Press Conference Them v Rangers - pre match press conference

This will sound like another moaning negative post to join the others but the players press conference really adds nothing. Same banal questions, same professional polished answers.

Maybe I’m just anxious for tomorrow to get here

This will sound like another moaning negative post to join the others but the players press conference really adds nothing. Same banal questions, same professional polished answers.

Maybe I’m just anxious for tomorrow to get here
a know what you mean. but if they were to open up more this place would be full of shut up and do your talking on the pitch .

Sounds like it's going to be the same team as the Killie game with the possibility of Ridvan starting instead of Borna.

Giving Sima won’t make it we need to change the system IMO play with 2 number 10’s and 3 in midfield

Now is Silvas chance to throw the criticism back in everyones face.

An equaliser at home to Kilmarnock means nothing. Go and show your worth tomorrow.

We have no other options now given the above news so he absolutely has to deliver.

I feel for the gaffer; going to a gun fight with a knuckle duster.
Or he could at least firm up the midfield for once.

Clement needs to box clever with what he has. On occassions he has got it very wrong.

Line up in midfield like he normally does and we will get dominated and overrun.

Tomorrow is a chance for him to put these wrongs right.

But i won't hold my breath.

My expectations are set very low. I've not even got any nerves about this one. And that's a rarity.

Could just switch Sterling and Cantwell and have a much more robust centre and a right sided player more likely to create something.

I don’t think it would be that simple, we will soon find out what the manager has planned.

Its a sad state of affairs when our 'saviour', according to many on here, is shifting a full-back to central midfield. A position that, by his own admission, earlier this season he had to watch YouTube videos of other players playing in order to learn what the role involved.

I like Sterling. I hope, and think, he has a big future with us. However, Patrick Viera he is not. It reflects our poor recruitment rather than the quality of the player, who's being asked to play in a position that is alien to him.

After that I would go
Butland
Tav
Souttar
Davies
Ridvan
Sterling
Lundstram
Diomande
Lawrence
Cantwell
Dessers
4-3-2-1 narrow
Seen that on twitter earlier, The obvious risk is their full backs then double up with the wingers against Tav and Yilmaz. Or Cantwell and Lawrence drop back too much leaving Dessers up there alone.

There is no "ideal" solution tbh but I agree 100% it has to be a 3 in the middle or else we lose the battle from the start.

I'd go
Butland
Tav Souttar Davies Yilmaz
Sterling Lunny Diomande
Cantwell
Dessers Roofe/Silva

It totally nullifies how they like to play from the back meaning they have to go more direct to Furuhashi and bypass the midfield. It's then up to us to sweep up second balls. A lot of running for the midfielders but Jack, Davis and Kamara used to manage it fine.

and if he changes it and gets the same result?
Then the same people will slaughter him - win and nothing else, that's what will be acceptable tomorrow, that's not me being staunch either, that's just the very minimum we need.

Its a sad state of affairs when our 'saviour', according to many on here, is shifting a full-back to central midfield. A position that, by his own admission, he had to watch YouTube videos of other players playing in order to learn what the role involved.

I like Sterling. I hope, and think, he has a big future with us. However, Patrick Viera he is not.
It's not about being Vieira though, its about giving us much needed athleticism, power and pace in the middle of the park.
He will do fine out wide also, but I think we need to go with a 3 in the middle to have any chance. I wouldn't play Raskin/Lawrence/Cantwell in that position as they won't be defensively aware enough

Such a shame injuries have hamstrung us this season (pardon the pun)

I’ll be up for it come half 12 tomorrow but if we had a fully fit Sima and Cortes running at them tomorrow I’d be a lot more confident

Back