Type of players we'll be linked with this summer?

Dick Donner

Some experience, some youth.

Hopefully the core is replaced with leaders and experience.

Players we've been linked with before who we could maybe get.

Niklas Dorsch
Auston Trusty
Shon Weissman

No idea if those players are out with our reach or are garbage now.

Just throwing names out and hopefully get some suggestions from others.

I remain convinced that based on his Brugge team a good few years back we are going to see a bunch of random African wide forwards who are all like shit of a shovel, direct and shoot from everywhere. I’d swear that team played games at 100mph and had a team of real live wires who were ludicrously quick with or without the ball.

Hopefully some Scottish players, so badly missed
Been lacking for way way to long we need people who can get us through a title challenge. Not sure who they are but also massively disappointed in how depleted we have been through injury and with the exception of mcausland who isn't a kid by the way or scottish no youngsters have been close to an inclusion or contribution to the first team

I remain convinced that based on his Brugge team a good few years back we are going to see a bunch of random African wide forwards who are all like shit of a shovel, direct and shoot from everywhere. I’d swear that team played games at 100mph and had a team of real live wires who were ludicrously quick with or without the ball.
I hope ur right.
A couple of African centre backs who are quick and built like a house wouldnot go amiss , I don’t actually care if they can’t pass and start attacks from the back as long as they can defend I’d be happy.

Mentioned this earlier but:

A whole new mentality has to be ingrained on the club. From the top to the stands.

We need to hope the new recruitment set up has specific ideas in mind.

Ideally an emphasis on signing players with experience over the course in terms of winning trophies.

Not asking for EPL, La Liga winners, but identifying players at clubs with track record of success be it in Scandinavia, Austria etc

And look toward young players with a grounding in an elite winning environment, so the environment they are coming into is not alien to them.

Agreed, he has already brought in Diomande. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of Colombians as well. Clement referenced previous Colombians saying he likes their profiles when we signed Cortes.

I think we may finally try to move away from being a hospice for failed footballers, signing guys who were in poor form hoping to turn it around has been a bewildering model.

Sign players who have a career on the up.

The aim has to be following teams across Europe who develop the best young talents, we aren't even attempting that.

Mentioned this earlier but:

A whole new mentality has to be ingrained on the club. From the top to the stands.

We need to hope the new recruitment set up has specific ideas in mind.

Ideally an emphasis on signing players with experience over the course in terms of winning trophies.

Not asking for EPL, La Liga winners, but identifying players at clubs with track record of success be it in Scandinavia, Austria etc

And look toward young players with a grounding in an elite winning environment, so the environment they are coming into is not alien to them.
I think it's safe to say we'll be shopping nowhere near the English market from now on from what I've heard.

Hopefully injury free ones who have the heart for the fight. If they can actually play football then its a bonus.

Cortes on a season loan with option to buy, and a Centre half who doesn't shit the bed when he gets pressed and doesn't have a toblerone shaped head so we can actually be a threat at corners.
Oh and Sima, that's a solid start.
The rest will be based on offloading Davies, Wright, Hagi, Lowry, Dowell, Lammers which should give us a better than expected kitty

In the end there are so many ways to build a team and have success and I don't think even in Scotland you have to be one certain thing to win this league. However, what it needs is a clear plan and model which shapes the players we are pursuing. A proper footballing and tactical identity would go a long way and then already, purely by default of having so much more resources than all but one team in this league, we would be able to confidently collect our points regularly against everyone bar Celtc.

Hopefully, players with hunger, desire and appetite to win trophies would be nice.

Probably gonna get hate for this but I'm starting to warm to the idea of signing Shankland, A Rangers man who scores goals and has 1 year left on his current deal and is coming into his prime years and shouldn't be out of our price range.

Would look at Barron on a free too.

Maybe even Armstrong from Killie to add to the Scottish blood in the team and an actual RW.

Would expect us to sign that Left back from Brazil Jefte I think was his name.

From the fans forum it sounds like Mr Koppen has identified targets for next season let's hope we get our recruitment right for once this summer.

Some experience, some youth.

Hopefully the core is replaced with leaders and experience.

Players we've been linked with before who we could maybe get.

Niklas Dorsch
Auston Trusty
Shon Weissman

No idea if those players are out with our reach or are garbage now.

Just throwing names out and hopefully get some suggestions from others.
Hopefully spl or scottish based players that the usual suspects turn their nose up at.

Watson Armstrong Baron Shankland L Miller for starters.

This thread has at least made me laugh with the descriptions of the types of player we need.
For me we need some genuine pace, athleticism and physicality throughout our team. Our team the other night was so slow and one paced and only Sterling and Sima offer any sort of presence.
We also need some proper ball carriers - guys that can comfortably take the ball in and move with pace or trickery - instead of everyone getting it static and simply playing a safe pass.

Thankfully

The appointment of a lead international scout has given me cause for optimism
I know a scout at another club who was chatting to someone from our club and we're pretty much done with that market. They mentioned the difference in wages someone from the championship would want compared to someone in Scandinavian the balkans ect can be up to 10/20% a difference

Hopefully spl or scottish based players that the usual suspects turn their nose up at.

Watson Armstrong Baron Shankland L Miller for starters.

I wouldn’t be opposed to this, at least the likes of Shankland, Armstrong and Watson have proved themselves in this league. I’ve got a feeling we’ll turn our noses up though and go for foreign names or more English championship dross.

I know a scout at another club who was chatting to someone from our club and we're pretty much done with that market. They mentioned the difference in wages someone from the championship would want compared to someone in Scandinavian the balkans ect can be up to 10/20% a difference
The signing of Dio gives me hope that we’ll be looking seriously at the Scandi market.

Throwing this one out.....Callum Marshall of West Ham, he had a loan to West Brom recently which didn't go well as the manager didn't want to play him. He's only 19/20 and scored goals for fun for the West Ham u21s and has been in and around the first team squad and also a full NI international. We need someone to put the ball in the net and this kid is good.

There's a few things we need.
Athleticism is a key one.
We need to have players who are comfortable on the ball but not afraid to lose it trying to make an incisive pass.
Dare I say it we need a Furuhashi type that 8/10 times when the ball falls to them in the box you're confident it'll be a goal.
We desperately need to sort our right wing. It's been a problem area for years now.
If we can buy some players with a winning mentality that would be great, but as Man United have shown in Varane and Casimero that won't be enough.

Ultimately though it depends on the manager, what style does he want? Is he a long ball manager as we've been watching? Or is he simply using the tools he has?

It is just better recruitment we need.

People saying to stay away from England, two of our most valuable assets that we sold both came from there and brought in a lot of money.

we do need more players with experience and strong mentality, winners if you will.

I don`t necessarily mean 35 year old veterans, some younger players have that mentality despite their age.

I also think we need to ensure everyone we sign has no apparent injury risk and can play at least play part so we can rotate more effectively.

The amount of players we`ve had on good wages over the last few years who have contributed little for one reason or another is scandalous.

Hopefully some good quality players, a reliable goal scoring striker. Some good midfielders, some good defenders. Not asking for a lot.

Back