What do we think the ST sales will be if it's a sell out?

The club has to promote its Secondary ticketing policy, as that will be vital next season.
Am I right in saying that the likes of Barca and Real season ticket holders do this? If they don't want to attend they can put their seat up for sale for that game?
They should offer it as cash back, rather than a discount on ST next season IMO.
My understanding of the secondary ticketing was that if you can’t attend a game you put it up for sale. If the game sells out, your ticket goes on public sale. I did this for the St Johnstone game in December, and wasn’t credited with any funds, so I can only assume the game didn’t actually sell out, or nobody bought my seat. I’m all for the secondary ticketing if it means that someone is going to get to a game, but I would assume most folk will have friends and families that can use the ticket instead

It wouldn't.
Safe standing is one seat locked up for one person.
When games come around that safe standing does not happen, one seat for one person is unlocked to let that person sit down.
Stadium does not get a bigger capacity.

How many people can you fit into a rail seating section in comparison to a conventional stand?
“There is no ‘one size fits all’ answer to that question. And there are many factors that can determine what the answer would be in each individual case. These include national regulations, the amount of space available between the rows of rail seats and the size of the stadium exits and concourses.

“In a country where the national regulations permit it and a stadium’s exits and concourses are large enough to handle the number of people concerned, you could be looking at as many as two people per seat space (in Hannover, for instance, 5,700 fans stand in an area of 3,000 rail seats).

“In the UK, however, seating rows tend not to be as deep as they are in, for example, Germany and in existing UK stadia the exits and concourses will have been designed to cope with no more people than the number of seats in the stand. In retrofit situations, therefore, achieving more than one person per seat may present a challenge – albeit not insurmountable.

They should offer it as cash back, rather than a discount on ST next season IMO.
I agree there should be an more even split, the ticket holder gets something worth more financially out of the scheme, and the club gets something fair for the admin costs etc.

How many people can you fit into a rail seating section in comparison to a conventional stand?
“There is no ‘one size fits all’ answer to that question. And there are many factors that can determine what the answer would be in each individual case. These include national regulations, the amount of space available between the rows of rail seats and the size of the stadium exits and concourses.

“In a country where the national regulations permit it and a stadium’s exits and concourses are large enough to handle the number of people concerned, you could be looking at as many as two people per seat space (in Hannover, for instance, 5,700 fans stand in an area of 3,000 rail seats).

“In the UK, however, seating rows tend not to be as deep as they are in, for example, Germany and in existing UK stadia the exits and concourses will have been designed to cope with no more people than the number of seats in the stand. In retrofit situations, therefore, achieving more than one person per seat may present a challenge – albeit not insurmountable.

It wont be happening at Ibrox, one seat to one person.
Overcrowding in our stadium will not be permitted, and it shouldn't be either.

would it be better for fans groups to try and get the funds to pay for upgrading the stadium rather than buying shares?
We would then own a share of bricks and mortar rather than shares that can be diluted or worse?

Having said that I suppose it would cost too much for the upgrade for a fans group.

Absolutely fantastic.

Got my two ST. Was thinking of another but will just go with hospitality a couple of times. Well done Bears.

It wouldn't.
Safe standing is one seat locked up for one person.
When games come around that safe standing does not happen, one seat for one person is unlocked to let that person sit down.
Stadium does not get a bigger capacity.

It CAN increase capacity if desired.

You will be fine.
Usual suspects will be along shortly to tell you its not your seat.
Dumped in the club deck, etc.

The seat belongs to the club.

No one needs to be dumped in the CD. There will be plenty of seats available all over the stadium as fans apply for safe standing areas.

Alternatively Rangers could just keep everything the wsy it is now with a crap atmosphere and a half empty stadium on 80 minutes. The tims would love that.

It wont be happening at Ibrox, one seat to one person.
Overcrowding in our stadium will not be permitted, and it shouldn't be either.

Who says its "overcrowding"? It isnt. Its simply increasing capacity to improve the atmosphere and generate more income.

Why would any bear be against this? Baffling.

The beer has maybe pickled my brain and I'm making this up.

Did Murray not float the idea many many years ago that he had drawn up plans to lower the pitch and add another 6 thousand or so.

The pitch has been lowered twice already with extra seating put in the front rows .

Safe standing seems the cheapest option to increase the capacity , however I’d like to see a redesign of Copland and broomloan stands to increase capacity .

A few ideas , some official , some not

I’m sorry but I just can’t buy into this patting ourself on the back habit we have gotten into.

We are bears it’s expected of us to back our club.

We don’t need to shout from the rooftops how “awesome” we are.

Leave the ambulance chasing to them. Self praise is no praise.

Reactions: WBD
Was it about 41,000?[/QUOTE]
I’m sorry but I just can’t buy into this patting ourself on the back habit we have gotten into.

We are bears it’s expected of us to back our club.

We don’t need to shout from the rooftops how “awesome” we are.

Leave the ambulance chasing to them. Self praise is no praise.
With all the doom and gloom we have went through don't be happy is that it .

Back