Training drill

There's a drill/game I've seen a few times on the training videos where two different mini pitches are set up, and a certain number of passes have to be played before it's knocked in to the other pitch. Anyone know fully how it works? The players seem to love it.

Starts around 10:25 on this week's video.

https://rangers.co.uk/tv/view?it=17633&act=view&c=News&s=58#top

Noticed this a few times also. Think it is meant to mimic the scenario of winning back possession. The two “defenders” run in and try to dispossess the team in possession. If they do (by intercepting the ball or deflecting it out of the coned area - or indeed if the “attackers” play the ball outside of the coned area), then the defenders run to the next pitch to deal with the second phase of “attackers” and repeat. Once clear, they tag in the next two “defenders”.

I know Gerrard said they set up mini leagues and competition between the players. I reckon there's teams of 3 or 4 each and have a lot of pride at stake. If it's the same drill I think it is there is a fair bit of OTT celebrating for a simple pass to an empty net (credit to the backroom staff, the smiles all seem to be genuine and loving their 'work')

I coach a kids football team, always watching YouTube videos for ideas, looks very similar to this one......

Back