This Board’s last chance.

Last summer making all the exec changes in one go with a new manager was always a recipe for disaster.

Can’t change everything in one go and expect success. Putting a rookie manager in charge of transfer business with no support was totally reckless and unforgivable.

Same people calling the shots this year. We will see what happens. Make no mistake Clement and Koppen have a huge say but the buck stops with Bennet and Bisgrove.

If we are no closer by Xmas we will have the same pressure on Clement as last two years.

Sometime we have to waken to the fact it is more than the manager that is wrong.
Where the board is at fault is not so much whether the players were good enough or suited to the positions (I don’t want a board getting involved there), but questioning whether he was buying players for the right area of the pitch. As fans we’ve been calling this back line out since 2018. Yet at no point did someone upstairs say “wait a minute, you’ve bought 10 players now yet three of the back line are the exact same players here Gerrards first season and you’ve supplemented them with the guy we let go 2 years ago?”

The feeling I’m getting amongst our supporters tonight is anger more than disappointment, feeling sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.

I reckon this upcoming transfer window will be our board’s last chance to get it right on the park, and produce a winning Rangers, otherwise heads will roll.

We deserve better.
Is there another board waiting in the wings to take over when the heads roll? Because I didn't see them queuing up when we desperately needed investors. If there is and their priority is to make the club successful, rather than use it as a money making machine, then great. Can't wait to see them. At least the guys running the show just now are Rangers men and while they may not have the deepest pockets, we're already sailing pretty close to the wind on FFP, so they couldn't dig much deeper even if they could or wanted to. The appointment of Beale was a disaster and they deserve flak for that. Personally I think Clement is the right appointment. He's focused on what he needs and if he's allowed to do that over the summer and puts his own stamp on the squad, I think he'll prove himself next season.

Unfortunately, currently there seems to be no viable alternative.
No one with any financial clout will buy into Scottish football when a couple of hundred miles down the road for a similar amount of money you could pick up a championship club which would give you a chance of reaching the riches of the EPL.
I’m sure that if someone had come along and made a proper proposition to our board that was in a club’s best interests, then they would’ve sold a stake at the very least.
I am sure they continue to look for investors.

The only one who showed any interest, the American vulture capitalist, was basically looking to strip/sweat the asset.
That was obvious to anyone who knows anything about business.

The one I was hoping would put his head above the parapet is the Rangers supporting far east based businessman (I think his surname is Gibson). If he is going to get involved, and he has a pile of cash by the sounds of it, then the time is now.

Is there another board waiting in the wings to take over when the heads roll? Because I didn't see them queuing up when we desperately needed investors. If there is and their priority is to make the club successful, rather than use it as a money making machine, then great. Can't wait to see them. At least the guys running the show just now are Rangers men and while they may not have the deepest pockets, we're already sailing pretty close to the wind on FFP, so they couldn't dig much deeper even if they could or wanted to. The appointment of Beale was a disaster and they deserve flak for that. Personally I think Clement is the right appointment. He's focused on what he needs and if he's allowed to do that over the summer and puts his own stamp on the squad, I think he'll prove himself next season.
Much as nobody likes to admit it, we need a board like that Irish Mafia mob. All Celtic men that hate us and want to keep their boot on our throat.

We've tried to play nice for too long, it's done us no favours. A healthy dislike for them is always required at Ibrox. I'm not saying get rid of the board, I'm saying bring people like they have onto the board.

Stop wasting our money for a start would be nice.

They have got every single appointment wrong after Gerrard.

They had a very weak CEO for years he was walked over by our counterparts.

I want them to run our club properly they stopped doing that while lapping up 55 and too busy with hubris and neglecting the club.

We pay the highest wages in the country look what we get for it.

The board must do better and hire folk that know what they are doing for a start.

Ross Wilson set us back years and they still didn’t sack him
Too many chums of the Parks on here who wouldn't want to call them out.

Imagine a world where fatboy jnr was involved in recruitment process for a new manager, a guy with the equivalent of an HNC in business.

Frightening levels of incompetence and still to be seen if Bennett can take the club forward. Weakness at the top of any organisation rips through all areas and unless they properly support PC it will be new manager time by xmas again.

Much as nobody likes to admit it, we need a board like that Irish Mafia mob. All Celtic men that hate us and want to keep their boot on our throat.

