who are good enough for our first team?
Successful Rangers teams of the past have a core group of Scottish players who get it.
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I would like a Rangers supporting die-hard in the dressing room who's willing to boot baws when the chips are down. Something we've not had in a long time.
We didn't want the guy that's just won the best midfielder in Italy award.

I see the Rrahmani rumours have fallen off a bit since yesterday/this morning. Nils Koppen has just walked out of Sainsbury’s (Hyndland, not the Bucharest branch) which should dispel rumours that he’s over there pushing for a deal.
The rumour was that he was going home from Bucharest after what I assume was after watching Rapid Bucharest the night before.

I see the Rrahmani rumours have fallen off a bit since yesterday/this morning. Nils Koppen has just walked out of Sainsbury’s (Hyndland, not the Bucharest branch) which should dispel rumours that he’s over there pushing for a deal.
The rumours were that he'd got off a flight from Bucharest. So he could now be in Sainsbury's:)
I've got absolutely no idea what he looks like.

My mate phoned me earlier. He stays next to Borna. His telly is no longer on the wall. He reckons that means Borna's either away or his telly's fecked.
Telly doesn’t fancy any part of Saturdays game either. It would probably do a better job of stopping a cross right enough.

I am all for the Clement revolution and I believe in him as our manager*, let me say that outright.

However, I am slightly concerned that there are scant few examples/precedents for an entirely new squad to gel together and deliver instant success. If it is possible, I think a commanding leader of men on the pitch, a true captain, will be absolutely mission critical for any success.
Rome wasn't built in a day...
Lets see who he signs and what style of football he plays. It's a massive ask for him to revamp the whole thing and immediately become victorious over Celtic. You'd normally need a core of some sort to carry forward and build around. Our core is the failure so this is going to be quite some challenge and its highly probable it could take a season or 2 to 'bear' fruit....
And that's with a leap of faith that we have the right man in charge for this rebuild.

They go level with us on 55 if they win next season. A number of our other records will be matched or bettered at that point too (total trophies etc). Head to head stats. How patient do you think 50,000 bears in Ibrox will be?
We ain't going to stop their dominance overnight. You can't expect the recent trend to suddenly flip on it's head.
They have the march on us when it comes to:
Current squad
Sellable Assets
Their football board (potentially)
Income
Cash in bank.

We need to build the foundations for the future when champions league income is all but a distant memory. That will level the playing field a little. That's why I think that now is the time to start investing in and hoovering up the best young talent.

We ain't going to stop their dominance overnight. You can't expect the recent trend to suddenly flip on it's head.
They have the march on us when it comes to:
Current squad
Sellable Assets
Their football board (potentially)
Income
Cash in bank.

We need to build the foundations for the future when champions league income is all but a distant memory. That will level the playing field a little. That's why I think that now is the time to start investing in and hoovering up the best young talent.
It won't level the playing field. It will mean we have no way of bridging the current financial gulf.

It won't level the playing field. It will mean we have no way of bridging the current financial gulf.
Won't be easy...
They will need to spend that money on big wages / abuse claims etc . We will need to hoover up younger talent and pay them less and hope they grow into future stars and future income.

We can't bridge the current financial gulf as we are in a hell of a state. We will need to get smarter in the future..somehow!

Back