Type of players we'll be linked with this summer?

We need to sign players who have win trophies consistently. Problem is, these players cost money and not sure how far the board will go with a transfer budget.

Been lacking for way way to long we need people who can get us through a title challenge. Not sure who they are but also massively disappointed in how depleted we have been through injury and with the exception of mcausland who isn't a kid by the way or scottish no youngsters have been close to an inclusion or contribution to the first team
David Watson from Kilmarnock should be signed

Anyone know anything about a player called Bella Kotchamp or cotchap (I couldn't hear the pronunciation properly)? Playing golf today at La Moraleja and got talking to some people who mentioned they work in football and that both us and Galatasary are interested. Apparently knows Koppen?

Anyone know anything about a player called Bella Kotchamp or cotchap (I couldn't hear the pronunciation properly)? Playing golf today at La Moraleja and got talking to some people who mentioned they work in football and that both us and Galatasary are interested. Apparently knows Koppen?
He's worth 20m minimum.

Some of the new players just need to be fit and available to be an improvement to what we currently have. Look at CB for example, going into a season with Souttar, Davies and Balgun as one of our 1st choice starters, all 3 have history of missing large chunks of games. Goldson is in decline but atleast he keeps fit. We need a solid base to build from. Hopefully 2 good CB's and a LB are signed up. Tav amd Sterling can fight it out for RB.

Guys like Jack, Roofe, Davies Borna being replaced with players who are able to play will help the squad big time. Too many wasted wages on guys like this. Imagine we actually had 2 players for each position. A fit striker, a fit CDM, a fit CB and a Lb that can still play would be huge for us at the moment

Forgetting those two who do you feel competes at the moment
I'd give pass marks to Sterling, Yilmaz, Sima, Souttar (his limitations aren't due to lack of physicality) and at a push Cantwell. Diomande has looked fairly robust and should get stronger, and there's hope for McCausland too.

Dessers has improved physically but we need more. I think Goldson is done, one-on-one duels were never Tav's strength, and we need an upgrade on Lundstram, who blows hot and cold.

The problem for me is that a lack of physicality and athleticism in the really key central areas leaves us with a soft belly. Just sick of watching our midfield get outfought by them in particular, but also at times by guys like Shinnie and Cammy Devlin.

I suppose the ideal mix is a team of young talents like Diomande, Cortes, Sima, Sterling, etc, supported by a peppering of older pros with a background of winning titles and cups.

Who that is I’ll leave others to speculate, but one thing’s for sure - we can’t afford another botched summer transfer window.

Koppen is gonna be all over his contacts with guys we've never heard of, I just really hope we pull the trigger and pay the fee for Lennon Miller. He's 17, physically ready and will only improve as a footballer and has all the makings of a really sellable asset.

But I fear they won't give a shit about Scottish players.

Cutthroat bastards who’d run over the top of a pram with their child in it to stop/make/score a goal.

giphy.gif

To the clown who laughed at this post, why is that so funny? It’s actually very fair comment.
I'm not sure what peoplethink at times and don't realise is that we need players that have been trained at association and club level to have full euro squad.

We don't have that we are straight away reliant on certain players it then impacts so plays in other games.

Reckon you'd be around £12 - £15m before add ons AND wages! And not a centre back between them!
Sima is a must to make permanent!
Even if we had £22m to spend you'd be disappointed with that business
I think Sima will be too expensive bearing in mind the rebuild we need.

He's got a passing resemblance to one of our ex-players after a diet.
Make you think. B-D

images

Reading up on him he cost Southampton 11m in 2022, signed on a 4 year deal. The same year he signed he dislocated his shoulder twice. This season he's been on loan at PSV, who paid a 2m loan fee, and has only made 4 appearances, suffering another shoulder injury in October which was longer term than the previous two injuries. He has since only made 3 appearances, all for their reserve side. I would have guessed Southampton might want to cut their losses with him if it weren't for the fact he's a German international and value of the loan fee they have already received.

Edit: 6'3, strong, pacy centre back.

Reading up on him he cost Southampton 11m in 2022, signed on a 4 year deal. The same year he signed he dislocated his shoulder twice. This season he's been on loan at PSV, who paid a 2m loan fee, and has only made 4 appearances, suffering another shoulder injury in October which was longer term than the previous two injuries. He has since only made 3 appearances, all for their reserve side. I would have guessed Southampton might want to cut their losses with him if it weren't for the fact he's a German international and value of the loan fee they have already received.

So, player from the English Championship who's been dogged by serious injury, has hardly played recently and is looking to rebuild his career. Hmmm...

