Tomorrow defines our season

Win , and win well, and it is all to play for.
The 'blip' over with and lessons learned.
The title is very much on.
Fail to win and it's over. We are fvcked and probably freefall. I would not even be confident about the cup game.
This is a massive game. More than season defining, this could make or break us for several seasons.

No it doesn’t. The next Old Firm will do that as a winner takes all.

Remaining games are going to be a scrap I'm afraid. No vintage performances and i honestly can't see that group of players going undefeated. Huge upheaval needed in the summer to truly challenge next season.

Some have, ffs dry your eyes. If we dont win the league come full on about it. As of now it's in our hands. Win our games we win the league, but hey you just chuck it in like you claim the players have

It's always possible until mathematically done.

I simply have no faith in this team any more. I'm sorry if a dose of realism irks you.

I try not to let my heart rule my head.... tends to soften the inevitable disappointment.

Obviously if Dessers does fire us to the title/treble then no one will be happier to be proved wrong than me.

I just can't see it given our form drop since Hearts.

It's always possible until mathematically done.

I simply have no faith in this team any more. I'm sorry if a dose of realism irks you.

I try not to let my heart rule my head.... tends to soften the inevitable disappointment.

Obviously if Dessers does fire us to the title/treble then no one will be happier to be proved wrong than me.

I just can't see it given our form drop since Hearts.

We were always due a bump, we clawed back a sizeable lead from them and lead the league. We've let that slip for now, however we're still in it. We probably shouldn't be to be honest after the Beale disaster.
I'm going to hold fire on the players for now, this for most is the first time (with us anyway) that its been neck and neck going into the split. If they make an arse of it then I wont be holding back on the players. This is the first time they've been here in this position, I'll give them all my support until its done. One way or another we'll know what they are made off in a couple of weeks. It's going to celebrations or wholesale changes.

I think a week last Sunday v the scum defined our season. First half of that showed we don't have the bottle for it.
The very definition of bottling it refers to late in the contest. The second half showed what we are capable of. County was a blip. We will roar back tomorrow with a 3-1 win.

I fully expect Lundstrum to be in midfield and given the job of dictating the play, and I fully expect him to play walking football and not give a %^*&.

Anything could happen but I suspect more capitulation at some point along the line.

We will probably beat the scum convincingly and then throw it away in one of the remaining games.

We win tonight 3-0, then we beat St Mirren away 3-0 and go top of the league before they kick a ball……. And stay there!

It's only defining if you think we can win at the piggery because the beggars will be less likely to drop anything in the other games. Nobody could be blamed for not feeling a piggery win is realistic.

While it’s still on I will continue to believe.
I do question the players mentality at times but I also think injuries to key players have cost us some fluidity and continuity. We just don’t have the depth or quality to cope with it. However, we will win tonight and it’s game on, no question.

After the shambles in Dingwall any win for us tonight is vital

Anything else and we gift wrap the scum another title

I also think it defines the futures of certain players at the club too

Tav, Goldson, Dessers, Lundstram, Lawrence, will all need moved on or contract renegotiation stopped in Lundstrams case

It’s that big a game

We will see tonight if they can bounce back from a huge setback and win

The manager and his backroom team also are under scrutiny to get the line up and tactics right too.

Unfortunately the park won’t make it easy so a team who will show hunger, effort and a desire to win is more important than silky players as the pitch will no doubt be horrific

A team of battlers tonight is required as Dundee will fight tooth and nail to beat us and can our squad deal with it

It's only defining if you think we can win at the piggery because the beggars will be less likely to drop anything in the other games. Nobody could be blamed for not feeling a piggery win is realistic.
Wish people would stop saying this. We constantly award them (and us) points for games that haven't been played yet, then use it to definitively declare "we need to win/draw at the piggery". We don't know what we'll need to do at the piggery until the game comes around. Both teams have dropped enough points this season to tell us that, surely?

The very definition of bottling it refers to late in the contest. The second half showed what we are capable of. County was a blip. We will roar back tomorrow with a 3-1 win.
I admire the optimism of so many but 4 points from 12 agains Motherwell, Celtic, Ross County and Hibs is not title winning form.

Three of those teams are bottom six.

Mentality is the issue. It’s not there.

No it really doesn’t

Sunday and last Sunday defined our season

Bottled it and couldn’t do it.

Expect more false hope and more bottle drops before now and the end of May and go again next season in the hope Phill can get some cash to get a squad fitting of us

Yeah totally agree, unfortunately.

I was never convinced that they’d win the title and the last couple of games have confirmed that these players just aren’t capable of doing it.

