Thomas Tuchel

LoyalRanger_72

Bayern Munich’s first season without winning a trophy since 2011/12. People are laughing at Harry Kane still winning nothing because of him, those substitutions last night are some of the worst you’ll see at that level and at that stage in quite a while. Usually takes about a year at a club for him to fall out with everyone and throw his toys out the pram. IMO his reputation should be taking a hit after this season but instead he’s actually being talked up for rebuilding Man United when recent history suggests he’s just a quick impact manager. Madness :))

In my opinion anyone who doesn’t think Tuchel is a very good manager and leader of a football club needs their head checked.

One bad season at Munich (which was always coming) doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be linked with the biggest clubs in the world.

He would do a great job at Man Utd. If I was a fan of theirs I would want him over Ten Hag for sure.

He’s been linked with AC Milan as well.

There is a complete lack of top level managers, so as he’s up there he will get plenty of team willing to gamble on him.

Last night was a disaster for him, fine margins though, he got the subs wrong and his goalie fumbled at a crucial time, he was minutes from another CL final which they probably would have won.

He's literally a Champions League winning manager though, he will get a big club no problem.

Anyone who doesn’t think Tuchel is a very good manager and leader of a football club needs their head checked.

One bad season at Munich (which was always coming) doesn’t mean he shouldn’t be linked with the biggest clubs in the world.

He would do a very good job at Man Utd. If I was a fan of theirs I would want him over Ten Hag for sure.
He’s a quick impact manager and that’s why he shouldn’t be anywhere near Old Trafford. They need gutted from top to bottom and it’s going to take a few years to fix.

Man United could do a lot worse than appoint him. I saw Rio whispering in his ear and then giggling away like a wee schoolgirl after it.

Can see him at Man utd in the summer I really don't think they will stick with Ten Hag.
They won’t stick with Ten Hag and they absolutely shouldn’t. He’s been found out big time this season and he’s clearly lost the dressing room. I could also see Tuchel there but IMO he’s not the man they need. He’s a quick impact manager, not a rebuilder of clubs.

Shocking decisions by the linesman and ref last night for the bayern second goal,it was definitely onside, no wonder the players and manager went ballistic, the new rule means you keep the flag down if its close to being onside and WTF was the referee doing blowing his whistle before the ball hit the net.

Had they seen it through would he have been the first manager to take three different clubs to a CL final? I know Pep and Ancellotti have done it with two but can’t think of anyone who has took three?

Shocking decisions by the linesman and ref last night for the bayern second goal,it was definitely onside, no wonder the players and manager went ballistic, the new rule means you keep the flag down if its close to being onside and WTF was the referee doing blowing his whistle before the ball hit the net.
The flag should have stayed down but I'm not sure he was onside. Would have needed to see with the technology. Really strange officiating though. Real always seem to get these decisions. Just one of those things I guess.

Subs killed him. Bringing on the guy that cost you two goals in the first leg was madness imo. Even if it had finished 1-1 and went to ET taking Kane off was madness as it would have lessened their chances of winning significantly

Add to that the one Madrid hit the post with when there was another ball on the pitch and he didn't blow for that either

Had they seen it through would he have been the first manager to take three different clubs to a CL final? I know Pep and Ancellotti have done it with two but can’t think of anyone who has took three?
It’s actually mental to think that Pep as good as he is never actually got Bayern Munich to a Champions League Final. Same with Don Carlo who’s still one of the absolute best in the business btw!

In my opinion anyone who doesn’t think Tuchel is a very good manager and leader of a football club needs their head checked.

He would do a great job at Man Utd. If I was a fan of theirs I would want him over Ten Hag for sure.
He’s a very good manager but the ‘start well and gradually fall out and make enemies with everyone, then leave within 2 years’ cycle has happened too often for it to not be a concern.

He’s a very good manager but the ‘start well and gradually fall out and make enemies with everyone, then leave within 2 years’ cycle has happened too often for it to not be a concern.
And that there is why he should be nowhere near Man United :))

Utd are setting up a structure where the manager fits into the club, not the other way round. Managers come and go, structures remain.

He is a proven winner. Utd could do a lot worse this summer if Ten Haag goes.

United have decent players, but the Dutchman has lost the dressing room at Old Trafford.

Tuchel could do a lot better with the same squad.

Leverkusen under Alonso this season is a freak, one off, and any other season on the points they have, Bayern would still skoosh the league.

Tuchel has proven himself to be a very good manager. reckon he will do well in Manc.

Everything blows up pretty quickly for him, he has a pretty spiky personality and always seems to clash with the board or players.

Its a great shout

Tuchel is a top top coach. If you think otherwise then you are nuts.

Tuchel biggest problem though is, I get the feeling he is very old-school in terms of its his way or the highway and I don't think the modern players(especially) younger ones like that. Which is a shame.

Maybe its what Man Utd need to be fair, someone to come in a shake the tree big time, im not a fan of them but you can see who rules the roost.

Funny thing is but one win takes them above their points total in the league from last seasons title win.