We've tried to play nice for too long, it's done us no favours. A healthy dislike for them is always required at Ibrox. I'm not saying get rid of the board, I'm saying bring people like they have onto the board.
We had that with King and it’s no coincidence it coincided with our most successful season. The problem is any Rangers fan who could come in and invest would have to have very deep pockets. And as Scotland as a country are averse to wealth, those folk would have had to have been out the country for so long they won’t be as close to Scottish football. They won’t have the same hatred, they won’t have to work aside celebrating mentally challengeds, they won’t have to put the TV volume up full to shut out the f*king fireworks going of on a Wednesday night!

Don't disagree with that. They also intimidate the media, heavily influence the authorities and have placemen in both. I've said previously that until referees are as reluctant to give decisions against us as they are to give them against them, they're going to continue to get every contentious decision going. Sad its come to that, but it's not our doing. We need to fight fire with fire, but it's easier said than done.

C1872 - and similar groups - will never achieve anything at Rangers. Not because the theory can't work at a club like Rangers. Unfortunately it will never work in practice. Too many supporters are against collective action. Too many simply don't buy into the idea of fan representation at board level and increased fan ownership. There's no appetite for it at Rangers. Limited understanding of what it should look like and limited desire for it to happen. The people involved have made some serious mistakes. Regardless of any intention to do better, the fans simply don't buy into the concept of collective representation and action.

It's pointless blaming C1872 when the wider support have little appetite for the underlying concept. It could be C1872. It was the Rangers Supporters Trust before them. It could be any other fans group looking to deliver meaningful representation. Rangers fans just don't buy into the idea.
Which was my point exactly. All this talk about last chance, getting rid of the board etc can’t happen. The fans don’t have the votes or indeed any alternative suggestion to the status quo. I agree fan representation has little chance of success at Rangers but that is down to the fans.

Was it not stated we were insured for covid losses.
Maybe to a degree but we still posted a loss of £23m the season we won the League.
A huge loss and folk were expecting the magic money tree to allow Gerrard to kick on. We needed to kick on by selling Morelos, Kent and Kamara and correctly reinvesting.

Stop wasting our money for a start would be nice.

They have got every single appointment wrong after Gerrard.

They had a very weak CEO for years he was walked over by our counterparts.

I want them to run our club properly they stopped doing that while lapping up 55 and too busy with hubris and neglecting the club.

We pay the highest wages in the country look what we get for it.

The board must do better and hire folk that know what they are doing for a start.

Ross Wilson set us back years and they still didn’t sack him
Not sure you can say Gio was wrong, a kick away from one of our greatest ever achievements, start of his 2nd season was a horror show after winning the Cup and making a European Final though

We had that with King and it’s no coincidence it coincided with our most successful season. The problem is any Rangers fan who could come in and invest would have to have very deep pockets. And as Scotland as a country are averse to wealth, those folk would have had to have been out the country for so long they won’t be as close to Scottish football. They won’t have the same hatred, they won’t have to work aside celebrating mentally challengeds, they won’t have to put the TV volume up full to shut out the f*king fireworks going of on a Wednesday night!
Not disagreeing with you there. Tbh, I have no answers and any idea how we get on top of them. I'm not expecting to be dominant and go hunting 10 in a row, I just want a better share of the spoils. It was our own downfall that led to them getting 9, was too easy for that lot.

Agreed.
One of worst things to happen was Dave King leaving IMO. It’s went tits up since then. We need some kind of stability.
Since Dave King left,we’ve won the league,the Scottish cup,the league cup,played in the Europa league final,qualified for the champions league,received our record transfer fee for a player and made profit in our accounts for the first time in a decade or more..

King left others to take the financial hit.

Since Dave King left,we’ve won the league,the Scottish cup,the league cup,played in the Europa league final,qualified for the champions league,received our record transfer fee for a player and made profit in our accounts for the first time in a decade or more..

King left others to take the financial hit.
Exactly “Rangers spent less after king left”

Probably because he left behind £15m+ of obligations that he said he was covering and washed his hands of it. The rest of the investors had to do so. Can you imagine if we were able to spend an extra £15m after 55?

As i posted elsewhere when these current investors and board have spent over £80m of theory own money in buying shares to allow us to plug the millions we were losing for years did you come on here and post about that then.
I have never been a sap for any board member to be honest . I have always considered what Rangers Supporters put into the club , as the monumental financial sacrifice. I don’t feel I’m wrong to think in this way.

I may be wrong , it’s my understanding from our own accounts , that these loans were paid off , from players sales, champions league qualification , and Europa league final participation.There no Andrew Carnegie’s on the board of our club.

