Top Down for Category A Away Matches

Nah, you're not getting the issue with this.

There will always be bronze members. Always. It's a necessary tier. The question is how these fans are allocated tickets.

If bronze members get no tickets for games at Hampden and one away game, potentially reduced to zero, and that game is against the utter dross, they don't sign up. Rangers don't want that.

You can't keep asking them to work their way up when you're creating a closed shop and they have no incentive.

For context, I'm close to maximum points in gold. Under your rules, I'm probably advantaged over you.
This is actually the other flaw in the system

Someone could have a season ticket not be a mygers member for the 5 seasons

Buy programs/ woman's tickets etc accruing points but not active then decide im going start mygers and go above people who have been paying for it yearly.

Points should only accrue while you are a member.

Even seat sub it was mentioned at that fans forum about attendance and amount not attending

Seat sub is good thing but it should be capped at 50% of games for mygers points if someone is seat subbing half the season they are only attending the odd game ........its a problem for demand

No doubt controversial on here but the first thing I'd do is remove supporters clubs allocations for away tickets and stick those additional tickets in the mygers pot. Large percentage would still end up being allocated to mygers members who travel on buses anyway.

Never have and never will understand why those on buses get a 2nd bite at getting tickets

No doubt controversial on here but the first thing I'd do is remove supporters clubs allocations for away tickets and stick those additional tickets in the mygers pot. Large percentage would still end up being allocated to mygers members who travel on buses anyway.

Never have and never will understand why those on buses get a 2nd bite at getting tickets
Bingo!

Here we go. RSCs are the issue again despite the RSC allocation already being cut by 10% by the club. Club use has almost doubled from what it was before mygers but it’s the RSCs that are the issue

They are trying to dangle the carrot just enough to keep the money making mygers scheme alive. They know that a proper top down loyalty scheme would see 1000s stop paying for mygers as it would end up a closed shop.

Tbh I sit somewhere in the middle. The fact that someone in gold is guaranteed cup finals and also euro aways seems like a decent incentive to be in gold. A proper top down scheme would result in the same people controlling all the away tickets
If you don’t do European aways, do you honestly believe hampden alone is a good enough incentive to be gold?

16000 mygers members get 50/50 split so what’s the incentive to be spending money to be in gold? I’d much rather an extra 4/5 away tickets than be guaranteed a hampden ticket

Top down I am sure but it's purely based on games attended
Correct, based on a rolling period. There’s requirements of having attended X amount of away games over previous seasons and then a ballot between those on the same points if required

Easiest way to describe it is essentially like what the old travel club used to be like. Their Hampden ballot is essentially what our old semi/finals cccs was like. I’m basing that on an explanation from a friend

Bingo!

Here we go. RSCs are the issue again despite the RSC allocation already being cut by 10% by the club. Club use has almost doubled from what it was before mygers but it’s the RSCs that are the issue
I think it should be the other way rscs should have allocation increased to be the majority but the members of rscs can't be in mygers ballots etc

Think people are sleep walking into what is happing at the club around hospitality at all the number of tickets going that way has nearly doubled

Rscs are suffering just now but my gers will be next

Wait till more season tickets are repurposed for additional hospitality sections be it in corners or goal stands.

Which starts to raise rest of seat prices

I get is big money for club but we are talking that main stand tickets are around 833 for renewals give it 5 years at most and they will be over a grand

I am. But I wouldn’t get a ticket for Hearts or Aberdeen away so it’s not really relevant. Nowhere near the top. Closer to the bottom of gold.

If Bronze members play the game for 5 years they won’t be bronze.
You're far more likely to get a ticket for Hearts and Aberdeen compared to Silver and Bronze though. What you're wanting to do though is just restrict all the CAT A tickets to Gold members and deny any chance of Silver/Bronze being able to attend any big away day which is just selfish.

You're far more likely to get a ticket for Hearts and Aberdeen compared to Silver and Bronze though. What you're wanting to do though is just restrict all the CAT A tickets to Gold members and deny any chance of Silver/Bronze being able to attend any big away day which is just selfish.
It should be based on size of an allocation rather than the opposition. Using Annan and Dumbarton as recent examples in the cup. They were much harder to get due to the tiny allocation than an Aberdeen ticket for example

I think the club should introduce a rule based on allocation size and make it public so all members know an allocation of under X is gold only, under Y is gold and silver etc

I know people can exaggerate on here but the first thing that needs sorted is the allocation over a season that some in the same tier get.

