Todd cantwell tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diomande will definitely be here. I wouldn't be against Cantwell & Raskin staying but even if they do there's no doubt we need at least another 2 additions to midfield with good technical quality.

Add that to a new back 4, 2 wingers, a striker and probably a goalkeeper, and we'll be nearly there...

What has Diamande shows yo suggest he's worth £4.5 million or can dominate a game against the scum? I'm not seeing it. I hope I'm proved wrong but just now I have my doubts

What has Diamande shows yo suggest he's worth £4.5 million or can dominate a game against the scum? I'm not seeing it. I hope I'm proved wrong but just now I have my doubts
He will definitely be here because we have an obligation to buy, I think that's what he meant

His celebration, then walking round the stadium at full time looked like he was fighting back the tears, on sky just now with red looking eyes. Am I reading into this or could it be a goodbye to Ibrox?

I'm not having the badge kissing.

He couldn't be arsed turning up to the open training session on time so was dropped for our 1st game vs Kilmarnock.

He is supposed to be a game changer but is actually just a bit of a cock.

He has talent but there is something missing upstairs.

Had a good game tonight but I think the time is probably right for him to go while we can still get a fee for him rather than the usual leaving for free under a cloud and all goodwill from the fans gone.

We need players who can have games like that consistently, he just doesn't do it regularly enough.
He’s one of the last ones I’d be looking to get rid of.

Diomande will definitely be here. I wouldn't be against Cantwell & Raskin staying but even if they do there's no doubt we need at least another 2 additions to midfield with good technical quality.

Add that to a new back 4, 2 wingers, a striker and probably a goalkeeper, and we'll be nearly there...
You're not accounting for the fact that the stinkies will get about 99 billion notes for setting a new record for the worst CL goal difference, at minus two hundred and seventy six.

While we'll most likely be sitting with half a dozen glass cheques, about 20yrs after they stopped being worth anything, for playing Bongo Gdaza on a Thursday bastard night.

Right. What record will I put on? This Night Has Opened My Eyes, by the Smiths? Wise choice, sir. Get down and groove. I've had the light cords upstairs strengthened, should anyone feel the need to escape Rangers being run like a sodding clown show.

I'm not having the badge kissing.

He couldn't be arsed turning up to the open training session on time so was dropped for our 1st game vs Kilmarnock.

He is supposed to be a game changer but is actually just a bit of a cock.

He has talent but there is something missing upstairs.
How do you know he couldn’t be arsed? Could have been running late for any number of reasons.

I don't know if Cantwell is capable of doing it when it really matters, and neither does anyone else because he's been surrounded by glaring deficiencies in a squad that has more alarming holes than a red light district.

All I do know is that he might be the grandson of Wurzel Gummidge.

He's certainly not the man I'd be pointing the cannons at.

I'm more of the opinion that at Christmas time, had our scouting and recruitment been adequate and/or that shower up the stairs had maybe pushed the boat out just that little bit further, we'd have won that league before we even had to go to the piggery.

I don't know if Cantwell is capable of doing it when it really matters, and neither does anyone else because he's been surrounded by glaring deficiencies in a squad that has more alarming holes than a red light district.

All I do know is that he might be the grandson of Wurzel Gummidge.

He's certainly not the man I'd be pointing the cannons at.

I'm more of the opinion that at Christmas time, had our scouting and recruitment been adequate and/or that shower up the stairs had maybe pushed the boat out just that little bit further, we'd have won that league before we even had to go to the piggery.
I still think the big players would have bottled it when they got under pressure regardless. But even one more new player in January would have helped. As would not losing so many players at key times and having to finish at CP with our 4th and 5th centre backs. All ifs and buts now

I still think the big players would have bottled it when they got under pressure regardless. But even one more new player in January would have helped. As would not losing so many players at key times and having to finish at CP with our 4th and 5th centre backs. All ifs and buts now
Back four was the biggest issue.

R/B
Tav only adequate provided that the centre of defence is solid enough, and it bloody well wasn't, therefore he was rendered a bombscare, devoid of the cover and the confidence to defend just about adequately, as he did in the title-winning season

L/B
A skilled little guy, who we may have got away with had he played regularly, although I have my doubts due to his lack of height. Never know, however, as he was on Turkish Disability Payment... and the other guy working his ticket, so as to be fit enough to gain a new deal elsewhere

C/B
Balogun the only one good enough, but only able to make a number of appearances that tells you he's only cover, at best. And the three stooges, especially Goldson, who I won't go into in any greater detail as it'd have anyone else banned and therefore I should probably set a good example by not calling him a...