So, player from the English Championship who's been dogged by serious injury, has hardly played recently and is looking to rebuild his career. Hmmm...
To be fair he did sign and only play for them when they were in the Premier League, not the championship, and has since been on loan to PSV who have had a phenomenal season domestically and in Europe. He's had 2 caps for Germany since 2022, is 22yo, 6'3, physical and pacy. The exact type of centre back we've been crying out for. If not for the massive red flag of constant shoulder injuries he'd be way out of our reach and given PSV paid 2m as a loan fee I would still say that was the case. He is a very good player.

To be fair he did sign and only play for them when they were in the Premier League, not the championship, and has since been on loan to PSV who have had a phenomenal season domestically and in Europe. He's had 2 caps for Germany since 2022, is 22yo, 6'3, physical and pacy. The exact type of centre back we've been crying out for. If not for the massive red flag of constant shoulder injuries he'd be way out of our reach and given PSV paid 2m as a loan fee I would still say that was the case. He is a very good player.
"Massive red flag of constant shoulder injuries" but you forgot to add knee injury into the bargain. I'm out.

Some experience, some youth.

Hopefully the core is replaced with leaders and experience.

Players we've been linked with before who we could maybe get.

Niklas Dorsch
Auston Trusty
Shon Weissman

No idea if those players are out with our reach or are garbage now.

Just throwing names out and hopefully get some suggestions from others.
Depends who we can sell on.
First!

Connor Barron i think will be announced as soon as the season finishes

Dolly had to turn down £500k for him in january, the only reason i can think of is he has a pre contract with us, if he had signed for anyone else it would have been announced
I wouldn't have thought it would get as far as a team bidding for him if he had agreed a pre contract with someone else. You'd think Aberdeen would have told Swansea that he had agreed a move to go somewhere in the summer.

Pleased with what I’ve seen in Cortes and Diomande but red flags regarding whoever thought Silva was a good idea. This worries me, especially now that we will be working with very little budget now that these losers have handed the scum life changing amounts of money that will probably put them out of sight for a very long time.

Shankland and barron will be here next season I recogn with some African players. Regardless how this season goes. Clement always needed a full summer and I recogn the current squad know this that's wy theirs a drop off In performances

Shankland and barron will be here next season I recogn with some African players. Regardless how this season goes. Clement always needed a full summer and I recogn the current squad know this that's wy theirs a drop off In performances
I can't see Shankland being the sort of striker we target in the summer. A big, powerful striker with pace is who we'll be looking for, imo.

Recurring shoulder injuries are a worry.

We've been linked to South Americans and just brought in a new lead international scout with a tracked record signing from that region thats where I'd bet we are signing from

Pleased with what I’ve seen in Cortes and Diomande but red flags regarding whoever thought Silva was a good idea. This worries me, especially now that we will be working with very little budget now that these losers have handed the scum life changing amounts of money that will probably put them out of sight for a very long time.

I think to be fair, Silva was the same sort of profile as the other two. Young, energetic, a bit of pace. Unfortunately we have had to play him on left forward position too much and not really seen him through the middle much.

Any future transfers should be sat down and made to watch the 9 in a row sides and be asked……

Are you willing to fight for every ball and fight to win every game. Do you understand the task involved with playing for Rangers and what’s expected etc etc.

Then as part of their medical stick them in a 7 a side game vs Legendary Rangers hard men and see how they fair.

Pass that test……. Sign them.
Bit far fetched but something along the lines of strong mentality and a passion would do me!!

I think to be fair, Silva was the same sort of profile as the other two. Young, energetic, a bit of pace. Unfortunately we have had to play him on left forward position too much and not really seen him through the middle much.

Clement wanted a proper forward in and Batshuayi was his man imo. That didn't work out, so we went for Silva. It just isn't working out for numerous reasons.

We need to get the spine of the team sorted. Never mind wingers or fullbacks unless we sell them or deals for Sima and Cortes are too good to pass up.

If Goldson stays we need a pacey LCB, similar to Bassey that allows to pay further up and still have recovery pace.

We need a proper six that is press resistant and another box to box.

Most important is a striker who is lethal that can rotate with Danilo.
peter-capaldi-what-the-hell.gif

Mentioned this earlier but:

A whole new mentality has to be ingrained on the club. From the top to the stands.

We need to hope the new recruitment set up has specific ideas in mind.

Ideally an emphasis on signing players with experience over the course in terms of winning trophies.

Not asking for EPL, La Liga winners, but identifying players at clubs with track record of success be it in Scandinavia, Austria etc

And look toward young players with a grounding in an elite winning environment, so the environment they are coming into is not alien to them.
I think this is more than half the battle at the moment.

I would like to complement these sorts of signings with an overall improvement on physicality. When Clement came in he said he wanted us to the the strongest and fittest mentally and physically. For all the good technicians we supposedly have in the squad, they are lightweight. An overall improvement in height and speed helps to counter a lot of the problems we seem to face domestically

Back