To those that keep posting, "We need a clear out" !

Just to add, Clement also punted Thomas Buffel when he was at Genk, despite him playing the majority of games under him the season before and having been there for nearly a decade, so he clearly isn’t afraid to make big calls and get rid of “core” players.

Last edited:
Clear out? As you put it. My concern is the long term injuries. So I’d start with the medical staff. I find this a major issue. Before I get hammered then don’t kid yourselves. Every Scottish club has to visit the plastic pitches.
Playing staff? Then yes. There’s a few that I’d say thanks but see you later.
Obviously the manager needs time but some of his decisions are questionable. Some may say as bad as the used car salesman before him.
We’re conceding goals and drawing with utter dross. I’m getting tired of listening to excuses.
This forum goes from one extreme to another. From love in with players to the exact opposite on the next game.
I believe we’re badly run and have been for many years.
An opinion. That’s all it is. I don’t need insults like some of you get a kick out of on here. It’s not right and hasn’t been for years.

5m each for Tav and Goldson
2m each for Hagi and Davies
3m Dessers
4m Lammers
1m Lawrence
3m Cantwell
3m Matondo
5m Yilmaz
500k Wright
500k Dowell

Roofe, Jack, Lundstram, Barisic and McLaughlin leaving probably near 100k a week off the wage bill.

Reckon these fees are realistic and an ambitious DOF and manager would be able to rebuild the squad with that money plus a bit of extra funding from the board.
Drugs are bad for you. .£5m each for serial losers? Omg.

Which players are you clearing out ? How much do you think we would get for each player & how much would this generate for new players for Big Phil?

There aren't any players who would generate significant transfer revenue. That's no reason to keep them on extortionate contracts. The wage savings would be massive, freeing up resources to spend.

But aye. Lets just keep spunking £25k or more per week on Ben Devies because even though I'm more likely to get regular first team football with Rangers, nobody is giving us what we paid for him.

Butland
Tav
Sterling

That’s about it for me, rest can find new clubs, Gaffer has his work cut out, if we could keep Lawrence fit and surround him with decent players then I would probably keep him as well.

Clement has spoken about building a rapport between the fans and players. That is never going to happen if he persists with the same perennial failures and beige, overpaid Championship alumni.

Guys like Jefte, Sadiki, Cordoba and a couple of other young centre backs were linked in January. I'd be targeting a core of hungry players with a profile like that, hoping they'll embrace the size of the club and cultivate some kind of team spirit. He's also said he wants to lower the average age and that's what Koppen was brought in for.

If they get off to a decent start and play without fear, the support will embrace them and hopefully momentum builds from there. Cortes looked like the part in his brief outings.

Just give the support something different to get behind.

Synergy.

The break up won't take long next season if we continue to shop in the markets we have previously and a number of these players are still here next season.

Think you are being optomistic mateTav and Goldson are 32 and 31 I dont think we have had an offer for either during their time here.
I think that is down to them never pushing for a move also, WBA bid for Tav but it was a derisory £2m iirc
The players may have more appetite in the Summer to move and the club may also have more appetite to push them out, so who knows what will come up

I’ve advocated for a while the unfortunate need to let certain players go for free simply to get them off the wage bill.

As the buying club is not paying a fee, hopefully they can increase their salary offer to make the move more attractive.

In some instances, I’m not sure that even then we’ll be able to shift them.

Tav Goldson and Davies contracted to May 2026 and if rumoured wages are to be believed then that’s nearly £10 million we will be paying them. Getting any offer for them will be nowhere that amount. Can you honestly see them going when we were stupid enough to give them contracts like that? We would take a massive loss on them but would be freeing up a huge amount on wages.

I get this is just general discussion, but it's not our mess to sort out. The board approved giving the likes of Tavernier and Goldson long contracts on huge wages. Hopefully the new DOF can work some magic.
I think Tav only has a year left?
Lots of out of contract and loan players

We can only get rid of players, if clubs are willing to take them!! is anyone seriously going to take Goldson? let go everyone out of contract.......!
It's not easy to sell the likes of the chuckle brothers I agree,but if we can't get rid of them then we have to bench them,playing these types of players because the have been years with us,we know they are woeful defenders so PC needs to bite the bullet and make big choices.

