VAR what a lot of absolute nonsense it's turning out to be

WinkieWATP

Liverpool game stopped there for no reason whatsoever.
Stonewall penalty for City last week Chelsea this week neither given.
Wolves and City denied goals that no one in the ground or watching on TV thought anything other than goal.

What a lot of shite VAR is

91sn32Q.jpg

Wolves and City denied goals that no one in the ground or watching on TV thought anything other than goal.

Aye certainly not all it's cracked up to be so far. The ridiculous new handball rule doesn't help either though.

It is too far removed from correcting blatantly wrong decisions, as soon as it goes to a micro level it becomes a negative thing.

Aye certainly not all it's cracked up to be so far. The ridiculous new handball rule doesn't help either though.

But that's the two decisions I've seen them use it for. Last week City denied a clear penalty Chelsea same today yet doesn't get used to award a penalty?

The whole point of the game is to get the ball in the back of the net yet they are making it harder for teams to do just that?

If they can’t make a decision within 30 seconds then the game should continue.

Not a clear and obvious error if it’s longer than that.

Reactions: TQ3
Can't say I'm a fan of the handball rule, but the blatant penalty ignored makes Var absolutely useless and should be binned.

They do appear to be using it more to check if a goal should stand than if there was any infringement on any given attack, but I suppose it's early days and they're still trying to find their way around the use of it.

So far it's not really added to any games as far as I can see, but that's not a reason to just do away with it in a knee jerk reaction.

It may turn out to be a useful addition to the way football is played, if they can achieve a decent balance in the way it's applied.

I am pretty certain that they want VAR to fail. It's not being used by the refs how it should be used.

Using it for unclear errors while letting clear errors get away. Today's Martial penalty was the prime example of that.

I am watching Shalke 04 vs Bayern and a Bayern player on the end of the wall at the free-kick has the ball hit his arm . His arm is not tucked in at his side and there is a fair distance between his arm and body.
VERDICT : No penalty, why ?
It looks like an utter shambles and the standard will vary from country to country.
We will be classed as a third world country for not using this technology.

I am watching Shalke 04 vs Bayern and a Bayern player on the end of the wall at the free-kick has the ball hit his arm . His arm is not tucked in at his side and there is a fair distance between his arm and body.
VERDICT : No penalty, why ?
It looks like an utter shambles and the standard will vary from country to country.
We will be classed as a third world country for not using this technology.

Isn’t this the new handball rules again rather than VAR?

Back