Tirana, Albania

Guys,
Could be a long shot but I'm in Tirana from 26th April (Friday to Monday) so will miss the game that weekend.....my fear is it could be when we play C*ltic again but wondering on the rare chance that someone has visited and has any idea on bars that would show the game..... can't see there being a Rangers supporters club or pub

Any ideas would be massively appreciated!!

Thanks

Sure things in here will help in some way and give you someone to ask.

Guys,
Could be a long shot but I'm in Tirana from 26th April (Friday to Monday) so will miss the game that weekend.....my fear is it could be when we play C*ltic again but wondering on the rare chance that someone has visited and has any idea on bars that would show the game..... can't see there being a Rangers supporters club or pub

Thanks
I was out there a few weeks ago with my son. It's a brilliant place. Loads to see and do. Can't help on the bar front but as we were out there we could get the game v Hearts at Ibrox on RTV and ended up watching it on a phone in McDonalds at the main city centre shopping mall. Not quite what you are looking for but it does the job.

Guys,

Thanks

A mate who was there a few month back said there was a bar with plenty of tvs showing Football at the Air Albania Stadium (national ground), also he watched matches in Duff Beer Sports Bar and Kaon Beer Bar

I was out there a few weeks ago with my son. It's a brilliant place. Loads to see and do. Can't help on the bar front but as we were out there we could get the game v Hearts at Ibrox on RTV and ended up watching it on a phone in McDonalds at the main city centre shopping mall. Not quite what you are looking for but it does the job.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RTV is probably your best bet tbh

Or if you have aftermarket capabilities via something that rhymes with shmirestick take it with you and plug into into your hotel rooms tv

The world has changed so much in the last 30/40 odd years. I remember the scum played there in a European Cup game, it was one of the last bastions of communism, not much was allowed in, and not a lot coming out. Coverage of anything in Albania was almost non-existent. Someone managed to film their game on a super 8 camera I think it was. It somehow managed to get a couple of minutes on Sportscene, with Archie saying they managed to get it out via carrier pigeon.
Amazing to think how it is now regarded as a bit of a tourist attraction, and how much people enjoy the place.
Changed days.

Cheers guys, appreciate the messages.
The laptop always comes with me anyway for FM on the plane....and the little thing that goes in teles will also be coming. Staying in a Melia hotel so it's equipped with wifi etc

My main worry was that it potentially could have been against Celtic so would have wanted to be in a boozer watching for a bit of atmosphere...unfortunately Rangers and atmosphere seems to be deteriorating by the minute.

Still hope for a helicopter sunday yet

Speak to big Etrit at the Royal Oak opposite the headscarf factory. He used to run a bus to away games and will sort you out.

Back