Clear out? As you put it. My concern is the long term injuries. So I’d start with the medical staff. I find this a major issue. Before I get hammered then don’t kid yourselves. Every Scottish club has to visit the plastic pitches.
Playing staff? Then yes. There’s a few that I’d say thanks but see you later.
Obviously the manager needs time but some of his decisions are questionable. Some may say as bad as the used car salesman before him.
We’re conceding goals and drawing with utter dross. I’m getting tired of listening to excuses.
This forum goes from one extreme to another. From love in with players to the exact opposite on the next game.
I believe we’re badly run and have been for many years.
An opinion. That’s all it is. I don’t need insults like some of you get a kick out of on here. It’s not right and hasn’t been for years.
Yip. Unfortunately it's Groundhog Day with this team.

Which players are you clearing out ? How much do you think we would get for each player & how much would this generate for new players for Big Phil?
Tav = modest millions
Goldson = modest millions
Barasic = %^*& all
Lundstram = not a long contract so %^*& all
Scott Wright = %^*& all
Ben Davies = pay someone to take him
Raskin = maybe what we paid for him if we’re lucky.

If we need to sell Butland for a big big fee to finance it fine. It’d break my heart as he absolutely has the potential to be a hall of famer but we need proper surgery in the summer.

As usual it is all "reportedly". Did the Scotsman do a comparison with Celtc? ( I don't know I don't read it just asking in case somebody on here does read it. )

As usual it is all "reportedly". Did the Scotsman do a comparison with Celtc? ( I don't know I don't read it just asking in case somebody on here does read it. )
According to another poster Lawrence gets more cash per wk that stated there!

Honest question. I agree the wages are high for some average players, however how much should we be paying per week to a player who can win us the SPL, and lets be honest, get knocked out of champions league at first hurdle

Tav, Goldson, Lundstram, despite what they bring at different stages of the season, are a malaise on the team whenever the winning post is in sight

There aren't any players who would generate significant transfer revenue. That's no reason to keep them on extortionate contracts. The wage savings would be massive, freeing up resources to spend.

But aye. Lets just keep spunking £25k or more per week on Ben Devies because even though I'm more likely to get regular first team football with Rangers, nobody is giving us what we paid for him.
It’s something that we’ve been terrible at for years compared to that lot. These are meant to be businessmen but letting players contracts run down always seems to be an issue with us.

The overwhelming majority of the players folk are complaining about have little to no resale value. Tavernier will be 33 in October, Goldson 32 this year. Both are on big money in Scottish terms, with Goldson on £37k a week until May 2026. No chance he'll walk away from that wage. Barisic off on a free, so will Jack be. Re-couping half of Lammers' fee looks ambitious, and it will be difficult to get any decent money, or money at all for the likes of Matondo, Wright and Davies. Lundstram is a donkey yet Clement is trying to keep him despite his contract running out. Balogun, Roofe and McLaughlin will be off, and looking likely that both Silva and Sima will return to parent clubs also. Looking likely Butland will also be off, with at least a decent fee likely for him. Also doesn't look like he fancies Raskin. Clement has a bigger rebuilding job to do than the one Postecoglou had when he came in.

The overwhelming majority of the players folk are complaining about have little to no resale value. Tavernier will be 33 in October, Goldson 32 this year. Bith are on big money in Scottish terms, with Goldson in £37k a week until May 2026. No chamce he'll walk away from that wage. Barisic off on a free, so will Jack be. Re-couping half of Lammers' fee looks ambitious, and it will be difficult to get any decent money, or money at all for the likes of Matindo, Wright and Davies. Lundstram is a donkey yet Clement is trying to keep him despite his contract running out. Balogun, Roofe amd McLaughlin will be off, and looking likely that both Silva and Sima will return to parent clubs also. Looking likely Butland will also be off, with at least a decent fee likely for him. Also doesn't look like he fancies Raskin. Clement has a bigger rebuilding job to do than the one Postecoglou had when he came in.
I would keep McAusland, Yilmaz, Souttar, Dio, Butland and Cortes.

We may need to accept very low offers for players. Say 250k for Ben Davies but this low fee would hopefully allow a club to give them a better signing on fee to counter balance the crazy wages they get at us, probably about 10k more a week than anyone else would offer them. For younger players like Matondo you would accept a low fee with a sell on clause.