People in gold for example who applied for every game yet some end up with 3/4/5 tickets, some get a Cat A, some don’t.

Same with silver and bronze. Apply for all but some silver with 3 to others 1 etc.

People might just be not admitting they forgot to apply etc but think you’d easily find people with exact same applications in same group who have been given different volume of tickets this season.

That seems straightforward to sort?

I know people can exaggerate on here but the first thing that needs sorted is the allocation over a season that some in the same tier get.

People in gold for example who applied for every game yet some end up with 3/4/5 tickets, some get a Cat A, some don’t.

Same with silver and bronze. Apply for all but some silver with 3 to others 1 etc.

People might just be not admitting they forgot to apply etc but think you’d easily find people with exact same applications in same group who have been given different volume of tickets this season.

That seems straightforward to sort?
Bring back days you got your Allocation up to the split then your split Allocation.

For a service you pay for its really poor I get automation and reducing costs but club are doing it is making it more difficult.

I get there is discussions with other clubs but reality is spfl could say OK here is the date of games allocations have to be agreed by start of season clubs then know at start of year what they have to allocate.

Is be fine with that if they take away stuff such as womens season ticket that people will pay and not go and as others have said european collection only

Yeah you’re reading that correct. Its not like it’s a lifetime ban or anything work your way up.

All the clubs down south, Celtic, hearts etc are all top down.

It’s honestly ridiculous we’re not especially after introducing a “loyalty scheme”.
I posted the Man Utd breakdown earlier and they have a loyalty tier where there is an 80% chance of an away ticket. To qualify you have to have applied for every away ticket since 2001-2002. You need to be a silver tier season ticket holder at Silver Level and above who purchase all home cup games. Silver is those who have had a season ticket for 3 years or more and they are balloted and have a 20% chance, and Executive Club members with a 13% use. There are no supporters club tickets shown in the break down and club use etc is about 4%.

How many would fancy that system especially the bit about every ticket since 2001-2002 for loyalty

Going forward the category of games should be based on the allocation. Then for smaller allocations (Tynecastle the best example at present) it should be Gold only.
Also the UB’s clearly get some sort of separate allocation but that is another issue.
One thing for sure is they can’t please everyone and MyGers makes too much easy money for it to be stopped.
Will it definitely be a 5 year history going into next season?

Going forward the category of games should be based on the allocation. Then for smaller allocations (Tynecastle the best example at present) it should be Gold only.
Also the UB’s clearly get some sort of separate allocation but that is another issue.
One thing for sure is they can’t please everyone and MyGers makes too much easy money for it to be stopped.
Yes.

UB don’t get any allocation ffs

The UB are being given tickets the same way everyone else is. The reality is these guys have the contacts or are top attendees on their respective RSCs which btw is no different to what a lot of people who are there every week also do.

The ones that complain the most on here usually get a ticket through their RSC, you simply can't "go every week" solely relying on MyGers.

You'll notice none of them will agree with your post based on the second part of it.

Bingo!

People seem oblivious to the fact if they did happen to cut RSC allocations all that would happen is the tickets would just be added for even more club use or corporate.

The ones that complain the most on here usually get a ticket through their RSC, you simply can't "go every week" solely relying on MyGers.

You'll notice none of them will agree with your post based on the second part of it.
RSCs are not solely relying on their allocation from Rangers for most games. They couldn't run a bus if they did. Hearts for example A+ will have been given one ticket. Anything an RSC has over and above that will be from contacts pulling in favours etc. This is nothing different to what a number who go every week but don't get tickets from an RSC do.

Yeah you’re reading that correct. Its not like it’s a lifetime ban or anything work your way up.

All the clubs down south, Celtic, hearts etc are all top down.

It’s honestly ridiculous we’re not especially after introducing a “loyalty scheme”.
And all of those clubs, including Celtic have loads of people moaning that it’s a closed shop.

Bring back days you got your Allocation up to the split then your split Allocation.

For a service you pay for its really poor I get automation and reducing costs but club are doing it is making it more difficult.

I get there is discussions with other clubs but reality is spfl could say OK here is the date of games allocations have to be agreed by start of season clubs then know at start of year what they have to allocate.
If they brought back the old method of appliying at the start of the season now, people would maybe get two away tickets per season based on current allocations, at most.

