This Saturday - honest feelings

Three Strikes.

We're OUT.

No chance we win those battles. Not a chance in hell.
People seem to be running with this narrative that Maeda has ran away with every old firm he's ever played. When just before the Ibrox draw you had Celtic fans on social media saying that Tav has had good battles with him and there's never really a clear winner. (then of course he got his freak goal etc)

As for whoever is against McGregor, we need to stop picking teams to try and stop him and do as Gerrard done and say "respectfully, we're Rangers. We will play our way and let teams worry about us"

We wont win the cup.
Pains me to say it but i think the only reason we even went top with the players we have was due to the injuries they received.
Hope im wrong but the so called leadership group is a joke.
Whenever we've needed a leader they always hide.

For myself the feelings leading into Saturday are very very similar to OF games in our first couple of seasons back in the top flight before Gerrard arrived.

Hoping we can keep it tight and maybe nick something but all signs from both recent games against them and league performances in general point towards us being brushed aside.

I know a lot don't like it but Andy halliday hit the nail on the head we need to use our keeper and play thru there press. You watch any team that played them in Europe they try to pen you in. Be brave and play thru. Think it was shaktar who done it so well

People seem to be running with this narrative that Maeda has ran away with every old firm he's ever played. When just before the Ibrox draw you had Celtic fans on social media saying that Tav has had good battles with him and there's never really a clear winner. (then of course he got his freak goal etc)

As for whoever is against McGregor, we need to stop picking teams to try and stop him and do as Gerrard done and say "respectfully, we're Rangers. We will play our way and let teams worry about us"
Tavernier has been good against him one on one in the past. He must be an absolute nightmare to play against though, and nobody knows how Sterling would fare over 90 minutes.

I know a lot don't like it but Andy halliday hit the nail on the head we need to use our keeper and play thru there press. You watch any team that played them in Europe they try to pen you in. Be brave and play thru. Think it was shaktar who done it so well
We seem to try that but are not very good at it.

Butland to Souttar to Goldson to Tav to punt down the line. Repeat.

Variations include Goldson or Butland to punt it forward.

A neutral venue with an even split of fans will hopefully make for a good game (i.e. we win)

Is this Clements 4th game against them - surely he has seen the way they will play against us in that we never press their defence and we allow McGregor and O'Riley too much space.

If you don't win the midfield you won't win the game but we also have to stop Maeda from tormenting Tavernier.

We need to score first to build some momentum but we are rarely clinical enough to do this quickly.
The way to stop Maeda tormenting Tav is to drop him or play him elsewhere and have sterling in at right back. He can't compete against him, he's shown that time and time and time again. About time the manager done the necessary.

PC has not had the chance to get his own squad in yet, but plans and formations are 100% in his control.
If we play 2 vrs 3 in the middle again we are gubbed.

Beside that he will have to gamble on fitness and start Sima and Yilmaz. If they can't last, then at least it was attempted. No point throwing them after we concede.

Hopefully a bit of professional pride kicks in for the last old firm game and will undoubtedly be the last time we see some of these players in Rangers colours.

Absolutely hate feeling this way but can’t help feeling the gaffer is going to spring no surprises on Sat.

Messers lundstrum and Lawrence (if fit) will likely find their way into the line up and we will once again concede early to a stupid preventable goal. Most likely a tap in for Kyogo.

Gaffer will be on thin ice but his defenders will all say that it’s not his players.

I really hope he has a surprise up his sleeve, in terms of gameplan and approach to hit them hard and early.

Something needs to change, we can’t possibly hope to go into this game with the same setup that has seen us take 1 point out of a possible 9 under clement against THEM.
I honestly hope the guys that are thrown in the towel aren't anywhere near hampden on Saturday.
They'd be better watching it in a darkened room behind the couch.

These players have got one last big performance in them before moving on

We seem to try that but are not very good at it.

Butland to Souttar to Goldson to Tav to punt down the line. Repeat.

Variations include Goldson or Butland to punt it forward.
No not quite what I mean mate I literally mean passing out it not launching a ball 70 yards.

