Walters Statue

Some previous examples of his bronze work.

Should look wonderful.

Should look wonderful.
Overall his work is impressive but looks at the eyes on those statues, they are terrifying. Hopefully he doesn't do that with the eyes on this statue.

Should look wonderful.
That's outstanding work

Should look wonderful.
The Jack Charlton one looks like the real thing

Should look wonderful.
wow safe to safe its going to be amazing.

Should look wonderful.
Those are some mighty fine statutes.

That Jack Charlton one is utterly incredible, it looks lifelike.

Should look wonderful.
Wow !
Outstanding work,
I’m sure Walter will look magnificent in bronze

I'm sure Walter's statue will be of the same quality as the others, which are fantastic.
I'm.sure there will be criticism, however, if the Smith family are happy with the final result and I'm sure they will have been involved throughout the process, then that is ultimately all that matters.

Should look wonderful.
Stunning portfolio of work.

There is one near me in Gravesend of the Queen, it is a thing of beauty that was done by Douglas Jennings.
Walter is in safe hands.

Should look wonderful.
Some stunning work there.

That first one is a great template and would be fitting. Maybe not the cape, but the crown and throne, absolutely! ;)

Tbh, there has been some real honkers unveiled within the football world in recent years. Looks like Rangers have rightly went for quality with this.

Only fitting for such a club great.

I noticed they had started the groundwork for the statue when I was over on Sunday. An area was fenced off between the main stand and NEH.

The quality of Douglas Jennings's sculpture is amazing, it's great that he's been chosen, as you'll expect the statue of 'the great man' to be top drawer. How often have we seen statues of famous people look nothing remotely like the person they're meant to be, however on this front, I don't think anyone will need to worry.

Always feel apprehensive about these kind of statues after seeing some that are truly awful/hilarous

This guy seems to be very good tho

I'm sure Walter's statue will be of the same quality as the others, which are fantastic.
I'm.sure there will be criticism, however, if the Smith family are happy with the final result and I'm sure they will have been involved throughout the process, then that is ultimately all that matters.
If the smith family is happy with it.that really is the only endorsement that counts.

Should look wonderful.
definitely very detailed and impressive work although agree with the other posters about the eyes. just hope they get sir walter's right.

it'll be moving to see him commemorated in something that will last a long long time

Going by the guys work I think this will be a stunning and fitting tribute to Walter.
Would love to see the Gallant Pioneers outside the main doors.

Should look wonderful.

Seeing that there is no worry that it wont be Walter and it would just be like him.

The eyes are the window to the soul. As someone who finds it difficult to draw a straight line with a ruler, I can only assume that any sculptor or artist, who work with stone or bronze, will find it difficult to produce the life sparkle in any of their subjects eyes.

I assume Walter’s family have been consulted throughout the process. If they are happy with the end product, that is all that matters.

Back