What do we need to do differently next week?

5 goals behind them is as good as a point so we must defy all odds and form to win handsomely.Fvck me we are way overdue a performance to stick Brenda back in his box.
Fantasy land stuff but if we were to win by 2 goals they would be going to Rugby Park under a lot of pressure. That would be our only hope

Opportunity in or around the box? Hit it first fucking time, stop trying to take extra touches.

Butland start coming off his line to collect crosses like he did first half of the season.

Have possession with the ball and no one around you? keep fucking moving forward with it, don't pass it to someone who is already marked.

Pass direct, with pace, none of this floaty ball pish.

This is what we need to do to win.
Spot on with this pal.

That is ultimately all that matters. Win by any means and we are level on points and at worst 3 goals behind. I'd bite your hand off for that prospect even yesterday, let alone after the Ross County and Dens Park disasters!
the team may surprise us and start the game well, we do that and it could dictate the flow of the match, we certainly can't do what we did the last time with Tav's 1st minute shocker
I know I'll get shot down here, but I'd drop Tav and play Sterling at right back, it'll no happen I know

Last edited:
We need to build from a rock solid base and no passengers means no Silva or Cantwell. Put Sterling in the middle with diomande and win the game from there

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Wether it's more bodies in midfield to stifle the game, Matondo through the middle (don't laugh, see Sakala in 1-1 game), or a formation change in some way. We need to come up with something different and create a surprise on the day.

After today, and his last performance at their dump, I'm not sure we can go into the game with Dessers up front. He seems to have the jitters at the moment when it comes to shooting. We cant have him pass up any good chances that come our way. 20 goals and all that but he's bang out of form.
Dessers out of form cos he didn't score today? Despite bagging the winner last week and both goals in the Semi the game before that?

I agree though that something has ti be done differently. I'm thinking more along the lines of not conceding something ridiculous early and give ourselves a chance to get a foothold in the game. So whoever starts, just fking concentrate from minute one and let's not have our backs against the wall before we've even woken up.

Dessers out of form cos he didn't score today? Despite bagging the winner last week and both goals in the Semi the game before that?

I agree though that something has ti be done differently. I'm thinking more along the lines of not conceding something ridiculous early and give ourselves a chance to get a foothold in the game. So whoever starts, just fking concentrate from minute one and let's not have our backs against the wall before we've even woken up.
Well, maybe his inconsistency.

As others have said, we've really no one else unfortunately.

mate we got away with the chances Dessers missed today, but that will not always be the case, especially against them, that's the main gripe, and it no like it's a one off thing with him, there's a reason why he divides the support

the team may surprise us and start the game well, we do that and it could dictate the flow of the match, we certainly can't do what we did the last time with Tav's 1st minute shocker
I now I'll get shot down here, but I'd drop Tav and play Sterling at right back, it'll no happen I know

Difficult to say how game would have panned out at Ibrox if we don't concede that abortion of a goal after 23 seconds.

At that point game plan is out the window. And tbf to them they should have been out of sight by half time.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Wether it's more bodies in midfield to stifle the game, Matondo through the middle (don't laugh, see Sakala in 1-1 game), or a formation change in some way. We need to come up with something different and create a surprise on the day.

After today, and his last performance at their dump, I'm not sure we can go into the game with Dessers up front. He seems to have the jitters at the moment when it comes to shooting. We cant have him pass up any good chances that come our way. 20 goals and all that but he's bang out of form.
I’d like to see Sterling in centre mid for his aggression and energy

Also press them high from the off. They cannot play against teams that press them high up

We seem to sit off them until the second half or until we fall behind. It’s bizarre

Constant long balls against Carter-Vickers and Scales just won’t do.

Get Silva through the middle, Dessers on the bench and move the ball.

If we adopt the same tactics we have done in the last two games under Clement there will only be one winner. We also can’t afford a slow start or to concede an early goal.

We’ve nothing to lose, it’s a must win. Get at them from the get go like a team possessed.

I’d go 4-3-3 or almost 4-5-1 and just completely cloudy the midfield. Without the ball sit deep and compact and try limit there touches of the ball to there two centre backs.

With the ball we need to try and control the tempo, we know they will be in our faces, we can’t just pump it long to a cf who can’t hold the ball up and it just comes right back to us. Any long balls need to go into the channels

mate we got away with the chances Dessers missed today, but that will not always be the case, especially against them, that's the main gripe, and it no like it's a one off thing with him, there's a reason why he divides the support
There's no one in the squad who's any more clinical than him though so we've got to work with what we have. At least til next season.

4-3-3 with a bit of pace in wide areas. Hold the midfield and hit them with pace on the counter. Every time we’ve been successful against them, this has been the formula.

There's no one in the squad who's any more clinical than him though so we've got to work with what we have. At least til next season.
I know mate, some folks are just venting and I include myself in that sometimes, that's what he does to the fans, give us that at least:p

Could you imagine what the likes of Butcher & Gough would be saying to the troops if they were in the dressing room next Saturday.
Oh to dream!

But, but captains are not that relevant in the modern game.

That's the sh1te we are subjected to on here.

Well, okay, I'll play the game. Maybe captains are not all that important. However, leaders of men are. We don't have any.

Key parts of the game are the first 15 and the 15 before half time.

Don’t expect to stroll into position after a free kick, throw in or corner.

