Tony Kroos to retire this summer

Probably doesn't want to end up like Schweinsteiger did, I thought he was done for last season but has been brilliant this one.

What a player very seldom wasted a pass and run the midfield for Germany and Real Madrid ,played the position the way it should be played ,a world class player.

He is a genuinely superb player. He always did say he wanted to bow out at Madrid and wanted to do it at a certain level so he's just stuck to his guns. He probably could play on for a couple more years but guess he doesn't want to take the chance he ends up having a poor one or something.

Shame, could have come to Rangers for a final stroll.

Is it true that he owns or has access to a private jet and flies straight back to Madrid after every away game (that requires a flight) so he can be there in the morning for his kids?

great player and seems like a good guy too - one of the few big players to call out the Qataris and Saudis and their influence on modern football

Is that true about the boots? :))

Aye, he wore Adipures for a number of years then Adidas stopped making them.

image.png

image.png

Adidas re-released them last year.

One of my favourite players of all time, he did say he’d bow out at the top. Always thought he will only get the credit he deserves when he retires.

Dream scenario for him would be to retire after Germany win the euros but that won’t happen.

Great career.

And kept the same haircut and the same white and blue Adidas Adipure boots since 2012, to the point where Adidas still specially manufacture them just for him.

A wonderful footballer.
Now that is a stat. Where did you see that?

been some player though, some career. Another one who maybe gets overshadowed by the stars around him, but is invaluable to the team.

Great player
I thought he would have wanted to play next season with Mbpappe up front with Bellingham & Vini Jr

Yeah but the players would all have been born before the division.

Many people born in the East would have fled West to avoid the Soviet advance.
He's the only player of East German nationality by birth to win it. How could players born before the division have East German passports if the state didn't exist.

Back