I said earlier the rsc allocation should be higher but the those members in rscs should be excluded from my gers ballot

I'm not in an rsc but there is a place for them with buses etc and the social element

Big crux of matter just now is club tickets for either staff or hospitality

When we are getting 600 tickets I can't see more than 100 being in the mygers ballot prob same again for rsc if that, the rest are going to club and hospitality.

If they brought back the old method of appliying at the start of the season now, people would maybe get two away tickets per season based on current allocations, at most.
Yes and no

If they actually categorised the games throughout the tiers and allocated reasonable fairly in the summer then all that's required is the taking of the money

It's tin pot that we see stadiums half empty and it's not all tit for tat it has a lot to do with policing costs.

At some point they have to have a sensible discussion and see how much these clubs are costing themselves.

Killie I get it thought he we have a chance against them with bigger crowd yes and no is the answer the crowd don't make that much of a difference for these small clubs

Yes and no

If they actually categorised the games throughout the tiers and allocated reasonable fairly in the summer then all that's required is the taking of the money

It's tin pot that we see stadiums half empty and it's not all tit for tat it has a lot to do with policing costs.

At some point they have to have a sensible discussion and see how much these clubs are costing themselves.

Killie I get it thought he we have a chance against them with bigger crowd yes and no is the answer the crowd don't make that much of a difference for these small clubs
How do you allocate reasonably fairly based on the current allocations though? You seem to be making the point that allocations could and should be increased, which I think most would agree with- but unless you have a rule in place then we can’t force Hearts or Aberdeen to give us more tickets

How do you allocate reasonably fairly based on the current allocations though? You seem to be making the point that allocations could and should be increased, which I think most would agree with- but unless you have a rule in place then we can’t force Hearts or Aberdeen to give us more tickets
Honestly there is no easy solution

My own preference is

Mygers domestic and my gers euro separate the points and applications for games.

Then discussions at start of year spfl should say allocations for all away games need to be agreed before start of season.

If its still low amounts then the mygers domestic needs adjusted for tiers to match the total categorization of games based on team and allocation.

If we know we are getting 30 k tickets for example then they need to Decide to allocate those tickets to each tier for the year.

Ie if gold is getting 3 tickets and silver 2 bronze 1for example yes unlikely just example

The categories of games need to be clear and yes it should be top down in gold until all have got at least for cat a

Removing euro points from my gers and being seperate scheme means the gold/ silver bronze tiers can be readjusted.

This registering per game is just a pain in the arse make it a check box or game selection for full season aways in league. That way they can start to allocate from that point.

Only registrations should be for cup or euro away

The club have defined how they measure loyalty and have awarded points to members based on that. The people at the top are the ones the club deem most loyal

What do you need to do to be deemed the most loyal? If you are stuck in bronze or low silver what do you need to do or buy that would generate you more points?

What do you need to do to be deemed the most loyal? If you are stuck in bronze or low silver what do you need to do or buy that would generate you more points?
Attend all home league, cup, European and friendly matches. Have a season ticket. Apply for all away games. That is the bare minimum

Then to progress, maintain that purchase history for 5 years until you’re on a par with members who’ve been doing it for much longer than bronze/silver members have

If you want to overtake, you need to be buying more than the people above. So that’s when extras become relevant if you don’t do European aways. That’s the exact scheme rangers have designed. Whether or not you agree with it, Rangers have designed a scheme whereby people who accrue the most points are deemed most loyal

Just because the mentally challengeds are returning this crap is arising again.

Offer Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen the same and not just the mentally challengeds and things wouldn’t be that bad.

Just because the mentally challengeds are returning this crap is arising again.

Offer Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen the same and not just the mentally challengeds and things wouldn’t be that bad.
We’re giving that lot 5% allocation in return for 5% there. If we had the same arrangement with Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen we’d be giving all of them around 2.5k and getting around 1,000 in return- so it only really benefits us for Tynecastle in comparison to current allocation and even then it’s not enough to satisfy the demand

mygers was introduced to try reduce the number on ccs domestic away games however it’s only increased it while allocations are being cut. Travel club was a great system rewarded the ones on higher points while if folk in travel club and weren’t allocated a ticket they would still get a point to work up the point system. Mygers was brought in as first advertised as rewarding loyalty. Why if I’ve not missed a game should I lose a ticket to someone who’s just bought a ST or bought programs in bronze etc get one?

