We need to do something specific tactically to fight their midfield three

Ryan Jack has been training. He has come in to the fore from nowhere before. It wouldn’t surprise me if he plays and is the trump card.

We have started games against the scum with players who look terrified of them. We will win if we show desire and aggression. Personally, my biggest worry is the team of officials.

Trump card?

Ryan Jack?

He'll get run into the ground, mate
The manager has not giving up on him yet. With game management he might yet be an important factor this season. I doubt it to be honest but we need to try something, the status quo with the current setup is almost definitely 2nd place. He needs to try something to change it.

For me it’s not really the structure of a 4231 that’s the issue, it’s just the way we deploy it - our version of it is sh*te. Last time we were also for too passive and that combined with the gaps between each unit of our team meant we couldn’t press them properly.

I’d feel better come kick-off if he has changed shape, but even if we haven’t It’s our mindset and plan within whatever formation we play that’s important. Force play to the left and then be very agressive to force scales and Taylor into errors. Our wide players need to be far more aggressive out of possession.

There are big calls to be made here. The manager got it badly wrong the last time and he needs to improve in this game.

The manager has not giving up on him yet. With game management he might yet be an important factor this season. I doubt it to be honest but we need to try something, the status quo with the current setup is almost definitely 2nd place. He needs to try something to change it.
I am now convinced you are related to Ryan Jack.

We need to have 3 in the middle (Lunny,Dio and Sterling) if we want any chance of winning at the crime scene.....think back to Gerrard and his success there....we had a midfield of Jack, Davis and Kanara.....it's crucial we win the midfield battle

What is likely to happen;
  • They’ll start at 100 mph.
  • We’ll start slow with Tav trying to calm things down.
  • They’ll target our right side as they usually do.
  • We’ll concede an awful goal.
  • Sterling will start wide right, a total waste of his talents.
  • We’ll make McGregor look like Pirlo.
Hope I’m wrong, but Clement seems reluctant to change. Key for me is shutting down McGregor, Cantwell was woeful at the piggery so either Sterling or Diomande.

I’ve been saying the same as the Op from almost the first time I saw Sterling. An absolute cert to play thru’ the middle. If we all see it, why then doesn’t Clement at least try it? It is so obvious, yet he has persisted with Lundstram and Diomonde and watched us get overrun in midfield against them in the past 2 matches, at least during the first half of both games. I don’t get it. He has to change the formation, preferably to a 433.

Sterling Lun and Dio as a 3

Silva dessers mcausland up top .

Lacks creativity but gives us more fight imo

They have not dominated recent games , they have in fact dominated less in recent games than ourselves . They have however been more clinical.
That's where we need to improve
Even their game on Saturday was similar and it’s where they’re better than us if we’re honest. They could have been 2 down, weren’t in the game and by 25 mins they’re 2 up out of nowhere. Our game? We start well, go a goal down have 40 shots on goal and huff and puff.

Back