This is the telling quote for me:

I seriously doubt we'll win all our remaining games.

But just for argument's sake, if we can better Celtic's goal difference in the four remaining fixtures other than the Old Firm by four goals, then we'll win the title.

They are currently five goals better off than us. If we win at the Piggery even by a solitary goal, then that goal difference is cut to three.

So if they win one of their games 2-0 but we win 3-0, that cuts it to two. And so on.

Worst thing is if they go and pump someone 5-0. We'd have to match it to stay in contention.

We know we must win all remaining fixtures. In my view, goal difference won't come into it. If we lift this title then I think it's because Killie or Hearts will have taken points off them.
Dundee are on hand to ensure that they do indeed “go and pump someone 5-0”….

After the last 2 displays I really don’t see this team being able to win 5 league games in a row

They don’t have the hunger or fight or desire so when we play the harder teams that will be even tougher to gets 5 wins

We’ve dropped too many points in last 4/5 games and it’s going to cost us

I wish they’d prove me wrong and do it but it’s highly unlikely

The post match interview is not a place for honesty.

He’s hardly going to say “aye they’ve fucked it and the likes of Lundstram and Goldson will never be at the core of a winning team”
When i first listened to his interview after the game i was still in a rage but you are right and tbh i think McFadden even said that on sky. There is no point slaughtering players in a post match interview at this stage of the season.
The reality is the season has crumbled away and he needs to try and see if he can get some sort of tune out of the charlatans in our team until the end of the season.

Reactions: VGM
5 goals behind them with 5 games to play is far from a massive goal difference fs.
Nor does it take into consideration the fact that they may drop points to Killie (again) or Hearts (again). Remember losing to them at Ibrox to go 5 points behind with 4 games to go in 2005? Everyone thought that was it. League over. They immediately lost their next game against Hibs, then again to Motherwell and the legend of Helicopter Sunday was born. Do I think we'll win this league from here? Highly unlikely. But we're not in as bad a position as we were in 2005, so all I'm saying is it isn't over til it's over.

But just for argument's sake, if we can better Celtic's goal difference in the four remaining fixtures other than the Old Firm by four goals, then we'll win the title.

They are currently five goals better off than us. If we win at the Piggery even by a solitary goal, then that goal difference is cut to three.

So if they win one of their games 2-0 but we win 3-0, that cuts it to two. And so on.

Worst thing is if they go and pump someone 5-0. We'd have to match it to stay in contention.

We know we must win all remaining fixtures. In my view, goal difference won't come into it. If we lift this title then I think it's because Killie or Hearts will have taken points off them.
It feels unlikely this morning but we had 11 straight wins up until the Motherwell game so we do have it in our locker to go on a run.The Manager needs to stop the rot somehow and get the players heads up.

So many posters have said over and over again that when it comes to crunch time/the run in and its down to what team drops points, it will be us that drop them. Replies have been ' panty wetters' and all that bollox. It is 100% the truth, Rangers when it comes to the crunch will drop points and its happened. Our squad quite simply are not good enough footballers to do what is required of a Rangers player. I believe they want to win the league, of course they do, but they don't possess the football skill and football ability to achieve it. Its a sad fact but its a fact nonetheless. Teams that cant beat Motherwell, Dundee and Ross County and rarely beat their rivals, dont win league championships. They have failed us again and its time for them to fail another club because Rangers need to be champions in the future and we need to find players that get that.

We needed 94 goal attempts for 5 goals in the 4 games before last night.

Misfiring cannot continue.

Address this over the last 7 games, it's easily doable.

Start burying 3 a game, we win it all.
Equally, stop conceding 3 a game.

I think criticism of the manager at this stage is totally unjustified all things considered. Even what seemed dubious team selections in some games.. they were mostly forced on him due to the injury situation and with various player’s being unable to last 90 minutes. You couldn’t get any worse luck with how things have gone this season losing so many players to injuries. It’s got to be one of the worst if not THE worst I can remember for many a year?

These players were not signed by him and he’s having to rely on certain guy’s until the season is over and by the looks of things there’s a good chance our season will be over by Sunday afternoon and to be honest at the moment I couldn’t care less if Hearts progress to the final as this crowd would probably bottle that as well and I think I’ve had about as much as I can take now.

