What do we need to do differently next week?

We need to be patient. They will always come flying out of the blocks in these games, but for once I'd like to see us absorb the pressure and frustrate them

Set up Walter-esque for the first half, and frustrate their support. Backs to the wall, everyone behind the ball, and don't give them any space.

Then as they start to tire and get frustrated we hit them on the break. Its a 90 minute game - people need to realise the first 15 minutes and 'laying a marker' are not that important. Soak up the pressure and get ready for them leaving gaps.

Do that and we can come away with the 2-0 result we need

Butland.

Tav.
Balogun.
Souttar.
Barisic.

Cantwell.
Sterling.
Lundstram.
Dio.
Ridvan.

Dessers.

Reality is we need to keep it tight for the first 60. We know how they’ll start so get compact (we don’t need to be deep) and squeeze the spaces.

If it’s level by 60, we can gamble against their tired legs.
100% flood the midfield, make it a battle, kick them, let them know we’re not going to be intimidated by them. Sixty minutes push on and we will take them. When we dominated the league Walter always sat in and hit them on the break. Give them the ball to the halfway line then they need to find the space to get in behind us.
Remember they’re expecting just to turn up to beat us as and have some fun ! Lets ram it down every one of their throat’s and if we do they will buckle at Kilmarnock in the next game. They don’t like pressure.

Didn’t meet many people yesterday who believe we can do it which disappoints me, let’s hope the team don’t go with the same mind frame or we’re f**d before we start.

Time for Phil to tactically get it right. Think Sterling should sit on McGregor and take him out of the game. Don’t make him look good by sitting off him, rattle him first tackle he will shit it.

My team for what it’s worth.

Butland

Tavernier
Balogen
Souttar
Yilmaz

Sterling
Lundstrum
Diomonde
Lawrence
Raskin

Silva

Bring on Dessers, Cantwell and McAusland after we win the battle.

Don’t blow it after 30 seconds, don’t bow to their Japanese jobbers, don’t show any fucking fear just for once.

What do we need to do differently? Break the cycle, go toe to toe, get tore in, go and beat them and put us back in a title race.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Wether it's more bodies in midfield to stifle the game, Matondo through the middle (don't laugh, see Sakala in 1-1 game), or a formation change in some way. We need to come up with something different and create a surprise on the day.

After today, and his last performance at their dump, I'm not sure we can go into the game with Dessers up front. He seems to have the jitters at the moment when it comes to shooting. We cant have him pass up any good chances that come our way. 20 goals and all that but he's bang out of form.
Start the game as if we’re one goal down.

Keep niggling their full backs, especially Troutface Johnstone. He will lose the plot and start diving in and concede free kicks and a possible penalty. Get someone to discretely leave one on the Japanese Olympic Diving Team of Kyogo and Maeda. Teach Dessers to attack the ball more and shoot quicker.
This.

Too many times we've seen one of our players beginning to worry and even dominate a CFC defender, to the point that we start winning free kicks and make him panic.

And then ?
We stop passing the ball to him and go onto the other wing (or spend half an hour hospital-passing it about at the back).
How is it so effing difficult to KEEP going at the same guy, who is clearly about to make some major error(s) ?

100% flood the midfield, make it a battle, kick them, let them know we’re not going to be intimidated by them. Sixty minutes push on and we will take them. When we dominated the league Walter always sat in and hit them on the break. Give them the ball to the halfway line then they need to find the space to get in behind us.
Remember they’re expecting just to turn up to beat us as and have some fun ! Lets ram it down every one of their throat’s and if we do they will buckle at Kilmarnock in the next game. They don’t like pressure.

Didn’t meet many people yesterday who believe we can do it which disappoints me, let’s hope the team don’t go with the same mind frame or we’re f**d before we start.

Time for Phil to tactically get it right. Think Sterling should sit on McGregor and take him out of the game. Don’t make him look good by sitting off him, rattle him first tackle he will shit it.

My team for what it’s worth.

Butland

Tavernier
Balogen
Souttar
Yilmaz

Sterling
Lundstrum
Diomonde
Lawrence
Raskin

Silva

Bring on Dessers, Cantwell and McAusland after we win the battle.
I like it! I would start Dessers over Silva though

I like it! I would start Dessers over Silva though
My reasoning for Silva was he would run the channels better, retain the ball and his speed would worry them whereas we would play the ball in the air all the time for Dessers with no team mate near him just giving them possession of the ball. We need to be clever and play it like a Euro tie we need to win away from home after drawing at Ibrox.

We show them no respect from the minute we arrive. A convoy of coaches with the tunes blaring. We need to play every trick there is.

We go all Souness style, we get out first to warm up, we take their end. We take every member of our squad out on to that pitch, we have running drills out wide where they are dangerous, cutting it up.

They will come out 100 mph, the mutants in the stands will be going tonto.

We need to kill the game and the atmosphere, right from the off. We can’t let them get any momentum going.

We don’t let them dictate proceedings and wait for them to finish their peadophile ring to start the game we disrupt it we have our own confab we dictate when the game starts we show them no respect from the outset.

They came to Ibrox and bullied us all over the park, committed 23 fouls but were never getting anyone sent off, they will try it again. At every foul we stay down we count out every foul out to the ref. The first player they get booked we target taking it in turns pushing/barging getting in his face.

At every thrown in we steal as many yards as possible, then the first time the ref pulls us up we point out it goes both ways and that is one of their tactics gone.

Then there is the team selection :)

I can't remember which game it was — maybe the 2-0 loss under Gerrard where we were heavy favourites and Jones got sent off — but that day Celtic took kick off and immediately launched the ball into our corner, ceding possession. From, they swarmed us with a press and set their stall out for the rest of the day, essentially saying where they wouldn't be bullied.

I'm not saying that's the exact tactic we should go for, but hopefully there are some original ideas in that vein up Clement's sleeve that can put some fear up them from the off. In the last game, it felt almost like the players were too eager to show they wouldn't be rushed, which resulted in that absurd goal.

Seems everyone apart from Clement recognised the need to match up midfield,

Control the midfield control the game.

Once again we were all over the place with them happy to play off our mistakes.

Back