UK football stadiums that have hotel rooms overlooking the pitch

mdingwall

Administrator
I’ve actually spent a night I one - at Huddersfield’s ground.

Where else is there?

Spent a couple of nights in one at Upton Park. A novelty, but pretty underwhelming.

Reading has a massive hotel attached to the stadium. Unsure what the view would be though

Reading has a massive hotel attached to the stadium. Unsure what the view would be though
You cannot see the pitch from any of the rooms in the hotel at Reading.

If you want breakfast with the opposition then they usually stay at the Hilton that is a 10 minute walk from the ground

Chelsea ? Stayed their years ago not sure about views of stadium from rooms. Ranieri was being interviewed in lobby is about my only memory of it.

I stayed in the Blackpool one when the stand behind the goal was missing / getting rebuilt.

Must have between 2006-2010.

It would have been a nice view if there was a game to watch!

I've stayed in the Ricoh (Coventry) and MK Dons. On the hotel level at MK Dons you can walk around the entire ring of the stadium. On check in one of the event staff we were working with came out the lift and turned left looking for her room. After walking round the whole stadium she found her room about 10 metres from the lift if she had turned right
B-)

That Bolton one.

I could see myself sitting there in my Ys on the edge of the bed brushing my teeth while also keeping one eye on Real Deal re-runs up on the telly.

Maybe have a complimentary biscuit, a herbal tea and then try and take a nap in the second half?
Stayed there myself at a wedding once. Banging the wife (my own, not the bride) while overlooking the then Reebok Stadium certainly ticked one off the bucket list.

Hearts one just opened?
I was at a work event there on Tuesday.

It's quite decent tbh, even has Molton Brown products in the toilets.

I'm not sure if the rooms actually overlook the pitch as we were in a function suite, and when I asked to get some pics I was taken out into the Main Stand.

Parking is an issue.

Not a hotel but Partick Thistle have got what looks like a student accommodation looking right on the park. It’s probably who make their half time quinoa.

Not football but I stayed in a Marriott at Twickenham stadium once, sure it advertised that some rooms had a view/access to the ground

Leyton Orient has flats in the corners.

That's brilliant I love it.

Imagine on a Saturday having pals over, get the blade bought and pints flowing along with pies at half time.

Shame I would be watching the famous instead tho :D

I’ve stayed in the Blackpool hotel, had room at back of the stand / looking onto the pitch , sadly no games on when I was there , just groundsman doing some pitch maintenance

The novelty factor of staying there made it worth the price , handy location
Unless it’s changed, you couldn’t book into a room overlooking the pitch on match days until after the final whistle.

Not football but Headingly cricket ground the boxes are turned into hotel rooms when no games on, sliding doors and seats straight outside the room.
Stayed last year bizarre set up.

Stayed at Telford years ago and room had a view of the pitch. Was there on Wednesday and they have roofed behind the goal blocking the view.
Great support btw. A lot of our songs but no sash :-(

Back