Top Down for Category A Away Matches

It’s a ballot though so statistically everyone is more likely to come out the hat in one of the larger allocations like St Johnstone or Livi

True, but mixing the games up should be one of the considerations for MyGers moving forward.

If you're only getting a limited number of games, you want that mixed up.

How can a poster get only two away games, and both of them are Killie?

Thankfully top down will never happen for all domestic games

I don’t know many on 2200+ points who actively want it to happen
I am and do but I’m a selfish bassa with no consideration for others.
Seriously as I’ve posted before I think a % say 10% for every game should be for those at the very top and I think that would be 2400 or so

Limassol
Servette
Braga

That's a fair few if they're willing to go and they're not just a big hunter game of course and want Liverpool.

Benfica
Betis
PSV

All went to silver this season.

Not really when you think about the total number of games played in Europe.

In 2021/22, we played seven games, and one dropped to bronze.

In 2023/24, we played six games, and two dropped to bronze.

So over 13 games, bronze get a chance to go to three games. Not really plenty at all.

Not really when you think about the total number of games played in Europe.

In 2021/22, we played seven games, and one dropped to bronze.

In 2023/24, we played six games, and two dropped to bronze.

So over 13 games, bronze get a chance to go to three games. Not really plenty at all.
If you're in bronze, you never go to euro trips or you fancy the odd one a season. They were able to do so if they wished.

Qualifiers under Gerrard dropped to anyone for most if not all games.

Like I said, as long as they aren't big game hunters then they'll get a game.

Can't expect to never of gone on a trip then just swan up at Anfield :D

If you're in bronze, you never go to euro trips or you fancy the odd one a season. They were able to do so if they wished.

Why I went for Aris this season.

Limassol
Servette
Braga

That's a fair few if they're willing to go and they're not just a big hunter game of course and want Liverpool.

Benfica
Betis
PSV

All went to silver this season.
Benfica and Betis were high silver and PSV was a farce with the big drop the same time as the OF tickets against them at Ibrox went on sale. I missed out in gold for that one as I was 2 points below the cut off before it. Luckily I got one from the club in the end

But the discussion point isn't just about bronze members being represented at European games. It's about how they are 'rewarded' by the club and the allocation of tickets they can expect to receive across different competitions. Also, no one is saying that they can't expect not to attend a trip and then swan up at Anfield.

You talked in the other thread about the club 'pandering' to bronze members. These are a group of fans who 1. Get one away ticket 2. Get a European away game, on average 1 out of 6 3. Don't get a ticket for most games at Hampden. And people now want them to get a category A game, or for that number to be reduced to zero.

But the discussion point isn't just about bronze members being represented at European games. It's about how they are 'rewarded' by the club and the allocation of tickets they can expect to receive across different competitions. Also, no one is saying that they can't expect not to attend a trip and then swan up at Anfield.

You talked in the other thread about the club 'pandering' to bronze members. These are a group of fans who 1. Get one away ticket 2. Get a European away game, on average 1 out of 6 3. Don't get a ticket for most games at Hampden. And people now want them to get a category A game, or for that number to be reduced to zero.
Simply just replying to your bronze get absolutely no chance of a European game comment.

They don’t want European games, let’s be honest unless it’s a big game.

*Not everyone but majority

Last edited:
Simply just replying to your bronze get absolutely no chance of a European game comment.

They don’t want European games, let’s be honest unless it’s a big game.
There's a bit of both though. I can only make one a year really so pick the one most likely to get a ticket for, however on the flip side you can't deny that you see the Ticket Office on here full of tickets for away European games.

True, but mixing the games up should be one of the considerations for MyGers moving forward.

If you're only getting a limited number of games, you want that mixed up.

How can a poster get only two away games, and both of them are Killie?
How can they not? It’s always going to happen in a ballot unless you start manipulating it to avoid that, but then there’s further knock on effects further down the line

And I acknowledged that you were correct in that there's roughly a 1 in 6 chance of a bronze member getting a shot at a European away game. The statement was in the wider context of bronze allocation.

The cycle will change. This pending Hampden ticket allocation will see a lot question retaining MyGers and indeed CCCS. I'm a good example. Im only in MyGers for the points and to try and guarantee a Hampden ticket ( especially against them). I done so as I never seemed to get lucky in the old allocation process before.
MyGers worked for me....but I suspect this pending game will see me fall short (I'm Silver and 1568 points and I don't think it will be quite enough this time ( almost 4000 in gold and 16000 in silver).

If that's now the case, then I have to question the merit in retaining MyGers. It served it's purpose but a soon as it doesn't then what's the point? I can get a ticket for any game bar Celtic at Hampden. That is where opportunities for folk further down the points chain lies. You really need folk to chuck it so those lower down accelerate up the ladder. Lets face it, if we all keep going the way we do now then we can't really progress and catch those in front of us. There is nothing I can do for example to overtake those in front of me.
One way of looking at it is if I didnt buy the tickets for Ayr, Livi and Morton and didn't renew MyGers the money saved leaves me only £50 short of a hospitality ticket to the final + the normal ticket price. No hassle, no loyalty just beers, buffet and a bus!

Back