To be honest , my point is that the board need to up their game , to attract sponsorship finance into the club. I come here to articulate how perceive aspects of the club, it’s a shit show , in my humble opinion
As i posted elsewhere when these current investors and board have spent over £80m of theory own money in buying shares to allow us to plug the millions we were losing for years did you come on here and post about that then.
That old chestnut could have be considered vaguely accurate , had they been “ loaning “ to generate finance in a “ silo”. The ultimate financial sacrifice has been provided by Rangers supporters , buying merchandise , corporate hospitality tickets,

Incidentally , Rangers board will need to substantially invest in the recruitment of a team superior to celtic. That is the facts facing them. I’m consistent in my opinions of expecting the best team on the pitch.

I’m less interested in any highbrow discourse that paints a certain romantic notion of corporate failings . There are many influential Rangers voices advocating the points you have made, with a much more compelling case, which I still find difficult to agree with.

Rangers management and board need to get busy . I’m at a loss to understand , why all of the elite financial businesses are never attracted to our club.

Are we really doing everything to deliver quality investment ? You keep happy clapping if you wish to. Count me out.

I have never been a sap for any board member to be honest . I have always considered what Rangers Supporters put into the club , as the monumental financial sacrifice. I don’t feel I’m wrong to think in this way.

I may be wrong , it’s my understanding from our own accounts , that these loans were paid off , from players sales, champions league qualification , and Europa league final participation.There no Andrew Carnegie’s on the board of our club.

To be honest , my point is that the board need to up their game , to attract sponsorship finance into the club. I come here to articulate how perceive aspects of the club, it’s a shit show , in my humble opinion

That old chestnut could have be considered vaguely accurate , had they been “ loaning “ to generate finance in a “ silo”. The ultimate financial sacrifice has been provided by Rangers supporters , buying merchandise , corporate hospitality tickets,

Incidentally , Rangers board will need to substantially invest in the recruitment of a team superior to celtic. That is the facts facing them. I’m consistent in my opinions of expecting the best team on the pitch.

I’m less interested in any highbrow discourse that paints a certain romantic notion of corporate failings . There are many influential Rangers voices advocating the points you have made, with a much more compelling case, which I still find difficult to agree with.

Rangers management and board need to get busy . I’m at a loss to understand , why all of the elite financial businesses are never attracted to our club.

Are we really doing everything to deliver quality investment ? You keep happy clapping if you wish to. Count me out.
Yep, time stands still for no man

The £80m they have invested is now shares. Its not money they will get back unless they sell them. But they had to stump up those amounts to just help us break even. We decided from King's days that front loading was the best way to keep.providing money to managers to keep trying to build. That could only keep going by shareholder approval and adding shares repeatedly. It had to stop due to FFP as we couldn't keep making losses filled in by new shares.

Bisgrove in his previous role has taken our commercial income to as high a point as its ever been. Record commercial income were the words. So there is only so far that can go whilst playing in Scotland.

We cannot with current finances outspend Celtic. Its impossible cause the spare money we budget for gets spent on players anyway. It's not their personal responsibility to just somehow add their own money to fund this it cannot happen. Its financial doping. FFP will again be all over us. We just have to hope the players we buy work out. Celtic have spent over £100m in 4 years and guess what they have just won the league with 1 game to go. That's not to bad when you see how poor a squad we have. So it may take a few windows and years to get the squad better and make a real challenge. We gave Gerrard 3 years with the investors backing him with their own money but that cant happen now.

We have to get the signings right. Trophies and financial success flow from that. We need hungry, fit, winners. Really hope Clement sees this. Think he does.

I’m not greatly impressed by the board - the snivelling capitulation to being publicly chastised by the SFA in the wake of the Collum episode at New Year was a particular nadir for me - but in terms of its structure, guys like Bennett and Bisgrove have really only been holding the reins for about a year have they not, so perhaps we do need to give them a little bit longer?

At the same time, their job is ultimately to deliver a successful Rangers team so if we’re sitting here next season in the same position that has to be seen as a failure.

Last edited:
I’m not greatly impressed by the board - the snivelling capitulation to being publicly chastised by the SFA in the wake of the Collum episode at New Year was a particular nadir for me - but in terms of its structure, guys like Bennett and Bisgrove have really only been holding the reins for about a year have they not, so perhaps we do need to give them a little bit longer?

At the same time, their job is ultimately to deliver a successful Rangers team so if we’re sitting here next season in the same position that has to be seen as a failure.
Indeed.
This current board didn’t appoint Beale, but they did back him, then sack him when it didn’t work out, then brought in a proven manager, and DoF.

