This is similar to the collapse Clement had at Monaco that cost him his job.

Not saying he'll get the bullet but there was a similar collapse with one win in the last 7 games there.
The players are massively massively to blame for this but just maybe we got a bit ahead of ourselves with how great we thought the manager is.
He needed to be stronger and ship the shysters out of that team quicker also his decision to sign Silva rather than a striker in January was a monumental %^*& up.

Behave, everyone should know by now what the problem is. It's like UK gold with the usual suspects.

He’s won leagues though. Wish the OP would stop talking
You don't agree, fair enough.
All I've done is point out similarities.
He simply isn't blameless in the collapse, his team selections have been baffling far too many times to mention and the team have zero identity or strategy from what I see every week.
That interview was a car crash as well.

Not saying he'll get the bullet but there was a similar collapse with one win in the last 7 games there.
The players are massively massively to blame for this but just maybe we got a bit ahead of ourselves with how great we thought the manager is.
He needed to be stronger and ship the shysters out of that team quicker also his decision to sign Silva rather than a striker in January was a monumental %^*& up.
I said during the match, early on actually.

It's rhenplayers, not the gaffer. They have repeat form

Let's see how many players from this collapse are still at Ibrox next season. He's had to deal with Beales signings plus the serial bottlers/losers that have been here for a few seasons.

These players had similar end of season collapses under Stevie G and Gio. It’s on them more than it is the managers
Agree with this Michael Mols. There is a phrase "serial losers" which has appeared on here far too often, but unfortunately it seems to be true. Some of them have been brilliant for Rangers in some fantastic games, but the same ones seem to be well past their sell-by date now. Time to re-group.

This interview is a car crash

I genuinely thought he would see what we all see, seems not
He can hardly throw them under the bus when we have a cup semi at the weekend and are a win at the Piggery and a few other results away from the league title.

I know the league is gone but he has to keep these shitehawks onside in the hope they start showing up as unlikely as that is.

We’re for worse as the injured players have come back

Yeah unfortunately that's the truth.

I'd love to know the approximate weekly wage of everyone who was "involved" tonight.

Must be around 400-450k and that's the best they can muster.

Unbelievably bad.

Imposters can GTF.

Players throwing yet another manager under the bus same thing happened to wee gio. Time to get rid of tav goldson and cantwell 3 players who just don’t have the bottle of it unfortunately. Got my suspicions on Kieran Dowell as well.

Too many players are playing shit to just drop. Clement could drop Goldson, Tav, Lunny etc, but I doubt that changes a thing at this point, neither would it 2 games or 4 games ago, except to demoralise the squad further.

The core of the team seems psychologically done in, and it needs rebuilt, but that takes multiple windows.

Like Sunday walking football,strolling about the park midfield and defence didn’t seem to be in a hurry to do anything.
This. We'd have been as well stopping and asking the Dundee players if they were ready before playing it over the halfway line. Same horseshoe pissing about at the back we had under Gio, giving the opposition time to walk back into position before we get anywhere near their box.

Depressing to think how we've regressed from the urgency we showed in the match v Ross County at Ibrox where we were 3 (or more up) and still trying to score as many goals as possible. Then tonight, in a must-win game we're drawing, showing all the patience in the world and no urgency whatsoever.

We could bring in Pep next season and start with that squad and I’d guarantee by the end of the season he’d be binned, this squad have shat the bed at the slightest hint of pressure 99% of the time they have been together the pattern is clear as day now.
We can’t keep blaming managers, sacking them and bringing in someone new. We need to do what we have been needing to do for a while and gut the core of the squad.

Does he bollocks, they’ll be there first league game next season and the annual October search for a manager will come around.
I’ll put a pound on it they won’t. Their time is up at the end of the season and these players know it. I’m hoping their time is up now and he will drop at least two of them for Sunday. Over to you Phil.

This is madness after a poor run of performances at a crucial time, ie the arse falling out from under a group of players, that in hindsight, we should have seen coming, but...

You think there will ever be a time where Tavernier, Goldson, Lundstram etc maybe come out and say, look, we've run out course, maybe we are the problem. Or will they just go on thinking mediocrity and second best every season is good enough?

He has inherited a squad that had this failure in it and tried to work miracles with them. He is not going to throw them under the bus and will continue to try get a miracle out of them.

Put it this way if you changed the whole defence and Lundstram who will replace them? Same with the midfield. We don't have the personnel so with what we have he is trying but I am sure he is not stupid and can see the failure and what is needed. The players are to blame here.

It’s the players.

Pep, Jose, Don Carlo, Klopp etc cannot magic the players to have better quality.

Massive summer transfer window required.