Ignore McGregor he likes to play to the camera with his sniggering and talking to players.

We may only get five or six chances, we need to score two of them. Not a stadium to be trying to waltz round three or four defenders.

Look at their defenders before the game and think do you really want to say Johnstone, Taylor and Scales kept a clean sheet.

I'd like to think the manager has had long enough now to identify weaknesses in their squad.

They play out from the back with a goalkeeper who can't pass the ball but we shite ourselves every time and drop off to the half way line when the ball is bouncing around their back 4.

I am auld school show no respect and go for it, they will be wearing a jersey that represents a club that has an unequalled history,but again my whole life is being a Rangers supporter and know the history, the present team don't seem to grasp the importance of what this means to the support,we need fighters in the team let's hope they prove me wrong WATP

Ridvan or Borna, Davies or Balogun? Injuries may decide this.
Lawrence or Cantwell as they were today or go a midfield 3 without them and match the scum 3 up ?
That could leave a spot open for one of them in the further up?
I think these are the questions big Phil will have to ponder.

Constant long balls against Carter-Vickers and Scales just won’t do.

Get Silva through the middle, Dessers on the bench and move the ball.

If we adopt the same tactics we have done in the last two games under Clement there will only be one winner. We also can’t afford a slow start or to concede an early goal.

We’ve nothing to lose, it’s a must win. Get at them from the get go like a team possessed.

We resort to the long ball and crosses from wide so often that it has to be a tactic from the manager rather than the players going rogue because they're the main features of our approach play.

If we're going to be a long ball team then at least be good at it and get players with the skill set to utilise the tactic.

no playing out from the back until the game has settled down. Fed up playing in to their hands. Go long down the channels and get their fullbacks pinned back.

turn it into a war - it feels like we haven’t had a yellow card for a decent foul in months!

and if the game goes the wrong way two-footed challenges all round, pick up some red cards and cause some damage - serve the 2 game suspensions in the dead rubber games and be back for the final

I know mate, some folks are just venting and I include myself in that sometimes, that's what he does to the fans, give us that at least:p
I know that, no amount of venting is going to make him any less inconsistent as a finisher. He is what he is and despite his faults he's the best we've got to see us thru to the end of the season. It's the hope that kills you I know but we've just got to cross every finger that his purple patch in front of goal is next week. No other choice at this point have we.

Hopefully Yilmaz can play , If Big Phil is determined to play a 4231 id drop Lundstram and play Sterling and Diomande as the double pivot or another option is a 433 and go with Lundstram Diomande and another with a view to going more attacking later in the game.

Id also consider dropping Tav and play Sterling to nullify Maeda who will probably start.
Not a hope in hell Tav and Lundstram won’t start.

Butland
Souttar balogun Davies
Tav Sterling lundstram yilmaz
Diomande cantwell
Dessers

If sima is fit then he starts either for cantwell or Dessers

Actually, maybe not.

Big Phils OF record so far is thus...Narrow loss in OF 1, draw in OF 2, logic means a win in OF 3. Simples. Everyone fking relax and enjoy the week.

I don't think we should be attempting to play out from the back against them.

Pains me to say it, but we're not good enough to play around their press.

We absolutely do need to do a better job of pressing them, their defence is their weakness.
We had some joy in playing out in December. Think Yilmaz makes a huge difference, hopefully Davies can help too

Pretty sure when we beat Betis away we went almost 442. Team was - Butland, Tavernier, Goldson, Davies, Barisic, Lundstram, Cifuentes, Sima, Lammers, McCausland, Dessers.
Obviously injuries will impact the line up on Saturday, however playing with two wingers and two up front playing in similar manner to that evening would give us every chance.
I’d replace Lammers with Sterling (playing just off Silva), Cifuentes with Diomande, Barisic with Ridvan, Goldson with Souter. Hopefully Sima is fit. I would replace Dessers with Silva, we can’t keep relying on Dessers.
But most of all we need them all to believe they can do it.

We resort to the long ball and crosses from wide so often that it has to be a tactic from the manager rather than the players going rogue because they're the main features of our approach play.

If we're going to be a long ball team then at least be good at it and get players with the skill set to utilise the tactic.
I suspect we’ve resorted to more long balls because Clement knows the players don’t have the legs to press and move the way we were doing up until the end of February.

There was some good football going on before then. I have to believe that’s the way he really wants us to play.

Obviously I want to see us win, but if we can’t win I’ll be disappointed if we haven’t had a couple of red cards and the ambulance on the pitch taking their players off

Sterling;Lundstram ;Dio

Start fast

Dominate the midfield and you win the match

We must be more clinical with chances and not gift goals.

I suspect we’ve resorted to more long balls because Clement knows the players don’t have the legs to press and move the way we were doing up until the end of February.

There was some good football going on before then. I have to believe that’s the way he really wants us to play.

I agree with the good football bit. These players can play and pass a ball. It's why it's so frustrating watching the centre backs launching diagonals towards the corner flags or straight balls down the middle.

Opportunity in or around the box? Hit it first fucking time, stop trying to take extra touches.

Butland start coming off his line to collect crosses like he did first half of the season.

Have possession with the ball and no one around you? keep fucking moving forward with it, don't pass it to someone who is already marked.

Pass direct, with pace, none of this floaty ball pish.

This is what we need to do to win.
Yes - what is he doing now? Very strange.

Back