Tuesday's Champions League & other football

Normally the booking occurs if the crowd surge forward, or on to the trackside. It's more of a safety thing than to prevent celebrations.

I'd have sent him off though so my bet came in!

Correct. It's not an automatic booking as some think it is.

Mbappe should've been off.

Here is the wording. What part of this should he be booked for? I've only watched the penalty celebration and it's not a booking. Assume from your posts the celebrations were similar?

Imo it's a sad day when we are wanting guys booked for enjoying a goal of that magnitude with his own supporters, in the biggest club competition on earth but, regardless of that, he was within the rules anyway.

CELEBRATION OF A GOAL

Players can celebrate when a goal is scored, but the celebration must not be excessive; choreographed celebrations are not encouraged and must not cause excessive time-wasting.

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence but players should return as soon as possible.

A player must be cautioned, even if the goal is disallowed, for:

climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which causes safety and/or security issues

gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way

covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item

removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt

I reckon the two La Liga clubs will go through.

Main games on TV:

20:00
Barcelona v PSG
UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
TNT Sports 1/TNT Sports Ultimate

Borussia Dortmund v Atlético Madrid
UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
TNT Sports 2

Southampton v Preston North End
English Championship
Sky Sports Main Event/Sky Sports Football/Sky Sports Ultra HDR

More info about TV games:

Scores/fixtures:
Hope you didn’t put money on it.

Correct. It's not an automatic booking as some think it is.

Here is the wording. What part of this should he be booked for? I've only watched the penalty celebration and it's not a booking. Assume from your posts the celebrations were similar?

Imo it's a sad day when we are wanting guys booked for enjoying a goal of that magnitude with his own supporters, in the biggest club competition on earth but, regardless of that, he was within the rules anyway.

CELEBRATION OF A GOAL

Players can celebrate when a goal is scored, but the celebration must not be excessive; choreographed celebrations are not encouraged and must not cause excessive time-wasting.

Leaving the field of play to celebrate a goal is not a cautionable offence but players should return as soon as possible.

A player must be cautioned, even if the goal is disallowed, for:

climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which causes safety and/or security issues

gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way

covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item

removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt

Fair dos, it's just something you see all the time.

Gundogan should've had a penalty. The PSG boy's left thigh clips Gundogan as he's already past him.

Rio & Crouch saying he didn't have any intent. Honest to %^*& man. Kenny Miller and Neil McCann were banging on about there being no intent in recent decisions in our games. Intent is irrelevant - surely they know this?

Gundogan should've had a penalty. The PSG boy's left thigh clips Gundogan as he's already past him.

Rio & Crouch saying he didn't have any intent. Honest to %^*& man. Kenny Miller and Neil McCann were banging on about there being no intent in recent decisions in our games. Intent is irrelevant - surely they know this?
That was never a penalty in a million years mate and nothing like the red card at all.

I love the daft viral clips but had to mute it when I was watching in CA last week. The constant explosions of laughter are literally migraine inducing.

I'm amazed Ray Hudson is still in a prominent commentary gig over there, forcing the same laboured metaphors and similies from a decade ago no less.
If you have an accent and can identify a football, you've got a chance of a job in football commentary over here. That idiot Tommy Smythe is still kicking about some places. I'd like to stick that moron in a fucking onion bag.

I think Hudson thinks his patter is somehow going to get him in a commentary hall of fame. It's ridiculous use of as many words as he can stick into a ridiculous description of what we've all just watched.
I think most Americans probably think those are real football cliches that are used somewhere, other than in Hudson's head.

I didn't watch the game mate, will catch highlights tomorrow. The celebration law is one that's always misconstrued. It doesn't help when some of the officials are wildly inconsistent with it though. I remember a couple seasons back Sterling scored an injury time goal for Man City and was sent off, because their fans spilled onto the track and pitch. He had ran towards them and it was deemed a safety issue. I thought it was bollocks at the time. Their fans were going to do that regardless. Bit of common sense was needed.

That tonight definitely isn't a booking. Game is fucked enough as it is.

Yes. It’s just a box, a player could be running toward his own goalie and get penalty. It’s a bit daft.
That was a stupid tackle from Cancelo how should that be awarded as a freekick in the box when you get penalties for ridiculous handballs etc.?

Point proven again.
Paramount just had Luis Enrique on for a live post game interview. Guy just managed PSG past Barcelona to the CL semi-finals and they spent 5 minutes shouting about how Micah Richards picked against them. Zero discussion about the game.

Channel changed. Idiots!

The Bolton draw is a brilliant result for Derby. One win from two games (last against relegated Carlisle) should see the Rams back in the Championship :cool:

Back