Union Bears left the stadium right on full time

I ended up taking my seat off seat sub yesterday morning and going to the game. I left at 2-0 down. I make absolutlely no apology for that. I am just totally and utterly pissed off this season. Whoopie do we came back and scored 5 in a meaningless dead rubber end of season game. Why not do it 2 weeks ago when it still mattered

Not the UB biggest fan but see nothing wrong with what they done last night. Players have let us down time and time this season. It was a dignified way to show their utter disgust at this season. Better than standing shouting abuse or booing.

Don't have a problem with what the UB's did, they are quite right. Why clap those useless imposters off the park.
Because some of those guys will have played their last game at Ibrox where they have won a title and had many a good performance and good euro nights. Been decent servants and deserve a bit of appreciation.
Still, if the self entitled want to leave early in disgust - leave them to it. They are 0.001% of our support but think they are running the show.

Don't get how it's attention seeking tbh.

As has been said throughout the thread, they watched the 90 minutes, then left. Nothing extraordinary there.

Because some of those guys will have played their last game at Ibrox where they have won a title and had many a good performance and good euro nights. Been decent servants and deserve a bit of appreciation.
Still, if the self entitled want to leave early in disgust - leave them to it. They are 0.001% of our support but think they are running the show.
What about the thousands that turned their back on the team and didn't turn up because we aren't winning the league? Are they self entitled supporters?

Well done,its how we are all feeling.Not that this bunch of losers would give a toss.

Never read the fulll thread but people moaning about them leaving is a shambles. Why not have a go at the ones who didn’t show up or leave at 45. Fair play to the UB for another dedicated season. Like them or not. They are dedicated

Mental people are saying things like better rangers teams finished second and we just beat Dundee , people are slowly starting to accept second place and looking for small positives such as a good second half etc

We are about to be overtaking as Scotland most successful club if the trend keeps going but aye everyone happy we came back against Dundee batter on clapping and cheering

The UB have more than done their bit this season (as they do every campaign) through some turgid performances.

It’s not attention-seeking. It’s actually an appropriate means of demonstrating their frustrations with the way we’ve thrown this title away.

No complaints from this Bear.

Exactly the right thing to do, well done UBs.

A tone deaf move by anyone taking a lap after the recent capitulation and going through the motions just because other clubs do this makes it all the worse.

If they really wanted to do something notable it would've been to stay inside and later the Manager says they didn't feel it appropriate under the circumstances but they're determined to win the cup.

That would've meant something.

Another opportunity to do the right thing missed.

Cause they think it’s all about them.
Rangers supporters group backs the team for 90 minutes and leaves the ground after the final whistle, shock.

They’re quite right, we chucked the league this season and it’s our own doing. They travel all over domestic and in Europe and aren’t happy with how we’ve finished this season. It’s not as if we’ve narrowly missed out in clinching the title down to the wire. I see no issues.

Sometimes we're going to have to accept 2nd in a 2 horse race. They gonna spit the dummy every time
That’s wild. Given how often we’ve finished second I don’t think it’s unreasonable that fans are fed up without being accused of spitting dummy.

Young players will know it’s not aimed at them, they were given good receiption when they came on and for their positive play.

The rest I couldn’t care less what they think. They’ve been given plenty of support ahead of finals etc in the past and they’ve failed miserably, so can’t blame support for that one.

Won’t be judging any fan for what they chose to do last night, I left bang on FT whistle as well and was hoping everyone did tbh. But if people don’t like doing that fair enough.

Don't get how it's attention seeking tbh.

As has been said throughout the thread, they watched the 90 minutes, then left. Nothing extraordinary there.
Because they wait at the end of every game to acclaim the players & manager ........

It's different when the club have a trophy or a player takes 1 of their flags shouting " I make no apologies "

Absolutely no problem with it given I done the exact same thing. Why do some of these players deserve a final clap round Ibrox, if they win the cup they’ll get a nice send off.

It's different when the club have a trophy

Of course it is. That's what it boils down to. Ultimately this group have nowhere near enough of them.

The players won't be blaming anyone but themselves for not getting the heroes send-off.

Don't understand how many people aren't getting this. I said on a thread earlier in the week that the leadership group have bred mediocrity and an acceptance of 2nd best into the club.