It’s another kick in the balls to a support that quite frankly have had so many over the years, you become numb to it which sadly signifies that you kind of expect it to happen. There’s no ifs, buts or maybes anymore, PC and this board MUST empty the place in the summer. There’s at least 13 need to go, it’s probably closer to 15 or 16…in any case it’s a MASSIVE clear out we’re talking about and if it doesn’t happen it’ll tell you a lot about this board and should set alarm bells off as to what other horrors await us next season and beyond?

I think alot of fans need to realise Clement has no choice but to rely on this lot until the summer

It is not a good look to players he is looking to bring in if he is known to publicly flog the players either.

We might not like it, and we might want him to , but he just can't.
And in contract guys , who u want to sell , you aren’t best advised to imply are not that great

Can’t believe we have to talk about these matters wow is it really hard for people to understand some of this lol

Folk have given up on here.
Can you blame folks? It's pretty clear from the last 2 games the players look like they've given up any hope of it.

If it was purely the points difference at this stage I'd still have cautious hope, but when you add in the performance levels falling off a cliff, it's hard to see how there's any chance we win at Parkhead, let alone win every other game which would almost certainly be required (and even then possibly wouldn't be enough).

I thought his post match comments last night were strange at best. And very alarming at worst.

And yes, I get the thing about protecting the players etc. But there's a fine line between that and taking the piss out the support. We all have eyes.
Doesn’t mean people have a mindset to interpret the evidence and consequences and what a manager has to handle mate

Can you blame folks? It's pretty clear from the last 2 games the players look like they've given up any hope of it.

If it was purely the points difference at this stage I'd still have cautious hope, but when you add in the performance levels falling off a cliff, it's hard to see how there's any chance we win at Parkhead, let alone win every other game which would almost certainly be required (and even then possibly wouldn't be enough).

We all make choices, the weak give up.

What would you advise him to say then?

I was hoping he would be more honest and say in the last few games we haven’t met the standards we set ourselves. The players have been told this. They know it and we’ll be back on the trading ground tomorrow to make this right.

5 goals behind them with 5 games to play is far from a massive goal difference fs.
Especially a game against them. If you'd told me we'd be in this position when we sacked Beale I would have definitely taken it.

It's just the performances have been so poor there's absolutely no chance.

Especially a game against them. If you'd told me we'd be in this position when we sacked Beale I would have definitely taken it.

It's just the performances have been so poor there's absolutely no chance.

That's a half empty glass.

I see us with every chance, because it's possible.

We all make choices, the weak give up.
I'm not giving up, merely pointing out the players look like they have - Ross County alone was bad but to follow it up with an arguably even worse performance last night is not the stuff of a team who have what it takes to be champions.

I don't think anyone is truly giving up, but assessing the likelihood now as very small based on the evidence in front of their eyes.

Can you imagine we somehow manged to still win it.Its 3 points lads you never know.Im still holding out until its mathematical over lol.

I think criticism of the manager at this stage is totally unjustified all things considered. Even what seemed dubious team selections in some games.. they were mostly forced on him due to the injury situation and with various player’s being unable to last 90 minutes. You couldn’t get any worse luck with how things have gone this season losing so many players to injuries. It’s got to be one of the worst if not THE worst I can remember for many a year?

These players were not signed by him and he’s having to rely on certain guy’s until the season is over and by the looks of things there’s a good chance our season will be over by Sunday afternoon and to be honest at the moment I couldn’t care less if Hearts progress to the final as this crowd would probably bottle that as well and I think I’ve had about as much as I can take now.

It’s another kick in the balls to a support that quite frankly have had so many over the years, you become numb to it which sadly signifies that you kind of expect it to happen. There’s no ifs, buts or maybes anymore, PC and this board MUST empty the place in the summer. There’s at least 13 need to go, it’s probably closer to 15 or 16…in any case it’s a MASSIVE clear out we’re talking about and if it doesn’t happen it’ll tell you a lot about this board and should set alarm bells off as to what other horrors await us next season and beyond?
That is the issue isn’t it contagion of bad professionalism and low mentality.