The replies are just a copy and paste from the previous one, ranging from "we have no chance", "we will take a hammering" to "Clement needs to win this or.."

No one is suggesting burying our heads in the sand, and everyone including our manager can see the glaring issues in our squad. However, I can't get my head around so many on here acting is if we are coming up against prime Barca and the only chance we have is as a plucky underdog, snatching a Cinderella story victory.

My own perspective is, every OF game this season has been very similar, where we have missed chances, shot ourselves in the face defensively and had a player sent off or a crucial decision has went against us. We are more than capable of winning on Saturday and the three key ways of doing so are, no defensive %^*& up's, win the midfield battle and take our chances. Very simple in reality, but I recognise we have failed to do this in every OF this season.
I understand your viewpoint.

I’m just putting my opinion and thoughts based on what we have all experienced against them so far this season. Granted they are not a great side but for whatever reason we are not turning up in these games apart from second half at Ibrox in recent 3-3 draw.

It’s all my own honest thoughts and not a copy and paste like I said, if your seeing a pattern of opinions like I shared then I would say that’s indicative of a frustrated support who all can see what needs to change as we approach this monumental end of season game.

Ive given clement a lot of credit for making it a title challnge after coming in but he has been awful at picking a team and tactic to beat celtic. I know injuries played a part but even with the options he had ive felt ge has went for the wrong players. We need as much speed and aggression as we can muster on saturday.
correct, no point in anyone denying this, it’s facts. He has to learn from past mistakes, if he doesn’t then he’s not the one to lead the rebuild in my opinion. Should he prove us all wrong and put the filth to the sword then crack on with the rebuild and let’s see what he can do with a clean slate title challenge.

I expect plenty of aimless long balls punted up the park. Dessers will be anonymous and the defence will act like a sieve with an extra large hole in the middle.

Hope I'm wrong obviously.

Maybe so. However his jacket isn't on a shakey nail if he loses the cup.
I think half of our support would disagree with you should the worst happen on Saturday and it’s not a defeat that happens when he freshens up his approach and changes tactics and personnel.

Should it be one of those awful games that we get the team sheet at 2pm and he plays the same tossers who have checked out then he’s no one to blame but himself.

A defeat will only ever be accepted if we try something new and battle right to the end and miss out on pens or a dodgy goal.

I expect plenty of aimless long balls punted up the park. Dessers will be anonymous and the defence will act like a sieve with an extra large hole in the middle.

Hope I'm wrong obviously.
That’s my fear. I’ve never wanted to be proven wrong more than any other time in my life.

Absolutely hate feeling this way but can’t help feeling the gaffer is going to spring no surprises on Sat.

Messers lundstrum and Lawrence (if fit) will likely find their way into the line up and we will once again concede early to a stupid preventable goal. Most likely a tap in for Kyogo.

Gaffer will be on thin ice but his defenders will all say that it’s not his players.

I really hope he has a surprise up his sleeve, in terms of gameplan and approach to hit them hard and early.

Something needs to change, we can’t possibly hope to go into this game with the same setup that has seen us take 1 point out of a possible 9 under clement against THEM.
We’ve no got a settled defence , I can’t see us win . That shower of fuds are in good form - we are not . I do fear the worst

We’ve no got a settled defence , I can’t see us win . That shower of fuds are in good form - we are not . I do fear the worst
That’s the worst part about this, as we completely fold at the business end of season those scumbags put a run of form together. They were awful just a matter of weeks ago, let’s hope they have an off day and we surprise the world with a much needed win.

We have the better team - and it looks like they've given us a chance with no Robertson,,Collum or Clancy around!!!!

Whether or not we'll go gung-ho and let the Dross catch us out, as we so often did against Hearts, we'll have to wait and see!!!

We stopped the Mickey Mouse Ten by concentrating on not LOSING goals!

That attitude was lost somewhere!!!

Let's face it, we have no idea which team will turn up for us on Saturday. We won't know if they'll follow instructions (presumably Clement is giving them instructions) and whether or not they'll start playing from the off or wait until they're a goal or two down.

