Todd Cantwell

Still a cup final to play, Clement needs come up with a surprise or Rodgers will think around him once again. Clement is getting schooled in these derby games, maybe a fit Cantwell could surprise even Clement

Still a cup final to play, Clement needs come up with a surprise or Rodgers will think around him once again. Clement is getting schooled in these derby games, maybe a fit Cantwell could surprise even Clement
The only surprise will be every fan surprised he started with the same setup that hasn't worked 3 times in a row

Out of interest, what qualifies him as our best offensive player?
It’s a subjective judgement but in that No 10 role I’d say he’s easily superior to anyone else we have

Sima maybe has a better output as a wide player

Why did our best offensive player just sit that whole game out?

He’s not perfect but I don’t need to list the players he’s far more capable than that did play. Including the one that started in his position that stank the place out for the 2nd OF game in a row.
Baffling! Finding it really difficult to understand the gaffer's line-ups, tactics and substitutions over the last month or so. Tom Lawrence was so far off today it was embarrassing and he's another that doesn't look fit to me. His tracking back and marking bheast runners from midfield was woeful. The league is gone so Clement must now learn the lessons from today and prepare for this final. If he doesn't win it and we see the usual suspects collapsing again, I fear for him next season.

It’s a subjective judgement but in that No 10 role I’d say he’s easily superior to anyone else we have

Tbf his only competition is Lawrence who can barely run.

The number 10 position should have been done away with ages ago. We continue to get overrun in midfield even against the dross in the league.

I’d say he flatters to deceive and both Dessers and Sima are more effective.

Baffling! Finding it really difficult to understand the gaffer's line-ups, tactics and substitutions over the last month or so. Tom Lawrence was so far off today it was embarrassing and he's another that doesn't look fit to me. His tracking back and marking bheast runners from midfield was woeful. The league is gone so Clement must now learn the lessons from today and prepare for this final. If he doesn't win it and we see the usual suspects collapsing again, I fear for him next season.
I wish he learned lessons from the first 2 old firm games but he didn't. I don't expect him to have learned anything else today that we all didn't already know.

Clement should have found a way to play Todd today. Ego stands no place when when history speaks.

Big Phil. You’re teetering in my estimation. The ONLY thing that matters is Rangers and our results.

Cantwell is different class (by SPL standard) in my opinion, it's the shite he's playing with that's the problem. None of them are able to read the game like him and anticipate things.

Our team is full of entitled, mediocre and half hearted footballers that are just with us for the money. None of them really get it and deserve to wear our colours.

I can't wait to see the back of this generation of fucken half hearted shitebags.

Last edited:
Cantwell is different class (by SPL standard) in my option, it's the shite he's playing with that's the problem. None of them are able to read the game like him and anticipate things.

Our team is full of entitled, mediocre and half hearted footballers that are just with us for the money. None of them really get it and deserve to wear our colours.

I can't wait to see the back of this generation of fucken half hearted shitebags.
I genuinely can't believe how many people think Cantwell is only pish because of the players around him :))

The main issue as I see it is that Maeda knows exactly how to play Todd and takes him out of the game.

Maeda is nowhere near as effective with other players in our team. That said, I think Clemont made a huge mistake in not bringing Todd on when Celtc players tired. Especially as Maeda hasn’t played an lot after being injured.

I think there’s fault with both Todd and the Boss here. Both strong personalities. I can’t help but think maybe Todd is defensive after being treated so badly by Norwich but maybe also Phillipe is being a bit unyielding and inflexible.

Either way the people it impacts most are us and it needs sorted out.

This number 10 /8/6 pish does my head in
Is he a central midfielder?
Or a forward?

Truth is he’s fucking neither
Can’t tackle can’t pick a pass can’t score can’t do anything to impact a game
We were no better ( unfortunately) and no worse without him today
And he comes across as a bit of a dick

This number 10 /8/6 pish does my head in
Is he a central midfielder?
Or a forward?

Truth is he’s fucking neither
Can’t tackle can’t pick a pass can’t score can’t do anything to impact a game
We were no better ( unfortunately) and no worse without him today
And he comes across as a bit of a dick
Nonsense.

Serious question
If Clement was the manager of them today and Brenda ( god forbid) our manager do you think the result would have been any different?

Coz I dont
We are shite

Serious question
If Clement was the manager of them today and Brenda ( god forbid) our manager do you think the result would have been any different?

Coz I dont
We are shite
Yes I do.

Rodgers played 3 midfielders that worked hard.

He also has a wide player who works harder than our midfielders.

He’s not a great manager but he has read Managing Old Firm Games for Dummies.

Clement picks lazy, insipid half hearted players like Lawrence, Wright and Barisic.

He doesn’t understand the fixture at all.

Serious question

Coz I dont
We are shite
I think he woud be drilling into us what he drills into them, that could have got us at least a draw.

Cantwell is different class (by SPL standard) in my opinion, it's the shite he's playing with that's the problem. None of them are able to read the game like him and anticipate things.

Different class ? you are at it but of you actually believe that then I don't know what to say.

He has been garbage, yes he has ability we have all seen that but we only see it now and again.

Well all opinions are just that.

Mine is if you think our problems lie with coaching rather than players then you’re wrong
Yes I do.

Rodgers played 3 midfielders that worked hard.

He also has a wide player who works harder than our midfielders.

He’s not a great manager but he has read Managing Old Firm Games for Dummies.

Clement picks lazy, insipid half hearted players like Lawrence, Wright and Barisic.

He doesn’t understand the fixture at all.
so who could Clement have picked that match up with Hatate McGregor and O’Reilly?

Who would Rodgers have picked from our squad to match up with the above?

We judge Clement on who he brings in next season not the dross he has tried to squeeze results out of this

He was excellent against Hearts in the semi, next two games back to his usual self! Back to the championship for an undisclosed fee in the summer

Well all opinions are just that.

Mine is if you think our problems lie with coaching rather than players then you’re wrong

so who could Clement have picked that match up with Hatate McGregor and O’Reilly?

Who would Rodgers have picked from our squad to match up with the above?

We judge Clement on who he brings in next season not the dross he has tried to squeeze results out of this
Could’ve played a mid 3 of Raskin, Sterling, Diomande.

Cantwell, Silva, Dessers up top.

Could’ve played a mid 3 of Raskin, Sterling, Diomande.

Cantwell, Silva, Dessers up top.
Aye
Someone who hasnt started a game and has been widely dismissed on here as pish a right back and the rookie
That would have done the trick

Woods and trees

Found it strange he didn't get off the bench. Quite clear Clement doesn't fancy him, or trust him.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he went in the summer as thats the last two old firms he hasnt started so not sure clement trusts him

Bit of a sand dancer who flatters to deceive in lesser games. If his attitude is wrong as well that's a problem.

He was a Norwich reserve player and it’s showing a few flicks here and there 1 good game in 4 shows has hasn’t got the consistency players need to play for Rangers.

Why did our best offensive player just sit that whole game out?

He’s not perfect but I don’t need to list the players he’s far more capable than that did play. Including the one that started in his position that stank the place out for the 2nd OF game in a row.
Sorry OP but you’re miles off it with this “best offensive player”.

6 goals & 5 assists all season. Across 41 games in 3 competitions.

It’s marginally better than everyone else’s boy wonder from last season could manage.

Just as a comparison Matondo isn’t far off Cantwell’s G/A this season, and that sums up where he actually is as a player atm.

Back