Utd v City being a repeat of last seasons final

George Gillespie was in goal for Queens Park in both matches.
He is in the Gallant Pioneers picture, played as a defender in our first ever Scottish Cup final in 1877. He then played again in our next final in 1879, but had switched to goalkeeper by then.

Another wee stat is that a player called Jim Forrest scored for Blackburn in both matches.

Hasn’t happened in a while. Blackburn v Queens Park are the last two teams to compete in back to back finals in 1884 and 1885.

I said to the mancger poster the other day I thought it was history in the making. Obviously not.

But Man City winning would be a first I'd imagine, two back to back League and FA Cup dbls.

He is in the Gallant Pioneers picture, played as a defender in our first ever Scottish Cup final in 1877. He then played again in our next final in 1879, but had switched to goalkeeper by then.

Another wee stat is that a player called Jim Forrest scored for Blackburn in both matches.
Great knowledge that. :))

I’m sure that Netflix program was set around about this time. Can’t recall what it was called however.

I said to the mancger poster the other day I thought it was history in the making. Obviously not.

But Man City winning would be a first I'd imagine, two back to back League and FA Cup dbls.
Sure I heard them say on Talksport that’s never been done before. So a domestic treble, the treble last season, first team to win back to back doubles and possibly the first team to win four EPL’s on the spin.

Wonder how much Pep has left to do at City?

Never been done. I was surprised to learn that Liverpool have only ever won the double once.

PS City need to win the league first!

Never been done. I was surprised to learn that Liverpool have only ever won the double once.

Liverpool took til 1965 to win their first F.A. Cup.Ive seen 43 out of 51 of Liverpool's major trophies in my lifetime.
Only missed 1 FA Cup and seven league titles.

Yup, and I hope they do.

In the 20th century:

Spurs 60/61
Arsenal 70/71
Liverpool 85/86
Man Utd 95/96
Man Utd 98/99

Since then Man City have done it twice. Last season and a few years ago when they did the domestic treble.

Don't think Arsenal have done it again.

Yup, and I hope they do.

In the 20th century:

Spurs 60/61
Arsenal 70/71
Liverpool 85/86
Man Utd 95/96
Man Utd 98/99

Since then Man City have done it twice. Last season and a few years ago when they did the domestic treble.

Don't think Arsenal have done it again.
Man Utd also did it in 93/94.

Dujon Sterling set to be the next player to manage that feat.

That’s what I meant

Amazing how he never won either cup as a player despite playing in two successful teams

I think three ECs would have softened the blow.

Bob Paisley, one of the greatest managers of all time, never won the FA Cup either. Strange Liverpool won three of four LCs in a row under him.

Liverpool took til 1965 to win their first F.A. Cup.Ive seen 43 out of 51 of Liverpool's major trophies in my lifetime.
Only missed 1 FA Cup and seven league titles.
Yes City won the FA cup 66 years before Liverpool eventually did, not bad for a team with no isssstreeee

Fountain of knowledge! Always brilliant mate.

Back