Well done Ross McCusland

He was culpable in us losing both goals. We have to factor that in as well.
First one he was absolutely culpable for. The second not IMO.

He was the only player to react to the short free kick and tried to cover both men, that’s why he wasn’t tight enough to block the cross. If he’d closed down that man, he’d have simply given it back to the free kick taker who himself would have had a free cross. The rest of the team were asleep.

Thought he played a lot more narrow today and it suits him. Sounds like i'm tearing him down when i'm not but i don't think he has the level of pace, dribbling ability or unpredictability to consistently beat fullbacks one v one but he is willing to run into space with the ball and has a good eye for a pass.

He's directly involved in a goal every 232 minutes. For a younger player making the jump from b team to first team i think that's a fairly solid start and hopefully he can continue to develop.

I like him, he cares. He contributed to both Dundee goals but scored and had an assist. Tom English was slagging him off but I think he should play more.

Very poor first half but a much better second half. I would be delighted if he makes it at Rangers, just can’t see it.

Our drop in form seemed to coincide with him being injured. Not saying he is a world beater btw.
He was an integral part of the side that was doing well. Not the finished article but his effort added something.

I'd say losing Sima was more damaging but we missed Ross also.

Ross has been getting it in the neck on here the last couple of days.he stood up when more senior players were going into hiding after it went to 2-0 and dragged us back into that game when he scored his goal.also his fantastic sliding tackle was the catalyst for the equaliser and it got the crowd up.
He was poor at the first goal for Dundee and thereabouts for their second.

I wish the wee man well but he isn’t Rangers standard I’m afraid.

Maintained he is a good footballer, problem he has is his poor physique / lack of strength whilst not being particularly quick. Nice balance about him cutting inside, but ultimately just not an athlete and it’s a problem in the modern game.
I think his physique will be worked on close season. I can see him coming back with more muscle and strength.

Thought he looked more comfortable coming in from the left hand side than he has out on the right for a while
I did too. I also thought Silva looked better on the right. McCausland should work in his composure/finishing over the summer. The defensive side will come I reckon.

I think his physique will be worked on close season. I can see him coming back with more muscle and strength.

Will see what happens, fingers crossed it works out for him. Strength and running power needs to improve for him to make it, particularly in Europe.

His effort tonight was outstanding. The one player you can rely on to track back. Showed great belief to get his goal
I’m genuinely stunned at some of the comments on this thread and this is one of the worst.

We lost goals time and again earlier this season due to him not back tracking! Remember Betis for a start?

Jesus wept!

As said previously he is a trier but he is seriously short of being Rangers standard at the moment. If people think he is good enough we are f*cked. He was central to losing 2 goals tonight FFS

Ross has been getting it in the neck on here the last couple of days.he stood up when more senior players were going into hiding after it went to 2-0 and dragged us back into that game when he scored his goal.also his fantastic sliding tackle was the catalyst for the equaliser and it got the crowd up.
And people wonder why young players rarely come through at Ibrox. No wonder we have a poor record for it. Willie Miller and big eck should have been our central defence for many a year, but they would have been hunted after a few bad games. Alex Ferguson knew this and acted on it, the end result speaks for itself. Probably branded not the standard required by us, before going on to beat Real Madrid in a European final.

I’m genuinely stunned at some of the comments on this thread and this is one of the worst.

We lost goals time and again earlier this season due to him not back tracking! Remember Betis for a start?

Jesus wept!

As said previously he is a trier but he is seriously short of being Rangers standard at the moment. If people think he is good enough we are f*cked. He was central to losing 2 goals tonight FFS
Jesus can weep all he wants, but you've just said not the standard, at the moment, so you must think he has a future with us then.

He was poor at the first goal for Dundee and thereabouts for their second.

I wish the wee man well but he isn’t Rangers standard I’m afraid.
He clearly is of rangers standard or he wouldn’t be in the team.i don’t think it’s any coincidence that our results took a turn for the worst after he got injured v Motherwell.we scream every year about the lack of talent coming from the academy.a player from the b team makes the break through.within a few months they are hounded and written off.he took on a lot of the heavy lifting tonight to get us back in the game.

He clearly is of rangers standard or he wouldn’t be in the team.i don’t think it’s any coincidence that our results took a turn for the worst after he got injured v Motherwell.we scream every year about the lack of talent coming from the academy.a player from the b team makes the break through.within a few months they are hounded and written off.he took on a lot of the heavy lifting tonight to get us back in the game.
I really want to know who the standard required players are and can we get them on the cheap.

First one he was absolutely culpable for. The second not IMO.

He was the only player to react to the short free kick and tried to cover both men, that’s why he wasn’t tight enough to block the cross. If he’d closed down that man, he’d have simply given it back to the free kick taker who himself would have had a free cross. The rest of the team were asleep.
Fair point.

Thought he played a lot more narrow today and it suits him. Sounds like i'm tearing him down when i'm not but i don't think he has the level of pace, dribbling ability or unpredictability to consistently beat fullbacks one v one but he is willing to run into space with the ball and has a good eye for a pass.

He's directly involved in a goal every 232 minutes. For a younger player making the jump from b team to first team i think that's a fairly solid start and hopefully he can continue to develop.

That stat is only from the 4 post split fixtures.

Across the season he averages a goal or assist every 530 minutes which is woeful for a rangers front player.

