TheSecretScout list of top English academy players from 2021 with no pathway

Am sure a few years ago There was a documentary about this on the TV . Duncan Ferguson am sure had something to do with it where they had matches against each other and scouts could pick young drop outs they thought were good enough to join or go to other clubs .
There were some lads that bettered their footballing career and joined top English clubs.

Glenn Hoddle a while ago had some sort of training school in Spain for academy dropouts, i have no idea how it worked out but seemed a good idea to get the players back on track.

Glenn Hoddle a while ago had some sort of training school in Spain for academy dropouts, i have no idea how it worked out but seemed a good idea to get the players back on track.
Think he moved it back to England, cant find if it is still operational

I remember watching a programme about it and it seemed like a fantastic idea.

This is the wiki article for it - seems a bit out of date:

Actually - just tried to find it and seems it was dissolved back in 2014.

It is a market we could probably do well in.

Walters at Arsenal is out of contract this summer. His pathway to the first team is blocked, but he is highly thought of.

If we were looking for another Sterling, he'd be our best bet.

I was meant to go to that back in the day, know a couple of boys who did.

I think Nike Academy have something similar and I think Trent Alexander-Arnold recently set up something for academy dropouts.

Walters at Arsenal is out of contract this summer. His pathway to the first team is blocked, but he is highly thought of.

We could definitely get some joy from it, but then we'd have people complaining that we lack imagination or some such whenever one doesn't work out.

The best of them will still go for the sort of money or wages we can't get close to, despite their age and lack of first team football.

And we can offer European football, 50k every fortnight, huge fan following (forever if they do well)

Maybe it is something we should explore. Some may have to take pay cuts big risk/reward right?! I wonder if we’ve ever tried it with out of contract youngsters in the EPL.

And we can offer European football, 50k every fortnight, huge fan following (forever if they do well)

Maybe it is something we should explore. Some may have to take pay cuts big risk/reward right?! I wonder if we’ve ever tried it with out of contract youngsters in the EPL.
We got Bassey, Sterling, Barker, and probably others.

They probably accurately represent the risk/reward nature of that market for the club, as well as the player.

I'm sure we'll be back in it regularly in the future.

Back