Not sure about doing a great job at Utd part because I can’t see how anyone gets them in a position to be challenging unless he is given four really good windows where you would need pretty much every signing to be a success.

When you look at Utd as a whole their defence is an absolute shambles, their midfield have no legs and their forwards only seem to want to play for themselves imo. I don’t think they have a single player that gets a game for City, Arsenal or Liverpool who they need to find a way to get infront of.

Tuchel is a top top coach. If you think otherwise then you are nuts.

Tuchel biggest problem though is, I get the feeling he is very old-school in terms of its his way or the highway and I don't think the modern players(especially) younger ones like that. Which is a shame.

Maybe its what Man Utd need to be fair, someone to come in a shake the tree big time, im not a fan of them but you can see who rules the roost.
You only have to look at that prick Pogba turning up for training shouting “nobody fucks with this baller” when Jose got the bump to see there is major problems with player power there.

He's still an excellent manager and he was robbed last night.

The subs were bad in hindsight, but his subs weren't the reason they didn't go through. Far too much is being made of them.

Utd look like they need a Klopp-type presence who can come in and just breath life and character right through the whole club.

A bit like Gerrard did at Rangers (not to compare them as managers), but they need a person who just embodies the club and lifts the whole place.

Not sure how many like that are out there but I wouldn’t think Tuchel fits the bill.

Frankly I’m a bit surprised that Ratcliffe would put him up the list, because he doesn’t strike me as the right type of manager for their predicament. He seems to be an impact man but not a longer project-type and can’t shake the feeling that’s what they need.

He's still an excellent manager and he was robbed last night.

The subs were bad in hindsight, but his subs weren't the reason they didn't go through. Far too much is being made of them.
Disagree with that completely. He brought on a guy that was woeful at both goals in the 1st leg who he blamed for both goals openly and went defensive. Even if it finished 1-1 and went to ET not having Kane on the pitch would mean you have significantly reduced your chances of winning.

Real were the better side for the majority of the match and Neuer had made some excellent saves throughout the game before his howler.

Approaching the end of that game with all of gnabry musiala kane and Sane off the pitch was a nightmare scenario for bayern/tuchel. Knew Madrid would win as soon as that equaliser went in. Bayern had nothing to offer up front after that so was inevitable Madrid would go get the winner.

Disagree with that completely. He brought on a guy that was woeful at both goals in the 1st leg who he blamed for both goals openly and went defensive. Even if it finished 1-1 and went to ET not having Kane on the pitch would mean you have significantly reduced your chances of winning.

Real were the better side for the majority of the match and Neuer had made some excellent saves throughout the game before his howler.
But he made the howler that let them back into it. It's one he should've been picking up with ease 10 times out of 10. Kane been on the park was irrelevant to that moment.

Same when the Bayern defence just left Joselu completely unmarked in the middle for a tap in. Kane would've made no difference to that.

Bad subs in hindsight when you end up needing a goal 5 minutes after taking him off, but he'd have more than likely done f--- all after Madrid went in front anyway.

Bayern Munich’s first season without winning a trophy since 2011/12. People are laughing at Harry Kane still winning nothing because of him, those substitutions last night are some of the worst you’ll see at that level and at that stage in quite a while. Usually takes about a year at a club for him to fall out with everyone and throw his toys out the pram. IMO his reputation should be taking a hit after this season but instead he’s actually being talked up for rebuilding Man United when recent history suggests he’s just a quick impact manager. Madness :))
Kane was knackered. It was Nuer that dropped the ball not Tuchal.

Approaching the end of that game with all of gnabry musiala kane and Sane off the pitch was a nightmare scenario for bayern/tuchel. Knew Madrid would win as soon as that equaliser went in. Bayern had nothing to offer up front after that so was inevitable Madrid would go get the winner.
and yet they scored a good goal at the end.

I wonder if the Munich fans just admit they were beaten by a history breaking Leverkusen team and there wasn't much they could do.

Some of last night was definitely on Tuchel, keen to see what German press have said.

Some of last night was definitely on Tuchel, keen to see what German press have said.
Well Bild.de seem to be blaming a combination of the Ref and Neuer. Scarcely a mention of Tuchel or subs. (google translated)

Screenshot-2024-05-09-142435.png

When High Heels wins the league and Scottish Cup runner-up medals I can see newly promoted Arabs Dundee U Down pay a lot of sand to get him?

Felt for Tuchel watching that post-match interview. He kept his composure while making his point but you could see the emotion running through him.

Inexplicable officiating decisions. Neuer’s mistake begins with the throw-out - unnecessary and lost possession in the Bayern half.

It’s not often I’ve felt sorry for Bayern but I do like Kane as well.

Add to that the one Madrid hit the post with when there was another ball on the pitch and he didn't blow for that either
yep, that was the same side , same linesman. The camera followed the ball downthe line, it never went out, Rudiger collected it and went to play a pass in field when the camers suddenly panned to the right as madrid were attacking with another ball.

Linesman has had a nightmare.

Back