You'd hope the players who get picked will want to prove a point and those leaving, finish on a high.

I'm not sure what people expect Clement to be able to do with the players he has and more importantly, the attitude of those players. To say his options are limited is an understatement.

A team that has let us down more times than not, a defence that appears to have gone AWOL since the last International break, a striker who needs five touches before shooting, an injury list longer than a gorillas arm, the list of reasons why I expect defeat sadly can go on and on and on.

Hopefully the end of an era for the majority of this squad so let’s hope they bow out on a high.

A lot will depend on who is at CB for us. If we get Souttar & Balogun back then at least we have a chance.

Our issues have come from injuries taking their toll at a cruicial time and them getting their injured players back at the same time. IF we're still trying to put square pegs in round holes on Saturday, then we'll be up against it for sure.

One thing I know I won’t be doing is looking at the match thread before the game.as it sucks all enthusiasm you may have out of you as people fall over themselves to see who can rage the most about the team that is picked.
I probably will look just out of morbid curiosity if nothing else!

Head says we're up against it no matter what the starting 11 is but heart says it's a cup final and we have seen mad things happen in pretty much every OF this season so Saturday could be more of the same, and maybe just maybe some of the madness might actually fall in our favour for a change this weekend.

The thing that annoys me is that their defence is as ropey as ours, but we rarely trouble it.

Diddies like Scales and Johnston strutting around is humiliating.

If Clement doesn’t know from our last meetings with the pigs how to play against them I’d be seriously worried Number one cut out the free gifts if that means dropping certain players so be it.I feel it’s the biggest game for us in I don’t know how many years we have got to start on the front foot more aggressive and quick paced safe possession in midfield is key if we pass slow and deliberate we’re beat don’t let them settle on or off the ball get in their faces and for fucksake test their back four and goalkeeper we can beat these scummy bastards and send us off on our holidays with a smile on our faces.

I wouldn't say it's a narrative.

One of the worst 'footballers' they have had has roasted him, scored versus tav or directly created from encounters with him on many occasions.

He has struggled badly against him. Let's be honest.

We'll probably need to score 3 to win.

We'll probably need to score 5 for the refs to allow 3 of them.

Dessers hat-trick would be timely

I think half of our support would disagree with you should the worst happen on Saturday and it’s not a defeat that happens when he freshens up his approach and changes tactics and personnel.

Should it be one of those awful games that we get the team sheet at 2pm and he plays the same tossers who have checked out then he’s no one to blame but himself.

A defeat will only ever be accepted if we try something new and battle right to the end and miss out on pens or a dodgy goal.
He really only has tossers to choose from.
He and we can only hope the players have some professionalism and pride to give it their all and leave with a bit of credit.
If players Don't turn up there is nothing that can be done,Clement hasn't got many choices,thats why 75% of this team are off and he will be desperate to get his own players in.

It is not "the beginning of the end" but we have to set up to do something less predictable so that we don't end up in Pedro territory of banging our heads off the same wall.

You think a Rangers manager will settle for a defeat..just wow m8
Yeah 100% a Rangers manager playing Beatles team, he"ll look at it differently and will put himself first. . A narrow loss gives him next season, an ugly 4 or 5 type loss and it's probably the beginning of the end, before he's even started.

People saying losing won't be the beginning of the end are wrong. All PC would need is to lose the first game against them next season and this place would be clamouring to sack him.

Personally I think PC needs a miracle to sort this in one window and needs time. I'm willing to give him it but many won't.

I wouldn't say it's a narrative.

One of the worst 'footballers' they have had has roasted him, scored versus tav or directly created from encounters with him on many occasions.

He has struggled badly against him. Let's be honest.
Someone else replied to me on this thread stating Tav has done well in the past against him.
He is fast and energetic, all defenders struggle against that, but I wouldn't agree that he's struggled badly against him.

It’s one hell of a shop window for those out of contract/ want away fantasists to ply their trade and up their value.

Even Silva could see it as a chance to bag a bit more.

Have they got it in them to rally round and turn over this over confident arrogant shower of shite?