A sad, sad state of affairs but just washing our hands of these players and getting them off the wage bill would free up money that we could use to invest in the squad.
Souttar is dogshit. Hearts is more his level, not to mention his ludicrous injury history.

The overwhelming majority of the players folk are complaining about have little to no resale value. Tavernier will be 33 in October, Goldson 32 this year. Bith are on big money in Scottish terms, with Goldson in £37k a week until May 2026. No chamce he'll walk away from that wage. Barisic off on a free, so will Jack be. Re-couping half of Lammers' fee looks ambitious, and it will be difficult to get any decent money, or money at all for the likes of Matindo, Wright and Davies. Lundstram is a donkey yet Clement is trying to keep him despite his contract running out. Balogun, Roofe amd McLaughlin will be off, and looking likely that both Silva and Sima will return to parent clubs also. Looking likely Butland will also be off, with at least a decent fee likely for him. Also doesn't look like he fancies Raskin. Clement has a bigger rebuilding job to do than the one Postecoglou had when he came in.

Souttar is dogshit. Hearts is more his level, not to mention his ludicrous injury history.
I'd rather have two Souttar's, than him and Goldson...

5m each for Tav and Goldson
2m each for Hagi and Davies
3m Dessers
4m Lammers
1m Lawrence
3m Cantwell
3m Matondo
5m Yilmaz
500k Wright
500k Dowell

Roofe, Jack, Lundstram, Barisic and McLaughlin leaving probably near 100k a week off the wage bill.

Reckon these fees are realistic and an ambitious DOF and manager would be able to rebuild the squad with that money plus a bit of extra funding from the board.
stop reading at £4m for lammers lol

and £5m for goldson is pie in the sky stuff

Thats why Im asking the question! People keep saying " we need a clear out" without saying who would take the players they want cleared out.
This entire squad should be available for sale. Not really any I would keep. Sterling? Butland? That's really it. The rest can gtf with minimum fuss from me. Sima maybe, but with no guaranteed CL , he's away. No one else is bulletproof imo. Crazy state of affairs to have so much muck at one time to try and move on.

I would keep McAusland, Yilmaz, Souttar, Dio, Butland and Cortes.

We may need to accept very low offers for players. Say 250k for Ben Davies but this low fee would hopefully allow a club to give them a better signing on fee to counter balance the crazy wages they get at us, probably about 10k more a week than anyone else would offer them. For younger players like Matondo you would accept a low fee with a sell on clause.

A sad, sad state of affairs but just washing our hands of these players and getting them off the wage bill would free up money that we could use to invest in the squad.
I can’t see it with McAusland. I know some do but I don’t. It really does anger me how the board let contracts run down.
If the Arabs want to make an offer on Tav that’s crazy money then ffs go.
Gerrard should never have been allowed to get what he wanted as in not selling players. I said back then that decision would cost us in the future.
See I’m extreme. I don’t even want a woman’s team that ticks the nowaday boxes. Every last penny should be going into Rangers. An opinion that I will stick by. That lot at the crime scene know how to buy and sell. We’ve been terrible at that for too long now.

Just to add, Clement also punted Thomas Buffel when he was at Genk, despite him playing the majority of games under him the season before and having been there for nearly a decade, so he clearly isn’t afraid to make big calls and get rid of “core” players.
We'll see.

We see threads merged all over the forum yet multiple threads on this and many other monotonous subjects are allowed over and over again. I eagerly await the next Tav/Goldson is shite and the Subway loyal threads.

For me I want rid of those players who offer no fight against them, shit themselves if their players face up to us. Don’t start me on the so called leadership group, they are followers.
I was brought up on players who took no shit, players who were there for each other and never gave up. Being polite, we’re soft, being honest, we’re shitebags.
My rant is because of my disappointment, I really felt by this point we’d be two ahead and the cup was the key to the treble.

Nobody wanted Goldson when he was free, who the fck is gonna pay for him?
Ideally someone comes in with something for Goldson, but in many ways it’s irrelevant - we just need to buy two new centre halves (with Balogun leaving and Davies likely to move on) and they should be our new first choice pairing.

Of course, Goldson continuing to pick up £30k+ is going to be a hindrance to our recruiting the best possible players for those roles, but we simply can’t start another season with him as a guaranteed starter.

Back