If Clement and Koppen are given fair backing and it goes wrong, then Bisgrove and Bennet absolutely have to carry the can for that.

Indeed.
This current board didn’t appoint Beale, but they did back him, then sack him when it didn’t work out, then brought in a proven manager, and DoF.

If Clement and Koppen are given fair backing and it goes wrong, then Bisgrove and Bennet absolutely have to carry the can for that.
The current Chair didn’t appoint Beale. He was still on the board though as were others who are still in post.

The current Chair didn’t appoint Beale. He was still on the board though as were others who are still in post.
Yes, but I think it’s clear the main players on the previous board were Dougie Park as Chairman and major shareholder, then both Stewart Robertson as Managing Director, and Ross Wilson as director of Football, those will have been the loudest and most prominent voices by far.

Wilson in particular, what’s the point of a DoF if he doesn’t have the biggest say in football matters, outwith overall budget?

Yes, but I think it’s clear the main players on the previous board were Dougie Park as Chairman and major shareholder, then both Stewart Robertson as Managing Director, and Ross Wilson as director of Football, those will have been the loudest and most prominent voices by far.

Wilson in particular, what’s the point of a DoF if he doesn’t have the biggest say in football matters, outwith overall budget?
Yes, I hope that the current Chair and CEO have learned from previous mistakes then

Yes, I hope that the current Chair and CEO have learned from previous mistakes then
Absolutely.

Signs are good for me as they sacked Beale when it became apparent he was out his depth and appointed Clement and then Koppen. Hopefully they can give them enough budget to at least have a fighting chance.

There’s not a hope in hell we can match the beggars spending sadly, but with clever and efficient scouting, we can match their quality if we get it spot on.
Easier said than done right enough

We have to get the signings right. Trophies and financial success flow from that. We need hungry, fit, winners. Really hope Clement sees this. Think he does.
This is why McBurnie is the wrong option. Check his stats at Bumhole Lane & the money spent on signing him & wages.

It's not the boards last chance, like it or not. Unless someone is willing to come in and buy them out.

Beale was a poor appointment, Gio got us to a euro final, although domestically it didn't go right. Clement has the attributes to succeed if he can bring the players in.

I do think (hope) we see a much changed playing squad next year.

I think the club are now at a crossroads. I have the feeling that this Board have settled for second best. They also seem to be oblivious to the constant insults and humiliation heaped upon the club from the MSM and other enemies of the club. In this day in age the "dignified silence" no longer works. It is simply a sign of this Board's weakness with the SPFL, SFA and the refereeing community pissing all over us.

Why do they have so much more money than us? I get the bigger stadium by about 9500 seats x £500 per seat. Just around £5m ahead of us on that regard. What about the rest? Its evidence we need. And if that evidence points to a scout team who are blind, get them to %^*&. They buy O`Reilly for £1.5m. He`s going for minimum £15m. If they can unearth them, so can we.
We were linked with O'Reilly in 2019.

Play hardball. Reserves until they leave. See how many big contracts they get offered elsewhere when they've not played for 18 months.

It seems we are the only club in the world who talk about a player trading model and then make excuses about not being able to implement it because we can't stop players running down their contracts. It's a nonsense.

Ajax, PSV, Porto, Sporting Lisbon, our pals across the city all seem to manage it fine.

Who was the last big asset to walk out of Celtic on a Bosman ?
Don't know if it was a Bosman, but the Greek keeper they paid north of 5m for walked for nothing. I think Julien, who they paid 7.5m for also went for nothing.

As for the "reserves til they leave" they still get their contract paid up regardless.

Don't know if it was a Bosman, but the Greek keeper they paid north of 5m for walked for nothing. I think Julien, who they paid 7.5m for also went for nothing.

As for the "reserves til they leave" they still get their contract paid up regardless.
Yes the reserves till they leave is fine in theory.

The 1st dropped points would see fans demanding these highly paid players back in the first team.

Maybe to a degree but we still posted a loss of £23m the season we won the League.
A huge loss and folk were expecting the magic money tree to allow Gerrard to kick on. We needed to kick on by selling Morelos, Kent and Kamara and correctly reinvesting.
So effectively we stood still and we're now watching Celtic dominate again with a squad that can't beat them.

We just need a huge transfer window and a bit more luck next season. With them in the CL (8 games) it will drain them and hopefully lead to more dropped points

Remember Dave King's house of cards - that still applies. We just need one title. Then everything will collapse over there and we can resume dominance

Back the team and the board for next season and we can still leave them in the dust.

If anything has been totally disproven in the last few years, it’s this.

