Two years ago today - we reached the Europa League Final

Loved it walking about sweating out my tits. I did manage to get as much beer and water at the game since I was at the TV stadium!

In all seriousness though, it was heartbreaking. I was in the stadium in Manchester and deep down we all knew.there was no chance. Whereas, in Seville we should've done it. Really gutting.
In Glasgow?!

For me what's hard to believe is how much we've regressed as a club in the two years since then.

The income accrued from that European run + the sales of Patterson and Bassey should have secured our domestic dominance in the short-term and could have been a platform to really build from in the long-term.

Once again, like after 55, it seems like the board sat on their haunches while the world has moved past us.

Missed out on a home game ticket,wasn't quick enough on the Mygers sale.
Spent all day at work logging in online to see if anymore had somehow been released,resigned myself at 5.30pm that I wasn't going.Been telling folks in work it was going to be something special, but even I didn't think it would have topped the Kiev or Parma games that I had attended.
Spine tingling stuff at the final whistle

Unbelievable night, there were no subway loyal leavers that night! Incredible, I'm feeling it followed by a medley as the players made their way round the pitch. I can remember singing with hundreds of others up edmiston drive, then realising that I had 50 quid on us at 4 / 1 to reach the final. Wee guy outside Ibrox selling sombrero's at a fiver a piece sold out in minutes ! What a gamble!

The greatest night or day I’ve had as a supporter.

No title win comes close or will ever come close.

Only winning the tournament itself will surpass that night.

That night was simply incredible. Growing up when we played in the lower divisions I was always told by my Dad, Uncles, cousins and older brother stories about Manchester in 2008 and was always jealous that I’d likely never see that given where we were at that time. When the full time whistle went I had to try my hardest to fight back tears. My dad turned around just afterwards as I sit in the row behind him and said “I fucking told you that you’d see this.”

Probably my favourite ever footballing memory.

I burst out in tears. I remember it so well. That evening will live with me forever. Biggest mistake we made was not kicking on and the knee jerk reaction to sacking GVB. As has been shown, it was the players who lost him his job. A wonderful evening nonetheless.

Back