I want an entirely new team. A pity we've committed so much money to Dio, and Cntwell just isn't consistent enough.

I realise this is not realistic though so you've got to think who you want here next season?

Todd is massively inconsistent, which is obviously frustrating. If he played to his ability, with the right attitude, every week he’d be playing at a higher level than us.

However, he too is let down by the failures within our squad. I don’t think we’ll ever be able to build a team around him, but he still has important parts to play in our future.

I still don’t get why he has only played 21mins of the last 180 against Celtic. Deserves to have seen more game time than that.

Todd is massively inconsistent, which is obviously frustrating. If he played to his ability, with the right attitude, every week he’d be playing at a higher level than us.

However, he too is let down by the failures within our squad. I don’t think we’ll ever be able to build a team around him, but he still has important parts to play in our future.

I still don’t get why he has only played 21mins of the last 180 against Celtic. Deserves to have seen more game time than that.
It will be down to his performance in the new year game, it was an embarrassment, he was cheered off the field by them.
Clement doesn't rate him, he'll be gone in the summer imo.

He’s one of the last ones I’d be looking to get rid of.

That lot have a player who plays his equivelant position who has scored 18 and assisted 18 this season.

Cantwell has scored 7 and assisted 7 and that's him improving on the season before.

We need creative players in the midfield contributing way more than that if we want to be winning the league, he wouldn't be top of my list to get rid of but if an offer comes in for him, I feel we could easily replace the numbers he contributes.

We've played them 4 times this season.

Scored 13 goals and conceded 3. One draw during our worst-performing period of the season doesn't make Dundee a good team.
Never said it does. I'm saying they took points off us recently.

That lot have a player who plays his equivelant position who has scored 18 and assisted 18 this season.

Cantwell has scored 7 and assisted 7 and that's him improving on the season before.

We need creative players in the midfield contributing way more than that if we want to be winning the league, he wouldn't be top of my list to get rid of but if an offer comes in for him, I feel we could easily replace the numbers he contributes.
This all day long

For me Cantwell is summarised by the last week , didn't get on the pitch on an old form then plays against Dundee , scores a fluke goal and celebrates as if it's the winner in an old firm

He's a Michael Beale type player - needs to go

Back four was the biggest issue.

R/B
Tav only adequate provided that the centre of defence is solid enough, and it bloody well wasn't, therefore he was rendered a bombscare, devoid of the cover and the confidence to defend just about adequately, as he did in the title-winning season

L/B
A skilled little guy, who we may have got away with had he played regularly, although I have my doubts due to his lack of height. Never know, however, as he was on Turkish Disability Payment... and the other guy working his ticket, so as to be fit enough to gain a new deal elsewhere

C/B
Balogun the only one good enough, but only able to make a number of appearances that tells you he's only cover, at best. And the three stooges, especially Goldson, who I won't go into in any greater detail as it'd have anyone else banned and therefore I should probably set a good example by not calling him a...

Baloguns done as well
fitness issues & his last games - at St Mirren he was bullied by a jobber costing a goal along with other mistakes then vs Kilmarnock he was getting ragdolled by Vassel all half - Davies handled him far better in the 2nd half

Baloguns done as well
fitness issues & his last games - at St Mirren he was bullied by a jobber costing a goal along with other mistakes then vs Kilmarnock he was getting ragdolled by Vassel all half - Davies handled him far better in the 2nd half
He's definitely ready for retirement.

It's a shame when injuries catch up with good players and take a couple of years off them.

Tragic example was my Rangers hero - Bomber - in the squad for the NIAR season, but injury stopped him appearing in every season.

Had I been Walter, I'd have had him wheeled on in the last game. He was that important. He was the personification of all I want a Ranger to be as far as attitude and values are concerned.

Then again, it's even more tragic when it's Alan McLaren in his 20s, because that man was the successor to Richard Gougn had that injury not robbed him of his career and us of the man who'd be remembered as a legend. He was that good.

Might well have been his last game at Ibrox, for Rangers; the manager obviously doesn't rate him, otherwise he wouldn't have left him out of the starting 11 for the two biggest games of the season. I for one will be sad to see him go, if he does leave in the summer.
Effin shocking decision to play Lawrence at the sty over Cantwell , a decision that cost us the game before it even started

Effin shocking decision to play Lawrence at the sty over Cantwell , a decision that cost us the game before it even started
Surely that’s a bit of an overreaction?

