Todd cantwell tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s going to rise on another shoestring budget is it?

I hope to %^*& PC can unearth a good few diamonds in the rough and be backed in doing so, otherwise we’ll be another manager down and another season of significant funds behind the filth!

Depressing!
We have more to spend this summer than many people think

I would happily keep him. Whatever is going on between him & the manager I would hope could be sorted somehow.

Some people are clearly too heavily influenced by Scottish media & likes of Sutton, using his 'Tik Tok Todd' excuse for patter. The guy barely posts on it for a start.

He's been really unlucky with injuries this season, not helped by thugs being passed off as footballers getting to boot him off the park without any punishment from the referees.

Haha, cos I don't think he's good enough I'm not a so called "bear"?

How about me calling out so called bears who are happy with that standard every week?

He's a decent player with ability, but he's not consistent and not someone we can rely on to deliver.

Cut our losses, take what we can get and look for someone better.

I think many older bears on here will remember Davie Cooper having some terrible games as well, especially in the early 80's team. He was anything but consistent.

Once Souness arrived and better players came in Cooper flourished. An on form Cantwell can change games, sometimes we shouldn't cut our nose off to spite our face.

Our only midfielder that runs into space for the ball. Rest just stand there and hold their hands out looking for the ball, by which time, the ball gets nicked off them or two players are on them and they just pass it back to them.

Could he be better? Absolutely, but we were badly missing movement like that on Saturday

I have done a full 180 degrees on Cantwell.

At one point this season i would have had him as captain, now he can go if the price is right.

He doesn't turn it on enough and all his ''caged bird'' pish, way too much of that for a player who doesn't put 9/10 performances week in week out.

He also doesn't have the discipline to work under a coach like PC, or i suspect, many others.

People seem to forget his awful performance against them at New Year but want to focus on the dead rubber at the end of last season.

5 minutes into the New Year match he is doing stepovers and flicks whilst letting McGregor have the freedom of the park.

There's no doubt on his day he has quality but those days are few and far between and we have enough inconsistent players as it is.

Sell.

Because he is wildly inconsistent that's why
Hate to break it to you buddy, but every player we have will be inconsistent. They aren’t playing in Scotland if they’re consistently on their A game.

The point is to combat this with having a squad. You can use 16 players a game. Relying on one player to be consistent every week is unrealistic, and there are tools there to overcome it.

Im totally fine with Cantwell producing every other week; so long as Lawrence is then producing the alternating weeks. This isn’t the case though, and we don’t seem to have managed a rhythm.

Can't wait to see the back of him to be honest....

All that's wrong with this rangers team.

• turns up 1 in 4/5 games
• hardly ever turns up in big games/moments
• turns up when the pressure is off (see Celtic dead rubber game)
• thinks he is better than he is

We need winners, and a mentality to go with it. This guy is not the answer.

Is it though?
I don’t see the important things an attacking player should bring to our team. He flatters to deceive consistently-he’s a fan favourite and not one of the so-called leadership team so he gets an easier ride.
He’s probably the most criticised player in Scottish football

I have done a full 180 degrees on Cantwell.

At one point this season i would have had him as captain, now he can go if the price is right.

He doesn't turn it on enough and all his ''caged bird'' pish, way too much of that for a player who doesn't put 9/10 performances week in week out.

He also doesn't have the discipline to work under a coach like PC, or i suspect, many others.
Fly South young man, Be Free, and leave your large salary behind that we may spend it on a player who gets the job done.

Simply doesn’t affect the game enough for me. Was supposed to be the guy that could unlock packed defences but I see very little of that from him.

I constantly read on here how he's our best player, can change a game etc etc but actual reality bears no resemblance to this.

The only meaningful game where he's stepped up this year was the SCF semi.

I also think the manager can't be arsed with his nonsense so he's probably off. If he does he'll go with my best wishes but i certainly wont be particularly worried about him leaving a gap in the team.

giphy.gif

FF at its best, because he had a tear in his eye he’s away? Now I know he’s not one of the manager’s favourites, but for him to go, you need a buying club he will go to, and one who’s prepared to pay our asking fee. I think he would be worth keeping if he has better players around him.

He’s a fan favourite for the same reason -his image irritates some others love it.

I think Dessers might pip him in overall terms.

You can be extroverted and do all the social media stuff if you deliver on the park and sadly Cantwell is short on that front.

When people talk about fees I’m intrigued-will he got back to England?
I don’t know but foresee an undisclosed fee

I constantly read on here how he's our best player, can change a game etc etc but actual reality bears no resemblance to this.

The only meaningful game where he's stepped up this year was the SCF semi.