Standing applauding a team that at the start of the season were abysmal and then when the going gets tough again bottle another league title. Clapping them off after once again they let us down. Some of the same chuck the towel in once again.

I've been one in years gone by to stand and applaud them as they done their "lap of honour". There is no honour in sh1tting the bed once again and handing another league title to them. I'm just totally done with this team now and their acceptance of 2nd best. I stayed til the very last kick of the ball last night because I love Rangers. I want to see Rangers win every game they play but I am totally done with the basis of this group of players and clapping them at the end didn't feel right to me at all.

Whether you like it or not the Union Bears follow us through thick and thin bringing atmosphere and colour to games home, away and abroad. They are the only visual group in the stadium. Very rarely do they show any displeasure during the game and back the team throughout. They have every right to show the players that are leaving that what they served up after that became clear fell massively short of what is expected and it tells those who will be staying that no longer will it be accepted and not before time.

Don't understand how many people aren't getting this. I said on a thread earlier in the week that the leadership group have bred mediocrity and an acceptance of 2nd best into the club.

Standing applauding a team that at the start of the season were abysmal and then when the going gets tough again bottle another league title. Clapping them off after once again they let us down. Some of the same chuck the towel in once again.

I've been one in years gone by to stand and applaud them as they done their "lap of honour". There is no honour in sh1tting the bed once again and handing another league title to them. I'm just totally done with this team now and their acceptance of 2nd best. I stayed til the very last kick of the ball last night because I love Rangers. I want to see Rangers win every game they play but I am totally done with the basis of this group of players and clapping them at the end didn't feel right to me at all.

Whether you like it or not the Union Bears follow us through thick and thin bringing atmosphere and colour to games home, away and abroad. They are the only visual group in the stadium. Very rarely do they show any displeasure during the game and back the team throughout. They have every right to show the players that are leaving that what they served up after that became clear fell massively short of what is expected and it tells those who will be staying that no longer will it be accepted and not before time.
They are an easy target for many of our support. I can’t understand it. Plenty of other people had left early and dead on 90 for the same reasons probably.

We did, by losing at Home to Motherwell Away to Ross County and drawing with Dundee all recently. They are teams who we have more quality than and we bottled it.

That's football though. We hardly led the league for any length of time and at one point were 7 points behind. We took 1 point from 12 in the old firm games.

It was never at any point out of Celtics hands.

We weren't good enough and the better team won the league mate. This wasn't some sort of ridiculous capitulation from one hand on the trophy.

Last edited:
They didn’t leave early, they left after final whistle.

GLASGOW RANGERS
GLASGOW RANGERS
WE'LL SUPPORT YOU EVERMORE*
WE'LL SUPPORT YOU EVERMORE*

*Unless you don't win the league, then we reserve the right to withdraw our support, so in reality the previous words sung were a bit of a fib.
This group of players who have let us down time and time again, don’t deserve our support.

Those serial bottlers deserve absolutely nothing.

We put in a performance eventually when there is no pressure as we’ve fucked it previously. The chances of these players putting on a performance when under pressure in say a cup final will unfortunately be very different!

I stayed and applauded the team, some do deserve an applaud, but I have no problem with anyone deciding to leave after watching the team yet again shite it when it matters! No wonder Rodgers mouths off, he knows there is a core in this team who don’t have the stomach for it, doesn’t matter the manager! Clement needs to clear out or he is out!

I gave them a respectful clap because they’re Rangers players, had a good win , some young players on the park who haven’t had any minutes. No one cheered or booed or went over the top , just a clap and cheerio to some players for the last time. Some of the UB have been watching Rangers for 5 minutes. They can decide how they support Rangers the way they choose. So will I.

Last edited:
Good on the Union Bears. Ibrox would be a morgue without them and no matter what they do, there’s always fans criticising. Had they decided to boycott it like thousands of other ST holders they’d have been criticised but instead they turned up and backed the team during the game

They’re entitled to do as they see fit and by leaving bang on full time it sent a message and got people talking. Job done. The players and management will have got the message

Literal glory-hunting and sing when we're winning entitlement.
To be honest, the were singing some dreary tripe when we were 0-2 down.

I've no issue with the 'protest', they weren't the only ones who left.

Totally hypocritical applauding this team after some of the garbage we've endured this season.

The players need a few home truths telling and that the fans are rightfully pissed off with another failed league campaign

Back