RSC should always get an allocation for domestic games they are the reason so many fans get to Ibrox & away grounds domestically

Some even arrange buses etc for fans to get to Euro games in the arse end of no where without a bus allocation. Folk that moan about buses getting tickets clearly haven’t been on or know what they buses need to do to sort out fans getting to games.

In silver and haven’t received one away ticket all season. It’s a flawed system but if it guarantees us a Hampden ticket then I’m happy enough to pay it.

They also need to ensure it’s not a closed shop and entice people to remain/join MyGers so restricting games to certain groups isn’t a good look.

IMO points should only be gathered for games attended and not for people who purchase programmes, RTV, stadium tours etc. Obviously get why they incentivise these things but it’s not right.

We’re giving that lot 5% allocation in return for 5% there. If we had the same arrangement with Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen we’d be giving all of them around 2.5k and getting around 1,000 in return- so it only really benefits us for Tynecastle in comparison to current allocation and even then it’s not enough to satisfy the demand
It would be 5% of Ibrox & in return we'd get the entire Roseburn and so on.

Clearly it wouldn't be 5% a piece. Will never happen though unfortunately.

It would be 5% of Ibrox & in return we'd get the entire Roseburn and so on.

Clearly it wouldn't be 5% a piece. Will never happen though unfortunately.
You’d need them to agree to that though. You’d also need to move season ticket holders at Ibrox to accommodate that

The people with the most MyGers points aren't necessarily the most loyal, they might have just been gaming the system and buying stuff to stay at the top.

It's hard to demonstrate loyalty at the moment when there are so few opportunities to get even the less attractive away games through MyGers.
As someone said on another post... you could attend every game and leave at half time. Folk buys euro aways with no intention of going. You're right it's hard to define what loyalty looks like.

I'm on silver and have had 1 away ticket when it should be 2
Mygers is a scam
I’m silver as well and only had one away ticket which was killie away first game of the season and applied for every away game etc since and also not missed a game at home this season.

I’ve 1780 points apply for every away game and haven’t got one ticket think I’ve more chance winning the Lotto.

Top down rewards loyalty, if it’s good enough for euro aways it should be used for domestic aways

Also think supporters clubs should get a reasonable allocation

However mygers needs reform and transparency, a lot of members get little benefit at present

If all the "I'm more loyal than you" brigade want top down then it should only be fair that they stop giving tickets to supporters clubs so folk don't get 2 bites at the cherry, can't have it both ways.

Way I see it, if you are buying a season ticket for the league then you should have a chance for away tickets regardless if you are Gold, silver or bronze. cup games and Europe could be top down.

We have a massive fan base that has probably around 10-12k who wants to go to every game but unfortunately there aren't enough rickets for everyone.

The idea of a closed shop would drive folk away, especially people like my son who is 9, he loves his 2 or 3 away games a season that we pick tickets up for, he would love to go them all but it's not his fault he has only had a season ticket for the past 3 seasons due to his age, where does the loyalty end? Is it the guy who has been going since the 70s? Is it the guy who has been a season ticket holder for the years and has only been doing euro aways for 5 years?

It's a minefield but we have some amount of fans who think they are more entitled than others

Top down rewards loyalty, if it’s good enough for euro aways it should be used for domestic aways

Also think supporters clubs should get a reasonable allocation

However mygers needs reform and transparency, a lot of members get little benefit at present
You contradict yourself there imo, top down rewarding loyalty but give supporters clubs more tickets? I know 2 guys who haven't been to Ibrox in years but haven't missed an away game as they are members of a supporters bus, its baffling, they go to away games for a day out

Who’s getting the petition going?

Ridiculous that it’s essentially a random ballot for category A away matches which are more in demand despite European away matches being top down only.

You get yourself into a position where you are considered loyal with regards to your membership tier by Rangers own metrics but there’s folk in bronze and silver getting Hearts/Aberdeen away. Ridiculous.

Genuinely why are category A away matches and European away matches not treated the same?

All non category A away matches are the chance to include all members surely.
How about then Cat A is gold top down but you're excluded from select other games to make up for that fact? Do you reckon that would be fair?

There are people in gold that have no dependents and only buy for themselves. I could argue that I'm more deserving, as I go to as many games as I'm allocated tickets for and also pay for 3 season tickets.
Add in every rangers strip going for my kids, Rangers TV etc.
I'm in Silver somehow, even though I've had my current season ticket for 20 years. The only thing I can think of that's kept me out of gold is the boycott.
Anyway, as has been said, you will never keep everyone happy.

Back