Tonight surely cements Butland's place in the England squad?

I'm not sure he'll make the final Euro squad. But it would be odd if Southgate doesn't at least bring in to the upcoming get-together to have a closer look.
For our sake I hope he doesn’t get back into England set up until a least next season.
The rest during Internationals is good for players .
Oh , and Pickford is seriously over rated

Pickford who hasn’t really ever let England down , Pope and probably Johnstone will be the 3 keepers.
Nick Pope is still currently out injured and Ramsdale isn't first choice at Arsenal, also isn't JB the only English goalkeeper currently involved in European football?

I think that's a pretty shortsighted view if he makes the England squad it will show other quality players that are in a similar position to him before he joined that rangers is place where you can revive your career and get recognition at the highest level

Great, I don't have any problem with that - it may or may not happen - but I know my priorities.

Maybe he did?

Not unreasonable to expect a centre back with a free header not to plant it in your net
It’s also not unreasonable for a CB to expect his goalie to shout for him to leave it.
I don’t think for 1 minute if Goldson heard a shout from the goalie he thought “ nah %^*& it I’m sticking the nut on it anyway” which to me means either the shout didn’t come or it wasn’t loud enough for Goldson to hear.

Set to miss out for the Euros.

Dean Henderson in which is fair enough, but he's choosing James Trafford who's been dropped from relegated Burnely for being shite, over Butland.

I guess experience for the young lad is one argument, but he can't deal with crosses so they're stuffed if they ever need to actually rely on him.

But land

Dean Henderson in which is fair enough, but he's choosing James Trafford who's been dropped from relegated Burnely for being shite, over Butland.

I guess experience for the young lad is one argument, but he can't deal with crosses so they're stuffed if they ever need to actually rely on him.
Butland should've been in there somewhere and probably would've been had they had a different manager.

Southgate just doesn’t rate our league. No chance he’s selecting Butland.
I don't think Butland has been good enough with his feet this season. It doesn't matter for us as we barely play from the back, but in the Euros it really matters.

If you're going on shot stopper he's still one of the best in the prem, it's just that which let's him down.

I think it's more the case that if Butland was going it would be as third choice and Southgate would prefer to give a younger keeper tournament experience. As was the case with Butland at Euro 2012.

Hasn't played since March as well after losing his place. Total joke

Shows you just how much they look down their nose at the SPL. Done the same with Frather Frother as well despite him being excellent for them in the CL

Shows you just how much they look down their nose at the SPL. Done the same with Frather Frother as well despite him being excellent for them in the CL
Hardly a surprise when our own fans think the same! If you want people looking down on Scottish football then FF is a good start.

I feel it's the correct decision from Southgate.

The other keepers are good keepers as well and it makes more sense to take a third choice keeper who may be viewed as a future number one so they get experience of the tournament. Has a 3rd choice keeper ever been required to play in a tournament?

Ally that to the fact that Butland's form did dip a bit at the wrong time and he probably had his worst game of the season when Southgate came to see him and it's not a surprising choice really.

It was a strange OP because Butland had a really poor game away to Benfica, and it may have just been one of the games that put doubts in Southgate's mind considering it turned out to be the highest level game he would play in all season.

Butland made some really impressive saves that evening but his distribution was poor, he palmed one right to their striker about ten minutes in, and he should have commanded the OG situation far better. It should comfortably have been his ball but he stayed rooted to his spot and it looked like he never shouted. You could see Tav turn and ask him the question after it went in.

A recent record maybe, but back in the day we had
Woods
 Butcher
Sterland
Stevens
Wilkins
Walters
Drinkell
Foderingham
Tavernier
Forrester
Garner
Waghorn
Hill
Windass

In 16/17. Granted not sure if all on the pitch together at the same time.

You don't want one of our players around the squad of one of the best international teams in the world? That is absolutely insane on many levels.
I posted this weeks ago because I put us first and didn’t want JB injured. We lost Sima and Ryan Jack on international duties.

I’d be delighted if he made Euros

James Trafford before Butland, Burnley dropped him for their last 10 games, and he’s now a Championship player, and Ramsdale who has barely kicked a ball for Arsenal? :oops:

Incredible that Southgate could watch that OF game and decide Butland was no better than that Burnley keeper

He went through the motions coming up to to that game, had no intention of picking Butland

James Trafford before Butland, Burnley dropped him for their last 10 games, and he’s now a Championship player, and Ramsdale who has barely kicked a ball for Arsenal? :oops:
It will be Southgates fault then if Pickford messes up at the Euros and one of those you mention plays.

Being employed in England is King. Doesn't matter if they are making mistake or mistake or not getting a game at all.

Didn't realise choosing Ramsdale over him as well. Now that's a joke.
Trafford even worse. He lost his place in March and hasn't played since for a team that's just been relegated. He was utter dog shit before he was dropped

Southgate also said he's dropped Rashford as other have been in better form yet continuously selects McGuire who has been absolutely hopeless and that's in the odd occasion where he's not been in the bench

Has to be the worst manager around

Not a big fan of Southgate but he’s right about the SPFL. 75% of the games not involved us are utter dross. To me that’s why big Jack won’t get into an England squad.

Back