Back Pages Tuesday's Back Pages - 22 images

Boyd scored every chance he got obviously. He’s such a bore.
As Mark Hateley famously said, with Boyd in the team it's like a goal of a start and then playing the rest of the match with 10 men.

It took Boyd a long time to score for Rangers against Celtc so he knows what it's like.

A slow day for news for SMSM so they've all jumped on the Boyd comments. ( Can't be a coincidence that they've all done it )

I love how Graeme McGarry assumes everybody is well-versed in Ebbe Skovdahl's quote about statistics, so much so he doesn't feel the need to share it.

Boyd comments aren't anything extraordinary tbh. It's what the vast majority are thinking.

Thanks Mark they cunts got through on Saturday with dodgy ref and boyd gives them a headline to get it out the papers,

Boyd was a tremendous natural goalscorer, but couldn't be utilised in games where 11 men were needed to work hard.
Dessers may be limited, but lack of work rate is not something we need to worry about. 19 goals so far from a guy who started the season as badly as Dessers did is not a bad return, he's scored a few important ones as well.

I love how Graeme McGarry assumes everybody is well-versed in Ebbe Skovdahl's quote about statistics, so much so he doesn't feel the need to share it.

Boyd comments aren't anything extraordinary tbh. It's what the vast majority are thinking.
Probably considered too sexist to print these days.

Statistics are like mini-skirts .. they give you good ideas but hide the most important parts.

Boyd was a tremendous natural goalscorer, but couldn't be utilised in games where 11 men were needed to work hard.
Dessers may be limited, but lack of work rate is not something we need to worry about. 19 goals so far from a guy who started the season as badly as Dessers did is not a bad return, he's scored a few important ones as well.
Dessers isn't a natural goal scorer or a hard worker so Boyd is one up on him. When Boyd played we won leagues and cups and got to a Euro final so maybe work rate was something we didn't need to worry about then. I'd say a hard work rate is def required now, every team we play uses theirs to make up for less talent. Even the team from P@rkhead use players work rate to advantage against our slower movement in defence and midfield.

Back