I also think the manager can't be arsed with his nonsense so he's probably off. If he does he'll go with my best wishes but i certainly wont be particularly worried about him leaving a gap in the team.
he has no consistency, we need more than a good game here and there, I think PC and Koppen can find better to do Cantwell's role

Significant drop in OpEx from OOC exits and the anticipated sale of Butland will bring in double digit millions £s.
I hope you are correct mate, because by god this team needs it. Should have happened last season but Beale made a royal James Hunt of things.

The board also need to share the blame for not having a DoF in place to oversee it. They have however, learned from their mistakes by sacking Beale, bringing in a proven manager and hiring a new DoF.

I don't see why anyone would be thinking of a large offer. His manager has dropped him for some of the biggest matches this season. Phil must be ruthless in this rebuild and that includes todders.
My point was more around, we don’t have a bottomless pit of money, we can’t buy a new squad. Best to keep some players unless we expect to receive an offer that meets our valuation.

I think many older bears on here will remember Davie Cooper having some terrible games as well, especially in the early 80's team. He was anything but consistent.

Once Souness arrived and better players came in Cooper flourished. An on form Cantwell can change games, sometimes we shouldn't cut our nose off to spite our face.
I was going to post the exact same thing about Cooper. Tommy McLean was another one that got heckled a lot too.
Get rid of Dowell & Lawrence by all means but Cantwell no.

Lived through the Cooper era-he let his fitness go that was a major factor with Greig at the time. They clearly never got on.

When Souness arrived he woke up and smelled the bluebells and got on with it.

In his era Cooper had the attributes to play really top level football.
Cantwell doesn’t.

It’s not a good comparison

I was going to post the exact same thing about Cooper. Tommy McLean was another one that got heckled a lot too.
Get rid of Dowell & Lawrence by all means but Cantwell no.
The support liked die hard players back in the day hence why small wingers got it tight.

McLean and Cooper on their day were top quality players and regular match winners with their assists.
The game has changed massively but Cantwell can’t even impact consistently against lower level teams.
Tommy McLean was a key player in a Kilmarnock team that won the top division.

Cantwell is more aligned with our 80’s period when we had high hopes on players taking us up a level but never really achieved it -take your pick from the likes of Redford and Ferguson etc etc

The support are desperate for a hero

If we’re getting rid of guys like Cantwell, Butland and Tavernier - you’re genuinely looking at bringing in 20+ players. Let’s be honest, who’s left? Souttar, Ridvan, Sterling, Diomande, Raskin, Cortes and Danilo? A squad of 7?

Living in the real world, we need to keep guys like Cantwell because we will probably bring in 8-10 players max (possibly including the loan guys already) - so if you’re getting rid of Cantwell, you’re keeping Lawrence and/or Dowell - and hes clearly the best of the 3.

If we’re getting rid of guys like Cantwell, Butland and Tavernier - you’re genuinely looking at bringing in 20+ players. Let’s be honest, who’s left? Souttar, Ridvan, Sterling, Diomande, Raskin, Cortes and Danilo? A squad of 7?

Living in the real world, we need to keep guys like Cantwell because we will probably bring in 8-10 players max (possibly including the loan guys already) - so if you’re getting rid of Cantwell, you’re keeping Lawrence and/or Dowell - and hes clearly the best of the 3.
I absolutely 100% agree with your core point however at this stage in proceedings-the player doesn’t look happy and the manager is omitting him from big games.

Not every player linked to leave will but Cantwell looks likely at this stage

Last edited:
Can’t get a sniff of a jersey when it matters – but giving it big licks after beating Dundee on a Tuesday night.

Like doing a lap of hnour after a draw and then claiming to be 'moral victors'

When did Rangers become so small??

a just cba seeing him roll about the ground every game then get up 2 minutes later then added to
His social media pish + his inconsistency and poor stats a would get rid there was a reason he was surplus at Norwich

Personally would give him another season,what big Phill thinks could be a different matter

From what I've seen of Cantwell, Diomande and Raskin if they are our midfield next season we will not be winning the league

"Todd Cantwell Tonight"

That sounds like one of those American political propaganda shows, dressed up in a veil that's supposed to make us think it's comedy, but everyone can see right through the thing.

"White privilege. Eh? All descended from slave owners! Who else just got their 38th vaccine? Yaaaayyy! Isn't anyone without all their vaccines worse than the Dirlewanger Brigade combined? And isn't Donald Trump a c*nt? Vote Biden! Vote Biden! Vote Biden! Vote Biden!"

And so on. That sort of thing. B-D

From what I've seen of Cantwell, Diomande and Raskin if they are our midfield next season we will not be winning the league
Diomande will definitely be here. I wouldn't be against Cantwell & Raskin staying but even if they do there's no doubt we need at least another 2 additions to midfield with good technical quality.

Add that to a new back 4, 2 wingers, a striker and probably a goalkeeper, and we'll be nearly there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back