Official Welcome to Rangers - Jose Cifuentes

Master Cifu!

200w.gif

Fantastic news. Just need to sign a really reliable centre back and I will be very optimistic for the new season.

English diddy club with to much money or Rangers?
I personally love the rise and fall of English clubs. The unfortunate thing about nowadays is chairmen down south don’t give a fck if they are relegated. They take the money and walk.
For example, diddy clubs like Bournemouth and Burnley, and many other clubs down south become richer than us and the filth through promotion and relegation.
Fck that.
Where I live all you could see was Leeds tops last year. Same when they thought they could do us in the 90’s. They disappeared.
Nobody can match us when it comes to attendances. English football is going through the process of eating itself. Attracting supporters that no fck all about their clubs but will pay thousands for a ticket.
Am I on the wrong thread?
I’ve been all round the world with my club. To play for Rangers is an honour. It’s only when they leave they realise how big we are.
I’m in my 60’s now. From Russia to Australia I’ve followed.
We’re bigger than an institution. It’s what separates us from the filth that we unfortunately share a city with. No other club in the world could match our following.
Watching my grandson in Hoffenheim was a pleasure. His wee face will live with me forever.
Apologies for deviating the thread.

I don’t know why, but I’ve been more excited about the arrival of Cifu than anyone else.

I’ve got the feeling he’s the real deal and is a game changer for us.

It might have something to do with this montage because at times it’s just sexy as %^*&!

This is the first time I've ever seen him play.
Going by that he seems to have practically everything in his locker.
Can pass and shoot with both feet, gets great height when jumping for headers which he generally powers into the net, got a keen eye for a pass executed with precision weight, wins tackles with ease, guile and guts when attacking into the opponents half, rapid movement.
This guy will run riot in Scotland, how da fuq did we land him?

This is the first time I've ever seen him play.
Going by that he seems to have practically everything in his locker.
Can pass and shoot with both feet, gets great height when jumping for headers which he generally powers into the net, got a keen eye for a pass executed with precision weight, wins tackles with ease, guile and guts when attacking into the opponents half, rapid movement.
This guy will run riot in Scotland, how da fuq did we land him?
Looks like we’ve absolutely won a watch. Seen a few reports he would cost anywhere up to 10m under contract. Brighton also interested in him last year. Think he’s gonna be the star signing, which is saying a lot when you look at the quality of players brought in.

Good stuff and good luck big fella. Im not sure yet what to expect from him in terms of style of player but hes clearly one the manager was very keen on.

Have high hopes for this lad, it's going to be really interesting to see how a midfield of Raskin, Cantwell and Cifuentes looks.

The song really should be fit into Ecuador, but it's a hard tune. Although AI made a catchy one for Mac Allister so theres the challenge

To think a couple of weeks ago we were salivating over Dessers and Sima,
Now it’s REALLY interesting

And writing off Lammers before he’d kicked a ball

A centre half and left back too much to ask now?

When players leave for big fees it usually means we have been succesfull and the player has had a great season. It's the way the model needs to work.

Sign prospects like Cifuentes and Raskin,
Win trophies and get European runs,
Sell for a big profit,
Look for the next Cifuentes and Raskin.
One season though?
Can we not get some trophies won as a priority?
I’m guessing, due to you not mentioning this in the post I replied to, the winning trophies idea isn’t your priority.
Maybe mentioning the model as priority is smart, sexy and trendy though.
I’ve no interest in going the world champions of the model unless there are the shiny things in the trophy room.
That might seem a tad old fashioned but, that’s just me.

Last edited:
2008-2011 Steven Davis?
I know it's way to early to judge but I reckon we should enjoy him while he's here because I doubt it will be long he looks a proper unit can tackle fast passing scores all sorts and is still young enough to improve

I don’t know why, but I’ve been more excited about the arrival of Cifu than anyone else.

I’ve got the feeling he’s the real deal and is a game changer for us.

It might have something to do with this montage because at times it’s just sexy as %^*&!

Love the amount of pin point through balls he plays.

Over in America just now and been catching up on a lot of footage of him.
Think this boy is the real deal enjoy him while we’ve got him boys.

Dame tu mano,
y venga conmigo,
vámonos al viaje para buscar,
los sonidos mágicos de...
...Ecuador
Ecuador!
Escúchame!

Give me your hand,
And come with me,
Let's go to a journey to search,
For the magic sounds...
...of Ecuador!
Ecuador!
Listen to me!

Get it learned.

We seem overloaded now in midfield, know nothing about this guy tbf.

Wonder will there be any departures now.

I think that was my favourite interview of all the signings so far. He was obviously slowly translating his answers in his head but liked his point about the love from the fans throughout this saga being a key driver/confirmation that this is the place to be. Just needs to hit the ground running and he knows he will be idolised.

The boy looks the real deal by the way!

Hope he brings his top game here, because he’s all action and that’s going to be an impressive addition to the squad if it comes off.

Can’t wait to see Cifu strut his stuff in blue.

I’m viewing him as an upgrade on Kamara. Looks more physical (something it appears Beale has been determined to add this summer) and more box to box but just as good with the ball at his feet and hopefully more of a goal threat

Back