The £80m they have invested is now shares. Its not money they will get back unless they sell them. But they had to stump up those amounts to just help us break even. We decided from King's days that front loading was the best way to keep.providing money to managers to keep trying to build. That could only keep going by shareholder approval and adding shares repeatedly. It had to stop due to FFP as we couldn't keep making losses filled in by new shares.

Bisgrove in his previous role has taken our commercial income to as high a point as its ever been. Record commercial income were the words. So there is only so far that can go whilst playing in Scotland.

We cannot with current finances outspend Celtic. Its impossible cause the spare money we budget for gets spent on players anyway. It's not their personal responsibility to just somehow add their own money to fund this it cannot happen. Its financial doping. FFP will again be all over us. We just have to hope the players we buy work out. Celtic have spent over £100m in 4 years and guess what they have just won the league with 1 game to go. That's not to bad when you see how poor a squad we have. So it may take a few windows and years to get the squad better and make a real challenge. We gave Gerrard 3 years with the investors backing him with their own money but that cant happen now.
I thought they were exclusively getting paid back in shares too, the accounts of record profits , post champs league and Europa final, players sales indicated that profits were offset by expenditure of paying back loans in cash.
This is not disputable , it impacted on the numbers for Gio investing in the team, as he would have liked to.

I didn’t state anything about outspending Celtic. I did say we need to buy better players than they have , at any given time of a football season. We need to be pro active and reactive in every measure, to become the top team again, particularly in light of the financial mite of winning a title brings. The two things are not necessarily the same.

This board need to delver much better for the supporters , I will bow in awe , when the club profile record breaking , financial deals with Barclaycard or Standard Chartered.
If others want to get wet over local independent traders , who happen to be good Rangers supporters, appearing on a jersey go ahead.

We need mansions of hard cash , we are a global football club , with the most beautiful history, our sponsorship should be reflective of this.

It’s just my opinion , other opinions , like yourself , is available elsewhere, all I expect from the club , is to be mindful of what they are representing. We should be building on our contemporary media profile , from the achievements in European competitions, to generate record levels of investment , from the elite sponsorship partners of football. They aren’t doing their job .

I thought they were exclusively getting paid back in shares too, the accounts of record profits , post champs league and Europa final, players sales indicated that profits were offset by expenditure of paying back loans in cash.
This is not disputable , it impacted on the numbers for Gio investing in the team, as he would have liked to.

I didn’t state anything about outspending Celtic. I did say we need to buy better players than they have , at any given time of a football season. We need to be pro active and reactive in every measure, to become the top team again, particularly in light of the financial mite of winning a title brings. The two things are not necessarily the same.

This board need to delver much better for the supporters , I will bow in awe , when the club profile record breaking , financial deals with Barclaycard or Standard Chartered.
If others want to get wet over local independent traders , who happen to be good Rangers supporters, appearing on a jersey go ahead.

We need mansions of hard cash , we are a global football club , with the most beautiful history, our sponsorship should be reflective of this.

It’s just my opinion , other opinions , like yourself , is available elsewhere, all I expect from the club , is to be mindful of what they are representing. We should be building on our contemporary media profile , from the achievements in European competitions, to generate record levels of investment , from the elite sponsorship partners of football. They aren’t doing their job .
You know what mate we need to spend within out income. Its that simple. All the other stiff you said means nothing with no disrespect. It's how football works now.

Unfortunately, currently there seems to be no viable alternative.
No one with any financial clout will buy into Scottish football when a couple of hundred miles down the road for a similar amount of money you could pick up a championship club which would give you a chance of reaching the riches of the EPL.
I’m sure that if someone had come along and made a proper proposition to our board that was in a club’s best interests, then they would’ve sold a stake at the very least.
I am sure they continue to look for investors.

The only one who showed any interest, the American vulture capitalist, was basically looking to strip/sweat the asset.
That was obvious to anyone who knows anything about business.

The one I was hoping would put his head above the parapet is the Rangers supporting far east based businessman (I think his surname is Gibson). If he is going to get involved, and he has a pile of cash by the sounds of it, then the time is now.
Gibson is involved, I think it might be the FFP that is the problem

Gibson is involved, I think it might be the FFP that is the problem
Interesting. FFP is a bugger for clubs like us.
I just hope he’s going to step in property soon as he strikes me as sort of character who could be attractive to players and agents because of his leadership skills, ability to express ambition combined with enthusiasm and massive wealth.
He doesn’t necessarily need to be chair but does need to take a leading role in making big decisions.

Back