Vitesse Arnhem crowdfunding in bid to play next season

venturablue

Official Ticketer
Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem have launched a crowdfunding campaign in an attempt to raise funds to retain their license and stay in the professional leagues.

Vitesse will be relegated from the Eredivisie for the first time in 35 years after an 18-point deduction for breaches of their licensing conditions and providing incorrect information to authorities.

They must prove they have a financially sustainable future to be allowed to play in the second tier next season.

The funds raised reached 1m euros (£858,000) on Friday, with current and former players donating as well as fans.

Lewis Baker and Matt Miazga, who both played at the club on loan from Chelsea, are among those to have given money.

Striker Wilfried Bony, who joined Swansea from Vitesse in 2013, is another to have donated.

Vitesse's squad have made salary sacrifices to help the cause.

Their captain, another former Chelsea player Marco van Ginkel, said: "It is really bizarre how Vitesse is living at the moment.

"Donations come in from every nook and cranny. Of course, we as a group cannot lag behind."

Sadly this is becoming a weekly thing and I have to say the future does not look good.

This is what happens when people come in with a business outlook only, trying to get a piece of the pie, that only the few are getting.

People running the game at the top, UEFA and FIFA as an example have long forgotten why this game meant so much to so many.

I think well keep seeing more and more famous names , clubs with 100 odd years of history, having these problems. Weve had more to deal with than most. Therell always be mismanaged clubs in football but i hope somehow the sport as a whole can become a bit more sensible/ sustainable in future.

The survival of Vitesse is even more acutely in danger, now that the license committee of the KNVB has taken a proposed decision to revoke the license.

That means that the Arnhem club has been given the gun to the chest even more emphatically. In the short term, it will have to take really big steps forward in the rescue plan, otherwise it will soon be over with the club dating from 1892. After all, without the license to play professional football, a professional club cannot continue. If Vitesse does not come up with the requested securities quickly, the proposed decision could result in a final decision within a month.

In a press explanation of the decision of the licensing committee, three important reasons are mentioned why Vitesse cannot start the new season in the current state. "The bank has terminated the banking relationship and it is extremely uncertain whether Vitesse will have access to a bank account during the (full) 2024/'25 season. The auditor has returned the assignment. Vitesse no longer has an accountant. Risks have been identified that the Sanctions Act and regulations may be violated. The licensing committee demands that these be removed."

The proposed decision on the revocation of the license comes only eleven days after the license committee punished with eighteen points deduction. That was as a result of several violations of the licensing regulations, which resulted in relegation. The explanatory note states that this new decision is not a punishment, but an inevitable decision in view of the progress of the competition. "Vitesse is working on a restructuring plan. However, if Vitesse does not succeed in making that plan work, Vitesse simply cannot participate in the competition in the new season. That is not a punishment, but an inevitable decision because otherwise the continuity of the competition in the new season will be jeopardized."

General manager ad interim Edwin Reijntjes and advisor Paul van der Kraan of Vitesse sat around the table with the license committee in Zeist last Friday and tried to make it clear that a different wind is blowing in Arnhem and also explained how they think they can save Vitesse from ruin.

An important pillar of Vitesse's rescue plan is the WHOA procedure, with which the mountain of debt must be restructured. This was set in motion last week, when the court in Zutphen appointed a restructuring expert. ADO Den Haag and VVV-Venlo have been saved before by means of such a WHOA procedure, but at Vitesse there are still the necessary snags. For example, the judge indicated that he would 'give Vitesse the benefit of the doubt' and the restructuring expert must first make an analysis of whether Vitesse is sufficiently viable after a WHOA procedure before the procedure is continued.

As is so often the case in life, the rescue plan stands or falls with sufficient financial coverage. Even with a successful WHOA, Vitesse needs a lot of money in the short term, but no lenders have yet presented themselves who are willing to guarantee this. The huge claim of Coley Parry, which has already risen to 14.3 million euros, hangs like a huge shadow over the club and scares off potential investors.

It appears from the explanatory memorandum that, with a view to the continuity of the competition in the new season, the licence committee now has no choice but to initiate the process for the revocation of the licence. However, the independent body does give the club the chance to put its house in order. "The license committee wants Vitesse to be given the opportunity to get the restructuring plan in order," the explanation reads. If the proposed decision results in a final decision, Vitesse can still appeal and the club can continue to work on a rescue plan during that appeal procedure.

The guy named in the bolded part seems to be the owner or one of the main investors. Spiv-like social media as well. Sad state of affairs for another club.

ARNHEM - The players of Vitesse, which is threatened in its existence, is also doing its bit to save the club. A crowdfunding campaign launched on Thursday has already raised more than 1,140,000 euros. The enthusiasm among the Arnhem supporters is great to assist the club, but there is also support from the entire Dutch football world for Vitesse, which is struggling with a debt of 18.9 million euros.

The group of players has now also taken an initiative to help the club. Captain Marco van Ginkel indicates that the players will lose their salary. "It's really bizarre how Vitesse is living at the moment. Donations are coming in from every nook and cranny. Of course, we as a group cannot be left behind. That is why we have all decided to make a salary sacrifice towards the club."