We'd need an extraordinary defensive display and a clinical finish to win .As we are incapable of either, I can't see us landing a glove on them .Depressed.

Tavernier has been good against him one on one in the past. He must be an absolute nightmare to play against though, and nobody knows how Sterling would fare over 90 minutes.
I think Sterling would be a lot more robust when getting tight and challenging him stopping him running into space. And he's pretty quick so Maeda not running away with any races against him like he does with Tav now. I'd like to think Sterling would make more of an impression early doors in the tackle with him. Tav is too nice in that respect now especially as I'm sure he's aware of his own speed deficiencies now. His natural instinct is to stand off his man. I don't think Sterling would do that for a minute if up against Maeda one on one.

Someone else replied to me on this thread stating Tav has done well in the past against him.
He is fast and energetic, all defenders struggle against that, but I wouldn't agree that he's struggled badly against him.
2-2 game last new year (2023) tbf Tav did well against him that day and Sakala caused them all sorts of problems. Also in May last year when we beat them 3-0 Tav handled him (Maeda) when he came on off the bench.

Apart from those games he has found it tough against him. It really affects his game as we have seen with recent heat maps showing Tav in normal games vs against the filth.

I think Sterling would be a lot more robust when getting tight and challenging him stopping him running into space. And he's pretty quick so Maeda not running away with any races against him like he does with Tav now. I'd like to think Sterling would make more of an impression early doors in the tackle with him. Tav is too nice in that respect now especially as I'm sure he's aware of his own speed deficiencies now. His natural instinct is to stand off his man. I don't think Sterling would do that for a minute if up against Maeda one on one.
Sterling would do a job at right back but his engine and work rate is much more needed in the centre mid battle for me. He’s the key to stopping them. He shouldn’t be wasted on the wing.

Sterling's last manager said he's the best one on one tackler he's ever coached. Sterling would deal with him and wouldn't be scared either.

The way to stop Maeda tormenting Tav is to drop him or play him elsewhere and have sterling in at right back. He can't compete against him, he's shown that time and time and time again. About time the manager done the necessary.

The problem is Maeda is one of the quickest players about so you either ask Tav to simply sit back and defend (like he did against Hearts in the cup semi where he defended very well) or you ask him to get forward as well which leaves us extremely exposed due to Maeda's pace...

Sterling's last manager said he's the best one on one tackler he's ever coached. Sterling would deal with him and wouldn't be scared either.

Charlie Mulgrew played with him for a bit as well and said he was brilliant defensively / one-on-one.

Give ourselves a fighting chance, 3 in the middle of the park, And press from the front none of this covering for full back crap, But the likes of Taylor and scales on the back foot instead of sitting inviting pressure just waiting for the wee Japanese to pull tavs pants down

Sterling would do a job at right back but his engine and work rate is much more needed in the centre mid battle for me. He’s the key to stopping them. He shouldn’t be wasted on the wing.
Interests me that people think Sterling is so pivotal in the middle. Our full back areas are weak. Tavs issues there have been done to death recently and Ridvan hasn't exactly impressed since coming back from injury. They'll just bombard both wings if they don't have as much joy in midfield with the presence of Sterling in there? I just think they have more ways to beat us and if we beef up the middle of the park they have the players to stretch play and isolate the full backs, and taking our midfield out of the game whether we have 2 or 3 in there or not.

Literally exasperates me the way some of our fans think we have to "stop" McGregor.

He didn't need stopped when Gerrard was here. In fact, he looked like a flat track bully who'd been exposed. Just like he does in Europe.

Nothing highlights our regression over the last 3 years more than McGregor going from a pathetic, beaten figure when we won the league to a charged up Scrappy Doo gleefully accepting mishit passes from our players before laughing in their faces.

I reckon we will likely see

Butland
Tav Balogun Davies Yilmaz
Lundstram Diomande
McCausland Cantwell Silva
Dessers

I'd be shocked if he changed from this set up as he's used it consistently and even when he should have changed it he hasn't.
Sima will probably start on the bench.

No Sterling?

Back