Tbh I recall NB speak abt the type for Rangers and I look now and see he has accumulated players who really don’t have it either

His first two promising signings have already suggested they don’t and not many of the ones who joined in summer are suggesting they have a long term offering at being Rangers .

I'm not giving up, merely pointing out the players look like they have - Ross County alone was bad but to follow it up with an arguably even worse performance last night is not the stuff of a team who have what it takes to be champions.

I don't think anyone is truly giving up, but assessing the likelihood now as very small based on the evidence in front of their eyes.

I've not denied our form is shit.

Form is temporary, this need not continue.

One good game in the next game, with a couple goals or more and away we go.

The manager has been unable to put a team out with the necessary tactics to beat Ross county and Dundee. Of course he deserves criticism. He also deserves our backing and next season to prove he has what it takes but he is not unworthy of a bit of criticism.

Come on lastnight wasn’t nearly as bad as Dingwall that was a meltdown and that was PCs point the structure was secure again but the advanced and forwards couldn’t provide movement and opportunities leading to an xG 1.03

The way our fans obsess over interviews is mind numbing.
they tend to pick out the bits they want to hear,so they can have a go at the manager.in his first interviews after being appointed he said that there would be bumps in the road and that’s when he would see what the mentality of the squad was on how they react.

A Rangers team of the past would absolutely not be getting written off in this situation.

This one is and deservedly so, the support is entirely justified in having no faith in this bunch. Celtic do have Dundee away, Hearts at Parkhead then us and then Killie away, so the League could easily change provided we had the correct attitude and application from the playing squad.

But we don't. They don't want to win it and they're happy to see the fans suffer.

So what do you want him to say? We’ve fucked it and the lads are all looking forward to their summer hols?
There's a middle ground, you know.

"We've relinquished a commanding position in the title race, and that's on myself and the players. But the season isn't over and we must focus now on the Cup and then the next league game."

Goals wont matter as they have still to play Dundee. If by some miracle we do hammer someone they will just oblige.

Post match interviews and press conferences, utter scripted drivel from people trained to say lots but say nothing. I don’t even bother watching either now. It’s meant to be part of the overall fan experience but thanks to shit journos who jump on anything and turn it into click bait BS, no one is willing to provide any insight or honesty in the game.

The Scum use these things to put pressure on referees and dog whistle the low life’s in their support to do the same. They use the to set a completely false narrative and those in the media are too incompetent and lazy to question or only too happy to help a particular club.

I wish we would do the same, it’s about all these things are good for (if good is the right word!)

I'd say having to put Roofe on as a starting striker confirmed everything about our team.

We have a decent starting 11 but options from that outwith are absolutely shite. Our winter recruitment had a guy out with a thumb injury, one recovering from a knee injury and one we'd swap instantly for the other 2 still getting a game.

We are really looking at a summer where its likely we're going to need

- a new number 1 assuming Butland will be sold to fund it.
- a new left back
- two at centre half
- three cm
- 3 wide players
- 2 strikers

The guts of this team need cleared out

That process started last night with the clean sheet.

We score a goal or 2 early again in games, everything changes.
Is that also the start of the process of us scoring no goals?

I admire your optimism mate, I've been accused of being a happy clapper more than I care to remember on here.

My faith in these players has run out though.
And that's entirely on them.

I admire your optimism mate, I've been accused of being a happy clapper more than I care to remember on here.

I get that man, chuck no towel in with them until it's impossible.

If/when that day comes, then they deserve every bit of abuse that comes their way.

For the present, it's all still there for us.

Back the bassas while all is to play for, we can do no other.

I dont get how anyone can look at this group of players and think they can go to the crime scene and win.

Its got nothing to do with being weak/optimistic/pessimistic/throwing in the towel or anything else in that grouping.

Sheer common sense and a basis understanding of football tells us they wont.

And saying so doesnt make us less of a fan from the "we can still do this" brigade.

A Rangers team of the past would absolutely not be getting written off in this situation.

This one is and deservedly so, the support is entirely justified in having no faith in this bunch. Celtic do have Dundee away, Hearts at Parkhead then us and then Killie away, so the League could easily change provided we had the correct attitude and application from the playing squad.