I admire people’s optimism but I can’t bring myself to get my hopes up when I know it’ll just lead to disappointment.

I truly hope we win convincingly and give us hope that we can hang in there but the core of this team has let us down that many times I’ve no idea what will happen tomorrow night.
This

It's the same likely characters who year in year out talk the talk, then fail to deliver when it really matters.

The same guys you look to, who instead of cajoling the rest on and leading by example, inexplicably switch off and choose instead to simply coast into second place.

In case anyone is in any doubt what I'm on about, just cast your mind back to the opening 30 seconds of that old firm game at Ibrox. Do not tell me that's players out there with the correct mindset to win a league title.

Our players are10x better than their players.
Our team is much better than their team.
Our manager is a much better manager than their manager.

We will win comfortably this evening. 100%. Lessons will be learned from Sunday and there will be a massive shift in attitude towards this.
That’s all very well but if you don’t show any commitment or desire to win having better players wins you nothing,Dundee will be up for this after Sundays debacle but will we .

Tomorrow doesn't define our season at all, but it could be what ends it.

Let's be honest, games against celtic are what define our season. Whether we like it or lump it, that's just the way it is.

We haven't even deserved a win against them this season, and our record in the 13 games post Gerrard would suggest our odds at Parkhead are rightfully low.

After bottling it to celtic and Ross County, there's simply no excuse for not winning tomorrow.
Tomorrow doesn't define our season at all, but it could be what ends it.
Very profound my man.

Still no yilmaz who was allegedly a couple of days away. I would honestly punt him in the summer. Far too injury prone and not as good as made out. And diomande still out with a thumb injury ??. Big marv played though a cruciate ligiment injury ffs . Tav and Goldson have been rightly critised lately fot their performances but they are always available for selection. Its all hands to the pump at this stage of the season

Still no yilmaz who was allegedly a couple of days away. I would honestly punt him in the summer. Far too injury prone and not as good as made out. And diomande still out with a thumb injury ??. Big marv played though a cruciate ligiment injury ffs . Tav and Goldson have been rightly critised lately fot their performances but they are always available for selection. Its all hands to the pump at this stage of the season
Yeah, we’re not really being told the truth about what’s going on with Yilmaz.

‘Days’ away from being fit for Celtic and nobody’s seen him since.

Win , and win well, and it is all to play for.
The 'blip' over with and lessons learned.
The title is very much on.
Fail to win and it's over. We are fvcked and probably freefall. I would not even be confident about the cup game.
This is a massive game. More than season defining, this could make or break us for several seasons.
Im not confident as it is.

People have forgotten what a title race is like. So many giving up when we are 1 point behind. Will it be difficult to win it? Absolutely. However, it rarely isnt. People are talking about it like winning the next 6 is impossible and that simply isnt true. We could say that winning 6 with this group seems difficult, but we have done it before.

People forget that celtic havent won 6 games on the spin all season and yet we are supposed to just accept that they will buck a seasons worth of trends to just do it with ease? They also havent put in a full 90 min performance since god knows when.

There will be ups and downs, and maybe in the end we will have bottled it. But, that cannot be said while we may still win the title. And, for what its worth, thats exactly what I think we will do.

Our players are10x better than their players.
Our team is much better than their team.
Our manager is a much better manager than their manager.

We will win comfortably this evening. 100%. Lessons will be learned from Sunday and there will be a massive shift in attitude towards this.
After watching us on Sunday Dundee will fancy their chances, and who would blame them, bearing in mind the absolute poverty of that 90 minutes - we lost to a Ross County team that had won 6 games all season.

I think we'll win comfortably at Dens Park now the pressure is off. The players knew they had to beat that lot at Ibrox last week, then win at Ross County.
The pressures not off, if anything it has intensified.
1 0 for Rangers will do me but the manner of the performance is very important.
No more lack lustre, half hearted pish like Sunday.

We just need to win! Performance is secondary at this stage. We all know the score, 6 games left….6 wins takes the title.

Heart says we win tomorrow, win at the weekend, and go from there. One point behind going into the split with the potential for a treble is a position we'd all have killed for in October, and title races are rarely straightforward. Celtic can slip up at any time and we just need to win our games and avoid defeat at the scum.

Head says we'll drop points tomorrow and stumble towards a disappointing end to the season. I don't trust some of these players one iota.
Exactly the same as this!

Been like the proverbial Bear with a sore head since Sunday!
Think what makes it worse this time is they built up our hopes by getting back into a race and now they are reverting to type. (TBH always had a niggling feeling it would happen but tried convincing myself the new Gaffer would be the difference)

Here's to hoping the heart is right for a change!