Do you know what i genuinely think if this place had existed in the early 80’s.countless threads would have appeared demanding that Davie Cooper was sold or binned.i loved coop but there were a lot of days where he just put the tools away.
As soon as he changed wings, you knew it wasn't going to be one of his days.

That stat is only from the 4 post split fixtures.

Across the season he averages a goal or assist every 530 minutes which is woeful for a rangers front player.
Unless the data is just flat out wrong, he's played 1,858 minutes this season in 37 appearances between league matches, both cups as well as the Europa league and has 3 goals and 5 assists in those matches. That's one every 232 minutes.

I'm at risk of sounding like a broken record tonight, yes credit where due for a decent performance tonight, but it's too little too late.

I don't think he's brilliant and has much to learn but do feel we're a better side when he starts.

He was key to our good form under Clement then when we got injuries and lost Yilmaz, and McCausland dropped out, I feel we lost some width and variety.

He's not perfect by any stretch but it helps having someone positive and willing to take chances in the side.

Good second half but been poor of late

Could and should have done better closing down the crosses for both goals

Still not good enough for us and where we need to be.
Is already a perfectly good squad player and is still plenty young enough to significantly improve. This is his breakthrough season. He's picked up plenty of experience, will have learned a lot and will hopefully kick on. We should be encouraging our young players. Not telling them they're not good enough after fewer than a couple of dozen starts.

Is already a perfectly good squad player and is still plenty young enough to significantly improve. This is his breakthrough season. He's picked up plenty of experience, will have learned a lot and will hopefully kick on. We should be encouraging our young players. Not telling them they're not good enough after fewer than a couple of dozen starts.
True . Ross wouldn’t give a damn what posts on this site say imo he has steel and belief in himself . Like you and I you read posts and when they seem unreasonable you just discard them.

I had him as an equal bet between him and Cantwell for MOTM.
He's certainly not the finished article but this boy's got talent so let's encourage it rather than nit pick faults in his overall play.

He done well for his goal and had a much better second half but up until he scored he was by far and away the worst player on the park.

I like the lad but unless his game intelligence improves ten-fold over the summer, he should be nowhere near our first time next season.

I’m on the fence with him, work rate is hee haw with no output, basically saying he runs about a lot.
Tonight just before their goal, does the hard bit beats the Dundee player just him and the goalie.
A wee bit of composure you roll that in the net, instead he takes a wild swipe at it near enough straight at the keeper.
Done well the second half but for me think he falls short of being in next season starting 11.

Wish nothing but the best for the lad. He’s shown he’s got the drive to get him into the Rangers squad where so many of his fellow youths have failed. He’s shown a fight and a sprit that our most senior players would be proud of. He’s a limited player I’m terms or ability and he’s never going to be winning our player of the year. but we need a Broadfoot, a Malcolm, a Little in our team. RM just gets it! Never the most talented but he will give us 10%

I’m not his biggest fan (so far) but thought he had an excellent game today.The main reason we got back into the game today imo.played like he actually wanted to win.

For those blaming him for the goal
Where was our right back or any right sided defender he was the only one there.
Tav was on the left centre of the box.
Not having the lad take the blame .
Defence again was fkin all over the place.

I think he's shown enough over the course of the season, for us to make him a squad player heading into next season. Hopefully, with this season under his belt and a full pre-season with the first team, he can improve again next season.

He's had a dip in form, had a bad injury and seems to be coming out of the other end of that. I'd rather we gave him a chance next season than loan him out or sell him. He's made an impact this year, now he needs to go away in the summer and work to get better.

Was good in the second half but he played a large part in Dundee's 2 goals. If he is wanting to be a top player in top football, he needs to learn to defend better

Seems to suffer from the same weakness as some of our more senior players which is an inability to stop crosses. That weakness in our team as a whole has killed us this season.

He’s young and I hope he learns quick that he has to improve in that area.

For those blaming him for the goal
Where was our right back or any right sided defender he was the only one there.
Tav was on the left centre of the box.
Not having the lad take the blame .
Defence again was fkin all over the place.
It's quite simple he was the closest player to the boy who crossed the ball twice, he was easy beat twice. The LB of Dundee has a great left foot on him, on loan from Burnley, we could do a lot worse as a back up to Yilmaz, if he's available?

I'm at risk of sounding like a broken record tonight, yes credit where due for a decent performance tonight, but it's too little too late.
People are getting carried away. It was Dundee we were playing when there was no pressure on the team.

If he wasn't a Rangers fan he would be getting the same stick that Scott Wright regularly gets.

People are getting carried away. It was Dundee we were playing when there was no pressure on the team.

If he wasn't a Rangers fan he would be getting the same stick that Scott Wright regularly gets.
Scott Wright has no heart and can't wait to get off the ball when receiving it. That it unbecoming of a Rangers player.

McCausland has shown an ability to rise to the demands of the team and keep in mind he came in at a real low point with almost no previous experience of the first team.

His form has fluctuated but that's understandable.

His progress has been incremental and encouraging, that's hopeful.

The first half he was a shambles. Missed a sitter and was dreadful for the first goal. Done well for his goal but any 5s goalie could have saved it.

Much better second half but that’s because the game opened up. Still think he is miles off a first 11 player but think he will come good

The fight he showed to get his goal was just brilliant

Back