I’ll put a pound on it they won’t. Their time is up at the end of the season and these players know it. I’m hoping their time is up now and he will drop at least two of them for Sunday. Over to you Phil.

Lundstram will get a new deal and where are Tavernier and Goldson going to go?

Anyone with 100% confidence in the manager (in any manager) is just practicing blind faith, or desperate for the solution to be simple i.e. it’s only the players.

There has to be a healthy skepticism towards everyone involved in the football team including the manager and we have to allow criticism when it’s due.

Annoyingly a lot of people interpret anything less than 100% confidence as you wanting him to get the sack. Cause most football fans can’t see beyond black or white.

The chances we have a unrecognised managerial genius that just requires some money to rebuild are slim. He may be a good manager - truth is I don’t know yet. Frankly it depends on what he does now during the first difficult period of his time here.

Highlights how good it was getting a tune out of this squad

Ridvan, cortes, and diomande out has utterly destroyed the good progress we made

Truth is we are not a good team and only in a title race because the scum have been shite this year.
How many times this season have we been in a position to turn the screw and really go for it then fucked every single one of them.
The sooner this lot are gone the better.

It’s the players.

Pep, Jose, Don Carlo, Klopp etc cannot magic the players to have better quality.

Massive summer transfer window required.

Our manager is unproven outside of his own country.

The players we know need replaced, but everyone's been too quick to say Clement is the man.

Some of his decision making has been utterly baffling. His post match assessment tonight was embarrassing.

As far as I'm concerned, he's got it all to prove.

I mean, I don't get what the OP is talking about in terms of comparing with Clement at Monaco. The vast majority of managerial failures at an individual club end with a string of poor results. Is there something similar in the manner of the performances? Or something similar in terms of dressing room discontent? If all we're doing is saying Clement's time at Monaco ended badly and he's had a few bad results over the past month here, I don't think there's anything meaningful to draw from that.

Clement has had us going in the right direction. Much more so than Beale, and more so than Gio did in the league. He's managed this with a shocking squad situation full of injured players and players who are either done or not good enough. Successful teams are built around players who managers trust. Who can Clement trust? Butland, yes. Sterling, in my opinion yes. Sima. It's been well-documented that Clement "loves" Lundstram. He's probably put a lot of faith in Tav and Goldson too. Well, maybe he's realised that when it comes to the crunch, he can't actually rely on them and that's been a bit of a shock to the system? Maybe he's realising he's got a hell of a job on his hands to rip this up and actually start all over again come the summer.

You don't agree, fair enough.
All I've done is point out similarities.
He simply isn't blameless in the collapse, his team selections have been baffling far too many times to mention and the team have zero identity or strategy from what I see every week.
That interview was a car crash as well.
Monaco he was doing great until they sold their better players mostly to Chelsea in the January

On top of that! Monaco are that type of team which he has alluded to, 5K in a stadium etc

Our manager is unproven outside of his own country.

The players we know need replaced, but everyone's been too quick to say Clement is the man.

Some of his decision making has been utterly baffling. His post match assessment tonight was embarrassing.

As far as I'm concerned, he's got it all to prove.
I wouldn’t read too much in what he’s saying. You’ll never get to hear what you want the manager to say in these moments.

The players are the constant in all this. Cant keep sacking managers every time the same set of players shit the bed.

These players had similar end of season collapses under Stevie G and Gio. It’s on them more than it is the managers
Agree mate. Privately Clement should give them their character and call them out publicly if which I expect we concede the title. Same players have been protected for season after season now and this is the response .

This now reaffirms its about bottle

Digging results out

Going the distance

Getting it over the line

Theres elite level football i.e. the top 5 leagues in Europe.

We have proven that we can punch up. But we ultimately are just bang average. With no bottle. Is that 11 out of 12?

This interview is a car crash

I genuinely thought he would see what we all see, seems not
We have a semi final on Sunday and have to at least put up a pretence of a title challenge.
Throwing the ayers under the bus publicly isn't the way to go.

How many of these players, 3, so there is another 8 there to stand up and be counted.
Simpletons will use the 3 players as a comfort blanket.
Clement has well and truly fucked it with his team selections the past few games.
Yes sadly just getting rid of a couple of serial losers wont solve our problems. Certainly who'll score without one of them.

Does he have the balls to rid us of tavernier, Goldson & Lundstram?

Debatable tbh
Those 3 are the problem IMO.

I know Tav provides goals & assists galore, and a motivated Lundstram can run a midifield to compete with most…. But the team with them in it consistently collapses at the sight of the closing straight of a league campaign.

In particular, they just can not deal with being on top.

Back