What happened after FT of the Old Firm game?

I worked for thirty six years and not once did I do a lap of honour at the end of a shift. Clap fans while going up the tunnel. Lap of honour should be a reward for winning a trophy, not three points.
Got to hand it to you my friend, at a time when we are all worried sick and full of disappointment at the complete collapse of our team from a winning position, you have managed to come up with the most inappropriate and irrelevant comparison of you finishing your shift at work and our player's at the end of one of the biggest football derbies in the world. A staggering analogy.

Got to hand it to you my friend, at a time when we are all worried sick and full of disappointment at the complete collapse of our team from a winning position, you have managed to come up with the most inappropriate and irrelevant comparison of you finishing your shift at work and our player's at the end of one of the biggest football derbies in the world. A staggering analogy.
That’s true, they wouldn’t have made it through a twelve hour shift five times a week in charge of an acute psychiatric ward. It was a stupid analogy, my apologies.

Were the players celebrating a defeat when they walked around the park after losing 1-3 to Aberdeen?

Last edited:
Pulling ourselves back in that game should have been the motivation to kick on! That was a title decider in many ways and we were out of it until the equaliser, we were right to celebrate!

I went in to that game feeling we had to win, and came out of it feeling deflated.

I don't think the players over-celebrated but the "moral victory" comments from Clement were embarrassing to be honest.

Way too much has been made of this.

At the time, battling back to get a point was massive. We were terrible that day and lucky not to go in 4-0 down at half time and fought back twice to get a point against our closest rivals. Of course, hindsight now tells us that it means little but, we must be the only team in earth that isn't allowed to celebrate moments like that. The general feeling at half time was 'we could get a doing here's and 'the league is gone'.

I'm much more concerned at what we've done since, rather than our team and fans celebrating together, for a few minutes after a game where we had been so poor. The celebration was one of relief more than anything else.

You can be sure those mentally challenged bastards would have been celebrating at their midden if they had come back from 2 goals down against us.

That’s true, they wouldn’t have made it through a twelve hour shift five times a week in charge of an acute psychiatric ward. It was a stupid analogy, my apologies.
I have to hand to you my friend you did a very difficult job which must have been very difficult physically and mentally. Full credit to you for all the good work you did over 36 years. Many of us on here, including me, would not have been up to doing your job. Full credit to you so I can see why you made your post. Fair play to you.

After that show of battle to pull ourselves back from 2 down, we've had nothing but bottle.

I switched the coverage off straight after full time, but read criticisms of the player's "over-celebrating" - did that extend to Clement? Has there been a fallout behind the scenes within the squad or between the players and management team in the aftermath?

I still find it inexplicable to go from that 45 mins to 180 minutes of absolute bleh from our players, like they're going through the motions, and not sure I buy that we've coincidentally hit a fitness brick wall exactly after the Old Firm match.
We salvaged a 3 point difference to the league table by getting that draw in Injury time after several set backs in that game, I've no issues with us celebrating it.. but I also think the manager, whe. behind the scenes when nobody was watching should've told the players "right, now that it's only us here, that performance was a shambles and it shouldn't have got to us needing to do that" but after everything since that game, our next two performances after that and his post match after Dundee, I'm not sure he's done that. I get the impression that he's praising his team for failure in trying to hold them together. Which is really a catch 22 for Clement unfortunately. It's looking like he could be yet another managerial victim of these players

JL CG and JT have played virtually every minute of the season - they are gassed. See also Arsenal…
Please don't tell me Tav was dithering to gift them the first goal because he was tired after a dozen or so seconds of a match.

There's turd polishing and there's come on to fùck mate.

My recollection is were still on the pitch 5 - 10 minutes after the game ended and a swell of players gathered infront of the Govan hugging and clapping. They then did a lap of honour.

It was embarrassing and showed an inferiority complex.

First thing that came into my head when i saw it later on was ican you imagine the 9iar side doing a lap of honour in getting a draw that massively favoured them at Ibrox. It 100% shouldn’t have happened, by all means show appreciation to the support but i never want to see a draw celebrated against them like the cup was about to be presented to us.

Last edited:
We didn’t do anything different from any other home game. This nonsense was started by the beasts. Entitled to be happy coming from two goals behind but they go round the fans after every game at Ibrox.

Exactly, there was no celebration after the game v scum.

Players walked round the pitch as normal and acknowledged the fans.

Scum twisting the facts as usual.

And I do wonder how posters would have reacted to the 2-2 draw v scum and Graham Roberts conducting the choir.

The over celebrating thing was simply media nonsense. The players enjoyed what was a great rescue but I don't think the celebrations were over the top at all.

So many teams all over the world applaud fans and stuff after the game.
I was close to the pitch as the team did a respectful and somewhat restrained walk round the pitch. There was no grabbing fan's scarfs, shoulder hugging bouncies, or communal knee slides. Just a proper clap for, and with, the supporters. As it should be.

We salvaged a 3 point difference to the league table by getting that draw in Injury time after several set backs in that game, I've no issues with us celebrating it.. but I also think the manager, whe. behind the scenes when nobody was watching should've told the players "right, now that it's only us here, that performance was a shambles and it shouldn't have got to us needing to do that" but after everything since that game, our next two performances after that and his post match after Dundee, I'm not sure he's done that. I get the impression that he's praising his team for failure in trying to hold them together. Which is really a catch 22 for Clement unfortunately. It's looking like he could be yet another managerial victim of these players
You're one of the few responses to address the point of the thread - I don't really have an opinion on the "celebration" itself - I was just wondering if there was an aftermath to it behind closed doors to perhaps explain the dire 180 mins of football since.

I wonder if, opposite to you, Clement DID go through them in the dressing room about the opportunity missed, and some of the "senior squad members" took umbrage at it?

After that show of battle to pull ourselves back from 2 down, we've had nothing but bottle.

I switched the coverage off straight after full time, but read criticisms of the player's "over-celebrating" - did that extend to Clement? Has there been a fallout behind the scenes within the squad or between the players and management team in the aftermath?

I still find it inexplicable to go from that 45 mins to 180 minutes of absolute bleh from our players, like they're going through the motions, and not sure I buy that we've coincidentally hit a fitness brick wall exactly after the Old Firm match.
Not sure how many home games you make it to these days, Clement has understood the importance of having fans and players getting energy from each other.
He introduced a process whereby the players walk around the pitch after each and every home game, whether we win, lose or draw.
It’s what we do now.
It was picked up by the media after the Celtic game as if it was us celebrating it really wasn’t…

You're one of the few responses to address the point of the thread - I don't really have an opinion on the "celebration" itself - I was just wondering if there was an aftermath to it behind closed doors to perhaps explain the dire 180 mins of football since.

I wonder if, opposite to you, Clement DID go through them in the dressing room about the opportunity missed, and some of the "senior squad members" took umbrage at it?
Possibly mate. But whatever it has been it's likely the same negative core of players that have escalated the issue. This core/old guard group could destroy any manager. Thats the way I see it now. There's a group of players that need to go now and sentiment has to stop getting in the way of that happening if we want to start winning things

Back