This amount will not be added to the crowdfunding, but will ensure that Vitesse will have to incur fewer costs in the next three months. It remains to be seen whether the club will be able to finish the year financially. Vitesse's existence is threatened in several ways after the failed takeover by the American Coley Parry. He is now the largest creditor with a claim of 14.3 million euros, after he had put 10.5 million euros into the club in anticipation of the approval he expected as owner. That amount has now risen to 14.3 million euros due to interest and fines.

Vitesse's license is also in jeopardy. Last week, the licensing committee came to a proposed decision to revoke the license. Vitesse has two weeks to ensure that this is not converted into a final decision. The club has already indicated that it is not expected to achieve this. After that, there is still a possibility of appeal.

Never forget the players that took a wage cut for us in 2012 also. It was never enough to overcome the HMRC shithousery, but they did the right thing to help.

How do you donate to them?

EDIT - looks like the minimum is EUR 100 which might prevent some people from throwing over a tenner or so.

There is an option below to donate a custom amount.

There is an option below to donate a custom amount.
You can amend it to your chosen amount mate. You need your IBAN number from your account to donate. You can get this on your bank statement.
Yeah my mistake/limitations in reading Dutch I suppose.

Are they in a position where money donated would actually save them, or are they in the sort of position we were in with professional scavengers tearing away at whatever they could steal?

Yeah my mistake/limitations in reading Dutch I suppose.

Are they in a position where money donated would actually save them, or are they in the sort of position we were in with professional scavengers tearing away at whatever they could steal?
I have no idea of their situation mate. I have no idea of the politics? I donated £20 as we know better than anyone the fear of losing your club. Also because I’m pished tbh!

I have no idea of their situation mate. I have no idea of the politics? I donated £20 as we know better than anyone the fear of losing your club. Also because I’m pished tbh!
It's one of the things that a lot of people who hate Rangers either argue in bad faith or are completely ignorant about, it wouldn't matter if a Rangers supporting billionaire stepped up when Murray sold to the scum that he did, they were on a carefully planned path to ripping the absolute arse out of us and stealing everything that wasn't physically nailed down - if that. I'll donate the same amount if anyone can help alleviate the concerns I have that it's aiding borderline criminals.

It's one of the things that a lot of people who hate Rangers either argue in bad faith or are completely ignorant about, it wouldn't matter if a Rangers supporting billionaire stepped up when Murray sold to the scum that he did, they were on a carefully planned path to ripping the absolute arse out of us and stealing everything that wasn't physically nailed down - if that. I'll donate the same amount if anyone can help alleviate the concerns I have that it's aiding borderline criminals.
Nailed it brother.

Hell mend the bastards. Our club, The Rangers, will still be winning titles when those rat bastards are burning in hell.

Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem have launched a crowdfunding campaign in an attempt to raise funds to retain their license and stay in the professional leagues.

Vitesse will be relegated from the Eredivisie for the first time in 35 years after an 18-point deduction for breaches of their licensing conditions and providing incorrect information to authorities.

They must prove they have a financially sustainable future to be allowed to play in the second tier next season.

The funds raised reached 1m euros (£858,000) on Friday, with current and former players donating as well as fans.

Lewis Baker and Matt Miazga, who both played at the club on loan from Chelsea, are among those to have given money.

Striker Wilfried Bony, who joined Swansea from Vitesse in 2013, is another to have donated.

Vitesse's squad have made salary sacrifices to help the cause.

Their captain, another former Chelsea player Marco van Ginkel, said: "It is really bizarre how Vitesse is living at the moment.

"Donations come in from every nook and cranny. Of course, we as a group cannot lag behind."
Is there any young gems coming through their academy? Koppen would be the man to have his finger on the pulse, I'm sure £250k for the next Dutch star would help them out a lot.

It’s not a modern football issue is a corruption issue.
The corruption and greed leads to expenditure overtaking income.

Until the governing bodies stop the inflation of salaries and payments to agents and the excess TV deals that support it, it's going to get worse.

Fantastic club and support. Got our Purple Paratroop Regiment scarves when over there this season, continually pay tribute to the Allied servicemen who fought there despite the impact it had on their town which was pretty much evacuated as the Battle didn't work out the way it was hoped. Always have a big Remembrance Service in the town in September, anniversary of the Battle. Worthy of our support if folks are inclined.

Fantastic club and support. Got our Purple Paratroop Regiment scarves when over there this season, continually pay tribute to the Allied servicemen who fought there despite the impact it had on their town which was pretty much evacuated as the Battle didn't work out the way it was hoped. Always have a big Remembrance Service in the town in September, anniversary of the Battle. Worthy of our support if folks are inclined.
Lived in Arnhem for a number of years and my daughter and grand kids
still do. The appreciation from the residents of Arnhem to the veterans is
amazing. Sad to see the recent closure of the Pegasus pub due to the owners Ill health.

The corruption and greed leads to expenditure overtaking income.

Until the governing bodies stop the inflation of salaries and payments to agents and the excess TV deals that support it, it's going to get worse.
They weren't honest with the league about who their owner was, I think that's a pretty big deal.

To be fair - the club and fans put on some shows in tribute to usthe Airborne forces who fought to liberate them in the Battle of Arnhem.

Who can forget their "No bridge too far shirt" from a few years ago, in the Airborne colours, they are a class club, I hope it can be saved.

Back