Tomorrow defines our season

Defining game tonight, I am sorry but that boat has already sailed, our first half performance against the poeta and the whole of last Sundays shambles were both defining moments in our season, we are not mentally tough enough nor good enough from a football perspective to go to the end of the season winning every game.
On a side note our defence is shocking when put under pressure, we have no one but ourselves to blame.

What an attitude to have.

The scar tissue in our support is unreal at times. Fans seem to want to be the one to say 'I told you so' rather than backing the team to the hilt.

That's what they need right now, not fans parroting lines from the likes of Sutton and Co. There's not much bottle for a title race in the support at times when the usual scapegoats get pilloried for every dropped point.
Has this team, at least its core, offered any evidence that it is a good bet for the league title this year?

Has this club, in the previous 8 years it’s been in the top flight, offered any evidence that it’s generally a good bet for the league title?

Given the answer to both is unequivocally no, you are free to believe these types of thoughtless platitudes yourself but you can’t kid on everyone else should.

Has this team, at least its core, offered any evidence that it is a good bet for the league title this year?

Has this club, in the previous 8 years it’s been in the top flight, offered any evidence that it’s generally a good bet for the league title?

Given the answer to both is unequivocally no, you are free to believe these types of thoughtless platitudes yourself but you can’t kid on everyone else should.

Yip, and despite all that the backing the fans give the team is for the most part, always there.

When at game the fans couldn't wish and want anymore than this lot to win the league, the fans have went to games for years now filled with hope and expectation and been let down time and time and time again but will still do the same every week, the fans give the best of themselves.

The fans want to win can't win this team the league though, it is a loss with reality when people get irked by fans lack of faith in this team, people who have a lack of faith are coming at it from an evidence based place, people don't want to be right, but this group have given every reason for people to be left frustrated by them

I think we'll win comfortably at Dens Park now the pressure is off. The players knew they had to beat that lot at Ibrox last week, then win at Ross County.
Whilst I agree the pressure was on those 2 games, there is still a huge amount of pressure on tonight's game. Win and we've still got a chance, lose or draw and it's done. Tonight is a huge game, the players and managed know this. Let's see if we turn up or not. I think we will tonight.

This team does not win big crucial games and is let down constantly by the same players year after year tell me i am wrong
For us to win a league we need Celtic to be miles behind, I’ve always doubted we have what it takes to win a proper close title race. players keep coming into the same losing mentality

People on here have nothing to do with it.

The ‘shitebags and surrender monkeys’ are in the squad, and they’ve let themselves be outplayed, outfought and outworked to four points from the last 12 available.

By all means, I admire your show of blind hope, but I can’t believe any fans are still having the wool pulled over their eyes by this core of losers we have.
Not pulling the wool over my eyes. I just refuse to chuck it cause I'm not a shitebag and I support Rangers.
Stayed behind them in worse times than this.
Touched a nerve, didn't I?

It's part and parcel of suporting a football team. No team has a right to have success. We will win games, we will lose games and we will draw games. Right now our support are so punch drunk and starved of success that some can't handle dropping any points at all.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be angry about Sunday's result, far from it and the team deserve some criticism. But the borderline abuse and constant parroting of lines put in the public domain by the likes of Sutton being used by our fans against our own players is pretty OTT. Holding grudges against players because of previous seasons or wanting to be 'proved right' about a certain player

It's been mentioned on here about how Celtic fans can't handle a title race. Unfortunately a good number of our own can't handle it either. If you can't handle disappointment, then being a football fan aint for you.

The scar tissue that some of our fans have means that anything good that the team does is washed away the minute we have a setback because the negative mindset is the starting point and certain players have become scapegoats.

I think we’ll all be put out of our misery tonight. Our form has fallen off a cliff, cant score enough goals or keep a clean sheet. Dont see anyway back, from an unbelieveable position we’ve shat it

Will show us the mentality of the team, they know any dropped points in the next 6 games doesn't bare thinking about, but we can't rely on favours from other teams, this group need to get a grip & prove to us, for once, they have the bottle for a title race.

The very definition of bottling it refers to late in the contest. The second half showed what we are capable of. County was a blip. We will roar back tomorrow with a 3-1 win.
One half of football was good, the other three a disaster. This team have bottled it. It’s what they do. They are losers.

Will show us the mentality of the team, they know any dropped points in the next 6 games doesn't bare thinking about, but we can't rely on favours from other teams, this group need to get a grip & prove to us, for once, they have the bottle for a title race.
No we don't need favours. It's simple win all our games and we are champions

We can do this, no question in my mind.
But tomorrow will be a big marker, if we pump Dundee with room to spare I think we can roll into Hearts and keep rolling to the title.
Go to the Tinks, get in their face and let’s see what happens
No surrender ever from this Bear
How can there be no question in your mind ? When you have seen these players fail time and time again

After the shit start, this season was all about preparing for next. How we are still in a race I have no idea after two blowup periods. The worry I have is the loss of the champ league money if we don't get there as could be disastrous for the next few year.

Defining game tonight, I am sorry but that boat has already sailed, our first half performance against the poeta and the whole of last Sundays shambles were both defining moments in our season, we are not mentally tough enough nor good enough from a football perspective to go to the end of the season winning every game.
On a side note our defence is shocking when put under pressure, we have no one but ourselves to blame.
The past two matches have been hugely disappointing missed opportunities, but the fact remains we are still very much in this title and the players need to show the correct response tonight.

The manager too. This is when you want to see what he can do when the chips are down. He was clearly raging on Sunday, so let’s see a response from him tonight too.

I get the want to stay positive but the thread title is silly.

Tonight does not define our season the last two games were defining moments in our season.

Every game from the Motherwell game defined our season. It’s sensationalist titles. The fact is we haven’t beat anyone since that in the 3 games since tells you where we are.

We haven’t beaten them in a meaningful game in 2 years, haven’t won at parkhead in 4 years so to think all of sudden this clicks then I can’t see it.

It feels like some so called supporters actually want us to get beat tonight so they can slag the team
I definitely know there are people on here that want Tav and Goldson to make mistakes so the can call them ,cowards ,shitebags etc
They are killing this forum

The worst we were after level games this season was 7 behind. We recovered that to be 2 in front and are now going to finish season more than 7 behind. Utterly fucking incredible!

It's always possible until mathematically done.

I simply have no faith in this team any more. I'm sorry if a dose of realism irks you.

I try not to let my heart rule my head.... tends to soften the inevitable disappointment.

Obviously if Dessers does fire us to the title/treble then no one will be happier to be proved wrong than me.

I just can't see it given our form drop since Hearts.

Not mathematically done but you were right. Shower of wasters and bottle merchants

Back