Whatever happens at Dungdee doesn’t affect anything. Win lose or draw imho we won’t win the league with some of these players.

I've just this horrible feeling after Sunday our season unravels from here on in.

We've been in poor form for almost 2 months. It's been dire. Not confident for the rest of the week
Exactly how I feel want to believe but have to many let downs with this group in the past I’m very nervous about the game today and fear if we start slow that any hope of the title will disappear tonight hope they. Prove me wrong and show they know what being a Ranger is all about

Too positive for all the shitebags and surrender monkeys on here mate.
Probably the same 1's saying it on here in September.
People on here have nothing to do with it.

The ‘shitebags and surrender monkeys’ are in the squad, and they’ve let themselves be outplayed, outfought and outworked to four points from the last 12 available.

By all means, I admire your show of blind hope, but I can’t believe any fans are still having the wool pulled over their eyes by this core of losers we have.

People on here have nothing to do with it.

The ‘shitebags and surrender monkeys’ are in the squad, and they’ve let themselves be outplayed, outfought and outworked to four points from the last 12 available.

By all means, I admire your show of blind hope, but I can’t believe any fans are still having the wool pulled over their eyes by this core of losers we have.
You may well be proven correct over the next few weeks mate. But, celtic also shipped an 11 point lead and havent won 6 on the bounce all season so the same could surely be levelled at them this season? Either way, one will prove to be correct and one not. Still a fair bit of football to play to see which one it is.

You may well be proven correct over the next few weeks mate. But, celtic also shipped an 11 point lead and havent won 6 on the bounce all season so the same could surely be levelled at them this season? Either way, one will prove to be correct and one not. Still a fair bit of football to play to see which one it is.
It could be, but they’ve taken seven points from nine against us.

People have forgotten what a title race is like. So many giving up when we are 1 point behind. Will it be difficult to win it? Absolutely. However, it rarely isnt. People are talking about it like winning the next 6 is impossible and that simply isnt true. We could say that winning 6 with this group seems difficult, but we have done it before.

People forget that celtic havent won 6 games on the spin all season and yet we are supposed to just accept that they will buck a seasons worth of trends to just do it with ease? They also havent put in a full 90 min performance since god knows when.

There will be ups and downs, and maybe in the end we will have bottled it. But, that cannot be said while we may still win the title. And, for what its worth, thats exactly what I think we will do.

Nah they haven't forgot, they know what a title race is like, they know there are bumps in the road and the odd slip up, that can happen. We aren't in that though, we are in a spell of poor form and bad performances.

People keep speaking about season 2008/09 and how we drew with Hibs, yeah that was literally it, we drew with Hibs, and won 8 out of our last 9.

They speak about 2010/11 and how we drew with Celtic yes, and won 9 out of our last 10 games.

They know a title race actually requires form, grit, the dropped points in those run ins were blips, we are currently in a spell of bad form. It's not the dropping points every week nerve show some are trying to rewrite it to be

You speak about us going on runs of winning 6 games, we are good at that, entirely dependent on how the fixtures break, we have no 6 game winning run when we have beat Celtic this season, do you know why we don't have that? Because doing that thing is going to define if we win the league or not

We need to buck a lot more trends than Celtic to win the league.

Last edited:
It doesn't really. It's one of 6 cup finals. Lose any of them and the league is most likely gone.

Nah they haven't forgot, they know what a title race is like, they know there are bumps in the road and the odd slip up, that can happen. We aren't in that though, we are in a spell of poor form and bad performances.

People keep speaking about season 2008/09 and how we drew with Hibs, yeah that was literally it, we drew with Hibs, and won 8 out of our last 9.

They speak about 2010/11 and how we drew with Celtic yes, and won 9 out of our last 10 games.

They know a title race actually requires from, grit, the dropped points in those run ins were blips, we are currently in a spell of bad form. It's not the dropping points every week nerve show some are trying to rewrite it to be

You speak about us going on runs of winning 6 games, we are good at that, entirely dependent on how the fixtures break, we have no 6 game winning run when we have beat Celtic this season, do you know why we don't have that? Because doing that thing is going to define if we win the league or not

We need to buck a lot more trends than Celtic to win the league.
I've absolutely no idea why people are comparing it to those seasons and clinging to hope based on that.

That was a team of winners led by Walter. The kindest thing to say about the current squad is that it's totally different to the squad in those 2 seasons.

It doesn’t. Drop points and it’s over, win and we are still relying on other teams doing us a favour.

The Old Firm was season defining, we failed.

To win the title we need to win at the Piggery. I would always have had faith in Walter to do that. Gerrard showed he could do it.
These days, not so much.

Back