This Board’s last chance.

Who knew this running a football club was so easy?

That board hasn't won the title, let's just magic up a different board. But not any board, it needs to be a board that GUARANTEES WE WILL Win, and will throw money at the club.

Easy stuff this. I can't believe nobody has come up with this plan before.

I don’t know where people get this perception from that you can sack a board. Yes, you can join in with the chant and hold up a banner but that’s as far as it goes

Someone , with lots of cash , that is more interested in Rangers than our current board full of good Rangers men needs to buy their shares. That assumes they want to sell their shares. I don’t want to see another Ashley, Whyte, Green or Easdale anywhere near Ibrox.

Most Scottish people that have made enough money to buy Rangers aren’t interested. The hassle that it brings for them and their families isn’t worth it.

The board firstly need to secure investment, they also need to sharpen up their act with respect to how the whole organisation is managed. Modernisation needs to happen and the best people brought in to manage all of the key areas of the club. The club needs properly Governed.

It’s not just a place for Directors to do personal nudge nudge, wink wink business deals and to use the club as a way to impress their own outside clients with hospitality on game days.

It’s a living and breathing organisation that needs properly ran. It needs managed with all departments focussed on a goal of ensuring the best environment is created for the best players we can afford and the best environment for our fans. HR, finance, medical, commercial, pr, advertising, ticketing, it, facilities and football to name but a few needs governed properly with a strong and cohesive strategy.

I’ve been completely underwhelmed by our boards ability to improve Rangers standing in the game. We are a pale shadow of what we once were and what we could be.

Thing is if even if this board did all that and we actually had £250m investment to use on the team what would we do with it?

Dole out 4.5 year deals to injury prone players who prefer to watch daytime telly, spend hours on social media, get another tat, walk their dogs rather than playing football?

Champions league qualification is surely now critical to try and keep pace with the rats. Something needs to change and fast.

Unless external investors are about to plough in millions, this board aren't going anywhere. It's the recruitment that needs to be corrected. Nils Koppen has a lot of work to do now.

I don’t know where people get this perception from that you can sack a board. Yes, you can join in with the chant and hold up a banner but that’s as far as it goes

Someone , with lots of cash , that is more interested in Rangers than our current board full of good Rangers men needs to buy their shares. That assumes they want to sell their shares. I don’t want to see another Ashley, Whyte, Green or Easdale anywhere near Ibrox.

Most Scottish people that have made enough money to buy Rangers aren’t interested. The hassle that it brings for them and their families isn’t worth it.
The lack of experience is a big issue for us.

It's all fair and well pumping the cash in but the winning mentality needs to be there by everyone at the club.

How we solve that I have no idea.

So what’s to happen then? We’re all sick of the scum lording it over us, of watching cowardly pish on the park but when you say “last chance for the board”, last chance or what?
I think his user name tells us the group of losers to which he/she is affiliated, best ignore.(not you)

It seems there is a lack of leadership and direction behind the scenes

- Too many players who aren't good enough on long contracts / seeing them out and leaving for nothing. Kent, Morelos, Lundstram and Barisic for example should have been sold
- Medical team seems to be a disaster given the number of injuries suffered over the past few years
- B-Team have been in limbo since Mulholland left. Get the impression he was the driving force behind the move to the Lowland League and the game programme. Those boys have been let down badly

That's probably only scratching the surface of what is going on but it doesn't seem like an elite environment for success.
I keep reading this nonsense that Medical team are to blame for injuries.

The conditioning and fitness teams are the people who need to be looked at NOT the medical team. Granted recovery time can be influenced by Medical team but they are not the group who are charged with limiting injuries.

Allowing Kent, Morelos, Kamara, Lundstram, Roofe & Barisic go under expiry of their contracts or for relatively low fees is financial suicide and mismanagement of the highest order.

We cashed in on Patterson, Bassey & Aribo but 3 examples in a number of years is embaressing.

When we won 55 that was the time to go for the jugular but we sat back.
Im also fed up repeating this line.

If a player wants to run down his contract there is nothing the club can do. Absolutely nothing.

I'm assuming the OP gas a huge wad of money and is laying in wait to buy the club?
I agree with him , the board were in a very strong position 3 years ago & stooped to help septic up , they won’t help us up , Brendan did help us up this season but the team shat their pants , they won’t get a better chance & certainly the old leadership group won’t get another chance.

Stop employing foreign managers, sign the best Scottish players, get our youth system working somehow.

We have the highest wage bill, spend a fortune on foreign dross (-alcoholic Mexicans and crocks). and seem to keep doing it again and again.
Why would we want to stop employing foreign managers? We would be massively limiting our talent pool if we do that.

Would you rather have Derek Mcinnes in charge?

Fair point OP but which of the many billionaire investors who are battering down the door to take over do you favour?

Severe lack of footballing experience in the boardroom.