But we don't. They don't want to win it and they're happy to see the fans suffer.
I don’t believe for a second that they don’t want to win it. Of course they do. They just don’t have the football ability to win it, that’s why we won’t win it. Just look at the way they use the ball. They are not good enough footballers to win a league championship it’s as simple as that.

The team has lost any attacking process it had.

We have no way of playing. The players look shot of any desire or real hunger to do anything about it. That spark that dragged us back into this title race has left us. We are a passionate lot, there is no doubt in my mind that injuries have taken their toll as part of the problem. Players overused and others only trying to get up to speed at the wrong time of the season.

What worries me more is a solid back 4 looks to have lost the ability to defend overnight. Our main midfielder who had bossed every game since the gaffer came in looks like he no longer wants to be there. Our CF who misses too many chances is still leading the line but we are struggling to create the same number of clear cut chances.

The Manager's opinions are built around seeing all these guys on the training pitch so therefore it is more informed opinion than what we have. He just however, review the games and see what is best for the team. How uncomfortable is Sterling at Left Back? Constantly having to try and check inside. He does however have the drive and energy we are badly lacking in the middle of the park which is where he should be. From the outside, if it were me, I would be promoting Robbie Fraser to play the next couple of games at LB and have Sterling replace Lundstram in midfield. Fraser is 21 years old, not 16. It's his natural position and we should be prioritising the spine of the team which for me means Sterling playing in there.

It's far from impossible to win our remaining 5 games but the team is showing nothing to give us any confidence that they will. Something has to change to change that.

You say it yourself - the manager is more informed than us.

In which case, rightly or wrongly, he doesn't see Robbie Fraser as good enough to step in, or Yfeko, or any other young left back options. He's not scared of doing that.

I can absolutely see why people want Lundstram dropped - I don't think he will be, but it's always possible - but I don't think Sterling should be his replacement if we do. We need him next to a Lundstram rather than trying to play that deeper lying playmaker role. If Lundstram comes out of the team, for me it's Raskin, King or Rice who would come in, and again, the fact none of them are even getting off the bench suggests Clement isn't of the belief they can do the job right now.

Wish I had your optimism my man.

Get Dio and Ridvan back and I'll be a bit more positive, but that group of players who played yesterday don't look like they have what it takes to win 5 games in a row.

Going to start with a convincing win against St Mirren after doing Hearts in the semi.

Regardless of what happens elsewhere, we add another win at home against Killie, every last one of us is back on board for parkheid.

A few goals needed next games, been a while since we were 2 up in a game and comfortable.

Ffs not very good at standing by and giving managers a chance. A draw against them. Defeat to Ross county and a draw last night and knives are out already.

Going to start with a convincing win against St Mirren after doing Hearts in the semi.

Regardless of what happens elsewhere, we add another win at home against Killie, every last one of us is back on board for parkheid.

A few goals needed next games, been a while since we were 2 up in a game and comfortable.
Anything is possible. But realistically, beating them in the SCF to get some momentum into next season is about as much as may be as much as we can expect.

But hope for the best.

I get that man, chuck no towel in with them until it's impossible.

If/when that day comes, then they deserve every bit of abuse that comes their way.

For the present, it's all still there for us.

Back the bassas while all is to play for, we can do no other.
That day has come, and far too often with this squad.

I'm just sick of backing them, I guarantee none of them are feeling how we are today.

they have the insurance of st mirren at home in the last game if they need 5 or 6 goals they will get them ,our best chance is winning all our games and hope maybe hearts or kilmarnock can get a draw

What he says in public and what he thinks will be completely different! He has a semi final at the weekend to prepare for and he will be looking at ways of getting the best out of a confidence berefet squad of players. Loose the semi and the game against St Midden and we will hear a different mantra, one closer to his thoughts.

As for Sunday it might be a case of listening to his actions and not his words when we see what the team selection is.

That day has come, and far too often with this squad.

I'm just sick of backing them, I guarantee none of them are feeling how we are today.

Not yet it's not and I agree it's been way too often with them.

Peltering them just now while they can change outcomes isn't for me.

If they make the situation irreversible, we are all in on being all in on them as it's justified.

Not right now though, back them.

Back