It wouldn’t have mattered if it was Cantwell or Lawerence starting, it wouldn’t have stopped Lundstram having an absolute shocker of a game, one of the worst individual performances we have had against them in many a year.

I don’t see how anyone could find fault with Cantwell tonight.

Kicked from pillar to post in a country where the media and referees (and a disturbing amount of his team’s own “supporters”) are permanently hostile.

But he kept going and was man of the match.

Personally if the money was right I wouldnt be against selling.

But some of you guys will just move onto your next target then of course. It’s what you do.
When you have a potential match winner like Cantwell possibly the only type of player like that we have ,he plays every week for me,but then I have a mind of my own and don't just copy what I read which lets be honest is mostly written by scum who Def want him gone,ask yourself why

I think people are getting hung up on the amount we paid for him wanting an immediate impact.

Yes he should be contributing to the squad and I have faith he will, but it's also a fee that I see only going up rather than down, compared to say a Dessers who's fee will only decline because of his age/profile.

If we do our finances properly then a player like Diamonde won't just be 4.5 mil out of the overall budget.

I'm torn on this one! He was excellent in the semi against Hearts, rotten the next two games! There's something there, terribly inconsistent!

Not sure Clement is a massive fan! Realistically how much would he go for?

but then I have a mind of my own and don't just copy what I read which lets be honest is mostly written by scum who Def want him gone,ask yourself why
Considering he’s done very little against them I doubt it’s out of fear.

He has great ability but he doesn’t show it nearly enough at the moment. Season and an half out of him and we’ve got 13 goals, 12 assists.

I’d love him to step up if he stays but he needs to start showing it consistently and in big games.

When you have a potential match winner like Cantwell possibly the only type of player like that we have ,he plays every week for me,but then I have a mind of my own and don't just copy what I read which lets be honest is mostly written by scum who Def want him gone,ask yourself why
Why would they want him gone when he's done nothing against them in any meaningful game?

Ask yourself this, could we get better?

He’s a flair player and other teams know this so he gets it rough.

Think we will see a better Cantwell next season with better players around him.

He’s been up and down but so has the team.

I think Todd is a decent player - not much more. He's got a bit of a swagger on the ball which I think might make him pretty marketable and see us get a decent fee for him.

That said, there are issues. Firstly - his attitude. He was bombed out at Norwich seemingly for matters not related to his ability. And now up here it appears he's OK with challenging the gaffer's authority by having wee cryptic social media messages like 'Birds in a cage...." and generally going public with perceived slights. If his reaction to being dropped is to fall out with his boss I'm starting to see why Norwich wanted rid. It appears there's a lot of growing up to do and a lot of attitude and petted lip to lose.

The second issue - His ability. For all his self confidence, his stats don't stack up. Todd has scored 6 goals and 5 assists from 30 games. his record last year was 6 goals and 4 assists from 18 games. That's a major drop off in a year where we were challenging. More damagingly though - compared to his opposition at Celtc, O'Riley has 17 goals and 13 assists. Maeda's goals and assists are similar to Todd's, but anyone with eyes can see that Maeda offers miles more in regard to defensive work and generally taking opposition players out of the game. In any comparison Todd come's off a distant, and it is a *distant*, second.

If we're going to beat Celtc we're going to need better players, more goals, more productivity and much better team work and team unity. None of that is Todd Cantwell. Are there players we should ship out before Todd? Aboslutely. But we need better or we'll be back here next year bemoaning the self same loss and wondering who the next manager is going to be.

One last thing - Switch O'Riley and his Celtc contribution to us and Cantwell's to Celtc and we've won the league comfortably this year.

Last edited:
I think Todd is a decent player - not much more. He's got a bit of a swagger on the ball which I think might make him pretty marketable and see us get a decent fee for him.

That said, there are issues. Firstly - his attitude. He was bombed out at Norwich seemingly for matters not related to his ability. And now up here it appears he's OK with challenging the gaffer's authority by having wee cryptic social media messages like 'Birds in a cage...." and generally going public with perceived slights. If his reaction to being dropped is to fall out with his boss I'm starting to see why Norwich wanted rid. It appears there's a lot of growing up to do and a lot of attitude and petted lip to lose.