Attitude at the club needs to change asap.
This is my thoughts on it as well, that this board is so far removed from the actual football side of things, particularly when it comes to Rangers, and until that changes mistakes of past couple of years will continue. Whilst no particular fan of Dave King, he seemed aware of this aspect of the club, and that was instrumental, possibly, in the boldness of appointing Gerrard, and then giving Gerrard what he needed, and what we could give him.

My choice who unfortunately is taking a leave of absence would be Leanne Dempster.

Highly respected within Scottish football and almost 20 years experience. Experience like that is priceless.
And what is it you envisage her doing? To help improve the club I mean.

And what is it you envisage her doing? To help improve the club I mean.
Her experience when it comes to the SFA would be invaluable.

Bringing back standards to the club would be massive to her. Something she does every club she goes to.

The kitman situation really showed where this board are in terms of treatment towards staff. The staff shouldn't fear speaking out.

The standards at the club seem very low at the moment.

By the way I am curious about something.

I don't live in the UK, and in the States things during Covid were different.Very different.
So I'm not making any accusations just enquiring how this all went down.

I thought in Scotland, businesses, including football clubs received govt money to help supplement them through Covid .Plus below there was an insurance indemnity for business "interruption".
Was all season ticket money refunded? Or was it not even collected by mid season for 20-21?

"Rangers have submitted a business interruption insurance claim for losses caused by Covid.

The report adds: "The scale and timing of any future claim is uncertain, however we have recognized amounts received from our insurers against our claim to date."

We apparently ended up with a 23.5 million operating loss?
So was that eased after the insurance claim got paid out, or was the claim disqualified?

I see they once again only had half (11.5) of what we suffered.

All this might seem irrelevant right now, but then again it may not.

While there are small changes that can be made, by and large not much can be done. There isnt an endless pot of money and we are going to be about a hundred million behind that mob, at least, if we dont get UCL this season. Its a massive gulf financially.

I hate it, everyone hates it, but its the reality. There is no sugar daddy. We need to be smarter with the money we have and hope thats enough. As much as thats stings, its where we are. Unless people advocate us sell to a mysterious American investor (asset stripper).

Her experience when it comes to the SFA would be invaluable.

Bringing back standards to the club would be massive to her. Something she does every club she goes to.

The kitman situation really showed where this board are in terms of treatment towards staff. The staff shouldn't fear speaking out.

The standards at the club seem very low at the moment.
What standards are you talking about?

While there are small changes that can be made, by and large not much can be done. There isnt an endless pot of money and we are going to be about a hundred million behind that mob, at least, if we dont get UCL this season. Its a massive gulf financially.

I hate it, everyone hates it, but its the reality. There is no sugar daddy. We need to be smarter with the money we have and hope thats enough. As much as thats stings, its where we are. Unless people advocate us sell to a mysterious American investor (asset stripper).
Your rational thought won't be well received by the ranks of the entitled mate.

Perhaps this needs to be where we have a board more aware of the football side of things? Our recruitment in the last couple of seasons has been horrendous, and not under the same manager, and didn't come cheap; this can't just be ignored, and merely hope it gets better.

Unless you've got the cash to buy them out there will be no change.
One of the things they should be doing is stop giving managers 3/4 year deals, 1 year rolling contract is the offer on the table, their success rate in appointing managers is so poor.

By the way I am curious about something.

I don't live in the UK, and in the States things during Covid were different.Very different.
So I'm not making any accusations just enquiring how this all went down.

I thought in Scotland, businesses, including football clubs received govt money to help supplement them through Covid .Plus below there was an insurance indemnity for business "interruption".
Was all season ticket money refunded? Or was it not even collected by mid season for 20-21?

"Rangers have submitted a business interruption insurance claim for losses caused by Covid.

The report adds: "The scale and timing of any future claim is uncertain, however we have recognized amounts received from our insurers against our claim to date."

We apparently ended up with a 23.5 million operating loss?
So was that eased after the insurance claim got paid out, or was the claim disqualified?

I see they once again only had half (11.5) of what we suffered.

All this might seem irrelevant right now, but then again it may not.

Due to our starting position when the board came in back in 2015, the majority of our income derived from match day revenue, i.e ticket sales ect. As we were still hamstrung by poor commercial deals acquired by the spivs so we were hurt by covid far more than most clubs resulting in the huge loss.

The tims had a far more robust model and are not as reliant on match day revenue as we were back in 2020.

I don't know about our claim for covid as nothing was ever stated, I do know however the Tims earned around £9 million for their claim. Its one of the reasons their recent accounts looked so positive.

Stop wasting our money for a start would be nice.

They have got every single appointment wrong after Gerrard.

They had a very weak CEO for years he was walked over by our counterparts.

I want them to run our club properly they stopped doing that while lapping up 55 and too busy with hubris and neglecting the club.

We pay the highest wages in the country look what we get for it.

