They don’t get it

I mean the guy hasn't made money to retire on with us & will be unemployed in a matter of weeks.

Can forgive it in this instance when he is likely trying to drum-up interest.

EDIT - just been reminded he has another year :(

It's seeping all through the club, even at the game last night, people were lambasting fans who had the gall to question what was going at 2-0 down. The standards have slipped significantly. Even on the FF Facebook page there are fans claiming this season has been a "success". Very sad.

There are too many who simply view Winning as a nice bonus, but really nothing more than that.
When Bomber Brown or Ian Ferguson missed out on a trophy it fucking hurt and their summers were miserable affairs with them chomping at the bit to get back and put things right. That attitude is missing from this squad. Many will already have their minds on Dubai or wherever else they are pissing off to on the 26th.

Last edited:
I mean the guy hasn't made money to retire on with us & will be unemployed in a matter of weeks.

Can forgive it in this instance when he is likely trying to drum-up interest.
Plot twist when you see the pictures of preseason and he turns up ala Kerkar in 2012

Unfollow him then.

Whether you like it or not, it's a job to the players. He's almost certainly been told he isn't wanted and is doing a bit of self promotion. Its Scott Wright and we've got two games left. It isn't like he's going to have another opportunity be like "look what I did last night!"

Not like it was after the game on Saturday which is when the league was clearly actually won.

I do sort of get your general point that it coulda been timed better but it doesn't mean the players aren't aware of the fact they didn't win the league or that they don't get the fans are unhappy. It's just Instagram. Something most folk don't care about. It's not like he's away out for a beer with Callum McGregor and the rest of them or out partying with mates.

Last edited:
The night that lot win another league and Scott Wright is on instagram stories resharing photos because for once he’s actually done something of note in a game. They should be hanging their heads in shame not self promoting.
Yeah, you said that already in another thread, did it not get enough attention? Footballer shares photos on Instagram. Ooft.

We’ve lost the Rangers spirit of the club, too many not on the same wave length.

Losing Jimmy Bell is a big part of that, he reminded the players of the expectations and kept them grounded.

For the first time in over 30 years we’ve gone through a spell without a proper Rangers man involved.

I genuinely believe he had more of an impact than any of us could imagine.

Normally what players do on social media doesn't annoy me but Fabio Silva's TikTok the other night was a disgrace. He doesn't "get it".

Correct and I’m fairly certain he’ll score a few important goals before he does leave as a free agent, call it a hunch. Whether in cups, against Celtic possibly or in Europe. Or not! Who knows. I would like to see a little redemption arc
I thought he done well when he came on but the timing bothered me. No issues with him sharing his contributions but why tonight and not last night after the match? I don’t even follow him, Cantwell shared it and I assumed it was posted last night.

His arse will be booted out the door to a Burton Albion or the like.

Let’s see if he’s still posting shite then.

A group of players happy to be professional footballers, winners medals round their neck is just a nice bonus moment in the rare occasion it happens.

Time to accept it pal. Our players will not be giving two fks
No consequences of failure at our club as it's happened multiple times before and squad know nothing will happen to them or their standard of living,

Poor boardroom decisions followed by bad managerial decisions followed by poor recruitment,

Even in their wildest dreams could our enemies have thought that things would have gone so well for them

giphy.gif

Heard a few interesting discussions and stories about Spurs players mentality over the last few years that rather struck a chord with me re a lot of our players. The club sadly doesn't have that built in winning mentality - we actually sh1t the bed as soon as we get a sniff of winning the league.

It's one thing winning most matches but it takes a different breed to win trophies as a standard.

Clement should ban players from having social media pages that make them look stupid.
Fans want to see Rangers lift trophies as a whole, not what one particular player is doing on his day off etc...

The fans do. Well certainly everyone I know does.

You're right with everything else though, no one at the club hates them enough.
Every derby day on Facebook some attention seeking nugget has blue and Green love hearts on a post. I know it seems minor but it’s just a snapshot of the apathy in a lot of sections of the fans. Look at that no righter getting a selfie with Postecoglou outside the main door of Ibrox.

The night that lot win another league and Scott Wright is on instagram stories resharing photos because for once he’s actually done something of note in a game. They should be hanging their heads in shame not self promoting.
Just spent the night watching some of the old firms from 2012 and back to the 1990's.

It's only after watching these games and reminding me about what a Rangers team is all about I've realised this current team hasn't got anywhere near the desire of these previous teams.

The modern game has created a softness that is against what was one of our key strengths as a club in bygone years. A hardness and desire amongst the team generated by a habit of trophy winning.

Any one curious, have a look at The Scottish Cup finals of 1999 and 2002, along with any old firm Walter Smith was manager. Tremendous viewing.

Last edited:
I don't, but if the stuff isn't posted it wouldn't give folk the opportunity to see it..
Nobody is forced to follow the players though, and if they don't like it, it's dead easy to click unfollow.

In fact, if someone is going to get raging at a player for posting on their own social media then perhaps it's time for them to reevaluate their own choices and their relationship with the internet.

Until the culture changes throughout the club nothing will change
Celtic only have celtic men on their board.
They have a celtic manager in place
Their backroom staff are celtic fans
They've only ever had scottish captains
They have a core group of scottish players that set the tone and maintain the standards in their dressing room

We don't have any of the above

We need to buy scottish this summer and ditch the cabal that has stank our corridors out for years

Just spent the night watching some of the old firms from 2012 and back to the 1990's.

It's only after watching these games and reminding me about what a Rangers team is all about I've realised this current team hasn't got anywhere near the desire of these previous teams.

The modern game has created a softness that is against ehay was one of our key strengths as a club in bygone years. A hardness and desire amongst the team generated by a ha it of trophy winning.

Any one curious, have a look at The Scottish Cup finals of 1999 and 2002, along with any old firm Walter Smith was manager. Tremendous viewing.
Bang on. Players are soft as shite now. We had players who would find a way to win at the Piggery even after being under huge pressure most of the game. We had winners and battlers. Gough, Ferguson, Brown, Hately and many more.
Clement needs to find players with a certain mentality, wherever he can find them.
No more half fit, half hearted, overpaid drifters who don’t or won’t take on board what playing for Rangers is about - Winning trophies.

IMO we have about 8 players in Butland Yilmaz
Diomande Raskin Sterling Cantwell Cortes Danilo keep as first team around 4 players keep as really decent back ups couple more keep as squad players so need around 4-6 new signings
Need more than 4-6 new signings I reckon 10 will come in.

Back