The second issue - His ability. For all his self confidence, his stats don't stack up. Todd has scored 6 goals and 5 assists from 30 games. his record last year was 6 goals and 4 assists from 18 games. That's a major drop off in a year where we were challenging. More damagingly though - compared to his opposition at Celtc, O'Riley has 17 goals and 13 assists. Maeda's goals and assists are similar to Todd's, but anyone with eyes can see that Maeda offers miles more in regard to defensive work and generally taking opposition players out of the game. In any comparison Todd come's off a distant, and it is a distant second.

If we're going to beat Celtc we're going to need better players, more goals, more productivity and much better team work and team unity. None of that is Todd Cantwell. Are there players wed should ship out before Todd? Aboslutely. But we need better or we'll be back here next year bemoaning the self same loss and wondering who the next manager is going to be.

Good post. Nicely sums up the situation. Seems pretty clear to me that this is also exactly how Clement sees it so I fully expect Todd to depart this summer. It’s a shame really. He has talent and much potential in an attacking sense and plays with a lot of energy, he’s good to watch at times, but there is no denying the lack of tangible and consistent outcomes.

I like Cantwell on his game he is a terrific player & I would rather he stayed.
However he is renting a house in Drymen & the owner of the house told one of our friends that he is moving out ?
Might not mean anything as he may just be moving to another property but the signs are ominous

Posting pictures of his celebration tonight from a game we were 3-1 up in and ended up drawing 3-3 at the end of a pish season.

Some of our squad liking his post as well.

Surely there must be someone in the dressing room who sees it the same as the fans and thinks wtf are you doing?
Another embarrassing post to add to his ever growing catalogue.

Posting pictures of his celebration tonight from a game we were 3-1 up in and ended up drawing 3-3 at the end of a pish season.

Surely there must be someone in the dressing room who sees it the same as the fans and thinks wtf are you doing?

This is getting tedious, go after the players not posting these because they haven't scored, or the entire rest of our midfield with their nine combined goals

More evidence needed that he along with others just don’t get it

He just doesn't get it

Even the captions "shushburger please". Like a petulant little child (although I see he's now deleted this one)

He must know the type of comments and attention this will attract? Does he want it?

This is getting tedious, go after the players not posting these because they haven't scored, or the entire rest of our midfield with their nine combined goals
Everyone should just shut up until after Saturday. He’s maybe not the brightest and I don’t think he should have posted it. But seeing our fans reaction will be nectar for the tims

The second issue - His ability. For all his self confidence, his stats don't stack up. Todd has scored 6 goals and 5 assists from 30 games. his record last year was 6 goals and 4 assists from 18 games. That's a major drop off in a year where we were challenging. More damagingly though - compared to his opposition at Celtc, O'Riley has 17 goals and 13 assists. Maeda's goals and assists are similar to Todd's, but anyone with eyes can see that Maeda offers miles more in regard to defensive work and generally taking opposition players out of the game. In any comparison Todd come's off a distant, and it is a *distant*, second.

If we're going to beat Celtc we're going to need better players, more goals, more productivity and much better team work and team unity. None of that is Todd Cantwell. Are there players we should ship out before Todd? Aboslutely. But we need better or we'll be back here next year bemoaning the self same loss and wondering who the next manager is going to be.

One last thing - Switch O'Riley and his Celtc contribution to us and Cantwell's to Celtc and we've won the league comfortably this year.
Absolute mince to say Cantwell is not an exceptional player .

He just doesn't get it

Even the captions "shushburger please". Like a petulant little child (although I see he's now deleted this one)

He must know the type of comments and attention this will attract? Does he want it?

Comes across as the boy at under 12’s that wants to know who got MOTM despite their team losing 9-0

He is a fucking loser posting that stuff after another bad result. But what do we expect? Our leadership are used to losing, they aren't going to pull him up for it.

Its bad standards throughout the club, and no matter how many good signings Koppen makes this summer the environment that exists right now at Rangers FC means that losing is actually OK. We have lots of work to eradicate that.

Instagram FC.

If we had a proper captain in the dressing room, players would not be bragging about a goal they scored in game we drew 3-3 after being 3-1 up.

Could you imagine Richard Gough's reaction if this sort of the thing happened when he was Captain?

The mindset of this group of players is so far from what it should be, the majority of them need binned in the summer.

I thought it summed the players up who were posting on Instagram after we beat Dundee whilst the filth were posting about their title win. Not the mentality required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back