What game will you watch tonight?

Funny one with these comps at times. These Europeans really value their performances in these, English more arsed by top 4 half the time and Premier League points.

I’ve had the Villa game on in the background tonight as I’ve been pottering around and I’ve never heard such drivel come out of the mouth of any co-commentator. Who the f@ck is this Lucy person?
Inanity rewarded as a result of box ticking.
If someone tries to tell me, she’s an international who knows a lot about the game, they need to have a word with themselves.

I’ve had the Villa game on in the background tonight as I’ve been pottering around and I’ve never heard such drivel come out of the mouth of any co-commentator. Who the f@ck is this Lucy person?
Inanity rewarded as a result of box ticking.
If someone tries to tell me, she’s an international who knows a lot about the game, they need to have a word with themselves.

Hi Joey

El-Kaabi who scored the hat-trick has had an interesting career to now. China, Moroccan, Egyptian, Turkey and Qatari clubs before reaching what looks like a peak or kicking on at Olympiacos this year.

When a player’s stupid wee shimmy dance goes on too long he’s not made up his mind and is missing. Luiz offering more evidence.

Can’t say I agree with that for all. Villa being top 4 will mean more than winning this, sad but how it is.
Newcastle finished top 4 last year didn't they?

I'm not really sure that it's going to live in their memory longer than winning a European trophy will for West Ham fans.

Nah, just that the top 4 is the clear priority
He’s went full strength. Just lost the game on the night. He has went strong the whole way throughout the tournament so I’d say he wants to win it.

Obviously they want top 4 and the CL place which is pretty much a certainty now anyway

Newcastle finished top 4 last year didn't they?

I'm not really sure that it's going to live in their memory longer than winning a European trophy will for West Ham fans.

Indeed they did, they weren’t in Europe as well though last season - that was my point.

He’s went full strength. Just lost the game on the night. He has went strong the whole way throughout the tournament so I’d say he wants to win it.

Obviously they want top 4 and the CL place which is pretty much a certainty now anyway

They want top 4 more than winning this though. I don’t agree with it but they do.

They want top 4 more than winning this though. I don’t agree with it but they do.
They've hampered their chances of guaranteeing top four by fielding full strength sides and going for it with equal gusto as far as I can see. Stinks of a didn't want her anyway type attitude.

Gravy guzzler hasn’t half been found out the longer he’s been there which isn’t surprising. Decent purple patch at the start but once managers at that level have realised he’s a one trick pony, it was only going to go one way. At that level, it requires adaptability and actual knowledge on tactics. Ange is just gun ho.

I’ll be stunned if Levy doesn’t sack him midway through next season.

He's started blaming the players, will demand a warchest in the summer.

What’s that got to do with tonight though? Can’t just say they have lost tonight because they want the CL more. They wouldn’t have fielded that side with an EPL game at the weekend in that case then?

What’s that got to do with tonight though? Can’t just say they have lost tonight because they want the CL more. They wouldn’t have fielded that side with an EPL game at the weekend in that case then?

I never said that did I? Just said that these competitions are funny for English sides as the Europeans really do go for it more I find at times. The Greeks will be gutted if they go out of this, I don’t think Villa will be - as they will have achieved their main objective for the season.

I never said they did I? Just said that these competitions are funny for English sides as the European really do go for it more I find at times. The Greeks will be gutted if they go out of this, I don’t think Villa will be - as they will have achieved their main objective for the season.
Fair enough, be pretty shocked if they reach a semi final and aren’t disappointed at not going all the way to the final though.

Fair enough, be pretty shocked if they reach a semi final and aren’t disappointed at not going all the way to the final though.

They’ll be on a miles higher bonus for making the CL than winning that as well I expect. Not all of them will be purely about the cash but the buzz of knowing they are heading to the CL next season will far outweigh winning that as well. The other lad mentioned Newcastle, look at the stadiums they went to in the CL - the players and fans will have buzzed off that.

El-Kaabi who scored the hat-trick has had an interesting career to now. China, Moroccan, Egyptian, Turkey and Qatari clubs before reaching what looks like a peak or kicking on at Olympiacos this year.

He was brilliant tonight. Hope Dessers was watching that. 2 touch finishes.

Funny one with these comps at times. These Europeans really value their performances in these, English more arsed by top 4 half the time and Premier League points.

Hahaha.

They’re only the best teams in Europe when they try then?

Pile of absolute dugshit.

Their teams have been well and truly humbled in Europe this year.

Hahaha.

They’re only the best teams in Europe when they try then?

Pile of absolute dugshit.

Their teams have been well and truly humbled in Europe this year.

Not at all, I’m English by the way. Think it’s clear all have tried, it’s just won’t be painful for Villa.

Remember asking you the other week which your best league was, still waiting!

Last edited:
FB-IMG-1714685764026.jpg

They’ll be on a miles higher bonus for making the CL than winning that as well I expect. Not all of them will be purely about the cash but the buzz of knowing they are heading to the CL next season will far outweigh winning that as well. The other lad mentioned Newcastle, look at the stadiums they went to in the CL - the players and fans will have buzzed off that.

When you get to a semi final and have 4th practically sewn up though, it's fair to say they would be looking to do both.

When you get to a semi final and have 4th practically sewn up though, it's fair to say they would be looking to do both.

Never said they wouldn’t but it won’t be the end of the world for Villa going out of this, they’ve achieved the big one. If they do go out a few probably chuffed they get another weeks rest before the Euros as well.

For Villa, they won’t get a better chance to reach top 4 than this season.

Similarly, they won’t get a better chance of winning a trophy.

Champions League qualification = money. But what then? There’s a limit to the level of player they can realistically attract.

Emery’s made his career on European success.

For Villa, they won’t get a better chance to reach top 4 than this season.

Similarly, they won’t get a better chance of winning a trophy.

Champions League qualification = money. But what then? There’s a limit to the level of player they can realistically attract.

Emery’s made his career on European success.

They’ll attract better players as CL regulars than being the Conference League Winners 24.

His next step will be wanting to do well in the CL as a Manager I expect, not sure he’s every really done well in that has he?

He may well rest players this weekend now, could do with helping Clubs at this stage for me England - Olympiakos got the weekend off ain’t they.

Seeing the Euro games at this stage, especially the Villa game, reminds me and emphasises what a tremendous achievement it was reaching the Europa final - absolutely brilliant.

Then the hurt arrives - no strikers, 1-0 with twenty to go, that horrible goal, all their penalties being excellent, Aaron Ramsey…

They’ll attract better players as CL regulars than being the Conference League Winners 24.

His next step will be wanting to do well in the CL as a Manager I expect, not sure he’s every really done well in that has he?

He may well rest players this weekend now, could do with helping Clubs at this stage for me England - Olympiakos got the weekend off ain’t they.

I’m just wondering what you would feel as a fan, though - a trophy in Athens would surely be a fantastic experience for a support that have won nothing since the 90s.

I’m just wondering what you would feel as a fan, though - a trophy in Athens would surely be a fantastic experience for a support that have won nothing since the 90s.

Hasn’t worked dreams for Moyes mind has it. I just don’t think they’d be that gutted with what’s in front of them, 4 away matches at least in the CL - doubt they’ll lose too much sleep over it myself. Be totally different if they didn’t have such a bright future.

Back