Top 20 Football Clubs by Kit & Merchandise Revenue

Applebear19762022

Barcelona is topping the list of the 20 clubs with the highest revenue from shirt sales in 2023, ahead of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Barcelona earns €179 million from the Nike contract, sale of Nike shirts, and other merchandise. Real Madrid and Bayern Munich follow in second and third place, with Real set to earn €155 million and Bayern €147 million.

The best-placed Premier League club is Liverpool, which will generate €132 million. Manchester United will generate €130 million thanks to its contract with Adidas. The top ten is completed by Paris Saint-Germain, Arsenal, Chelsea, Juventus and Tottenham. Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund, and AC Milan, which are sponsored by Puma, generated €73 million, €54 million, and €51 million, respectively.

Merchandising revenues have increased significantly and are now 60% higher than the pre-pandemic levels of 2019. This indicates the growing popularity of European football clubs, as well as the increased commercialization of activities. In contrast, revenues from kit manufacturing remained stable in 2023, but were still 9% higher than the pre-pandemic revenue level of 2019.

I wonder where we are on this scale... must admit im surprised by the Tims being in 17th place..

Barcelona is topping the list of the 20 clubs with the highest revenue from shirt sales in 2023, ahead of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Barcelona earns €179 million from the Nike contract, sale of Nike shirts, and other merchandise. Real Madrid and Bayern Munich follow in second and third place, with Real set to earn €155 million and Bayern €147 million.

The best-placed Premier League club is Liverpool, which will generate €132 million. Manchester United will generate €130 million thanks to its contract with Adidas. The top ten is completed by Paris Saint-Germain, Arsenal, Chelsea, Juventus and Tottenham. Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund, and AC Milan, which are sponsored by Puma, generated €73 million, €54 million, and €51 million, respectively.

Merchandising revenues have increased significantly and are now 60% higher than the pre-pandemic levels of 2019. This indicates the growing popularity of European football clubs, as well as the increased commercialization of activities. In contrast, revenues from kit manufacturing remained stable in 2023, but were still 9% higher than the pre-pandemic revenue level of 2019.

I wonder where we are on this scale... must admit im surprised by the Tims being in 17th place..
I am not surprised tbh.
Adidas, global brand. You go to any airport in the world where Adidas has a spot and you can maybe pic up their top. Some folk will buy it just for the colours, they are 17Th gen irish / scots etc. it would be the same if they were with Nike.
The point is, their stuff will be visible in a lot more places than many other teams, including us. if folk can see your gear, more likely to buy something

We report it differently from them.

We report our revenue after all costs have been deducted, I'm sure they report theirs pre costs.

Back