The board must do better and hire folk that know what they are doing for a start.

Ross Wilson set us back years and they still didn’t sack him
It’s crazy isn’t it. You actually look at his legacy and it’s an absolute disaster.

Hopefully they have got it right with the Koppen appointment but that one is still very much on the fence.

That was an ironic response, in case it wasn’t obvious. Rangers are a very attractive proposition and we as supporters do actually have a say in the direction of our club.
So why has nobody ponied up with a bucket of cash to buy us then? Some people live on cloud cuckoo land. We pay in Scotland where nobody other than ourselves are interested in our game. Have the board got every decision right? Absolutely not but where would we be if they didn’t continue to bridge the financial gap that’s there? It’s just howling at the moon, unless you have an alternative plan you’re just venting nonsense.

The feeling I’m getting amongst our supporters tonight is anger more than disappointment, feeling sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

I reckon this upcoming transfer window will be our board’s last chance to get it right on the park, and produce a winning Rangers, otherwise heads will roll.

We deserve better.
The board backed the manager big last year , it was the managers signings that cost us

We will have our standard budget of around 12-15m

Perhaps this needs to be where we have a board more aware of the football side of things? Our recruitment in the last couple of seasons has been horrendous, and not under the same manager, and didn't come cheap; this can't just be ignored, and merely hope it gets better.
I agree we need to do better with recruitment. Its what i meant by small changes mate. Ultimately we need to get more juice from the lemons we have in order to compete with the juice factory across the city. Koppen is hopefully the first part of that as well as a manager strong enough to demand what he wants and doesn’t, which i dont believe either beale or gio were. Gerrard was, and it meant we won 55 and kept the players he didn’t want to sell but, ultimately, those chickens have come home to roost.

We had a £16m bid for Morelos and this place went into meltdown about how embarrassing it would be to let him go for that. They listened, he stayed and then fell off a cliff and we got %^*& all. Leeds wanted Kent for £5m, cue another meltdown about how embarrassing that would be. Kent stumbled to mediocrity and we got %^*& all. We got Kamara for £50k and sold him for £5m when he was frankly not giving us anything, a decent deal. Lunstram was a free transfer, remind me again of who bid for him? Roofe - who in their right mind is buying him?

I'm not really sure what your argument is or where your intell is coming from. Are you guessing?
Are you suggesting the board are listening to fans when making crucial financial decisions about the club?

That's extremely worrying if they do/did.

The feeling I’m getting amongst our supporters tonight is anger more than disappointment, feeling sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

I reckon this upcoming transfer window will be our board’s last chance to get it right on the park, and produce a winning Rangers, otherwise heads will roll.

We deserve better.
If the board get this wrong I think we'll start seeing attendances at Ibrox dropping as I agree most fans are sick and tired of this now and will not accept being 2nd best. We did the hard work getting back to being champions and the board have mismanaged us so badly since that we are effectively back to where we started after getting back to the top league.

The lack of experience is a big issue for us.

It's all fair and well pumping the cash in but the winning mentality needs to be there by everyone at the club.

How we solve that I have no idea.
We don’t really know Nils Koppen. Let’s assume his background stands him in good stead coming from a successful club in Holland. For me that’s the football side of the board sorted.

John Bennet - good leader

James Bisgrove- been very successful so far.

Others - generally successful businessmen and know how to make money.

I think the winning mentality comes from the manager ( successful track record).

We don’t have it on the playing side and we can’t afford to buy it either. Souness went and bought about half a dozen club captains who were International players . Probably £200m in todays terms.

We were probably a win against Ross County and a crazy slide tackle at Parkhead away from winning the league.

I don’t get the panic, could we have done much more since Clement arrived. I don’t think so . Not many teams have such a horrific injury list that see’s a summer signing , their January replacement and their youth team replacement all injured.

This is my thoughts on it as well, that this board is so far removed from the actual football side of things, particularly when it comes to Rangers, and until that changes mistakes of past couple of years will continue. Whilst no particular fan of Dave King, he seemed aware of this aspect of the club, and that was instrumental, possibly, in the boldness of appointing Gerrard, and then giving Gerrard what he needed, and what we could give him.
Apparently the board didn't like how much control Gerrard had within the club and couldn't match his demands for success.

King had nothing to do with it initially - I might crisitse a lot of what Mark Allen was up to but he was the man responsible for Gerrard's recruitment.

Stop wasting our money for a start would be nice.

They have got every single appointment wrong after Gerrard.

They had a very weak CEO for years he was walked over by our counterparts.

I want them to run our club properly they stopped doing that while lapping up 55 and too busy with hubris and neglecting the club.

We pay the highest wages in the country look what we get for it.

The board must do better and hire folk that know what they are doing for a start.

Ross Wilson set us back years and they still didn’t sack him
That’ll be the Ross Wilson that many people on here were demanding we brought to the club before he arrived?

Back