What happened to 'the cry was no surrender'?

The fans have been nothing short of magnificent during a period of what is odds on for 1 league title in 13 years.

The support aren’t the issue here. Mismanagement on and off the park that would have stretched the patience of any support has taken place and yet the still attend in vast numbers home and away.

No one is seriously saying Clement should go, but if he starts next season with those who have continued to fail in the team, then sadly he’ll be joining the others who these players had sacked before him.

“By just being honest,” Wright said when asked how Rangers have maintained their belief despite some difficult moments this season. “Within in the changing room we’ve got a leadership group and the boss has obviously spoken in a few meetings.

That was under the GVB management debacle. This leadership group cost him his job by allowing it, the following manager had the same outcome. Let’s hope it doesn’t succumb another manager.
Not sure what that has to do with my post mate?

Not sure what that has to do with my post mate?
Sorry I thought you was questioning the established “leadership group”. Just wanted to show that there is very much one and this same leadership group has cost managers their job.

Sorry I thought you was questioning the established “leadership group”. Just wanted to show that there is very much one and this same leadership group has cost managers their job.
No I meant it'll now be the go to term for criticism, much as "wage thief" was in the season before Warburton took over etc

Maybe deserved criticism? They have failed many managers!
Absolutely fine with criticism. Throwing lazy tropes at it because the poster can't come up with anything original or insightful is just boring though.
If there was a search function on here (maybe there is) and you searched "leadership group" before 2 weeks ago you'd have about 1/5 of the results you now have if you searched it today.

Entitled? To win more than one league in 14 years. Nonsense. It's called standards, it's what made us a world famous club, and we have stood up and put up time and time again and I don't think any other club in the world would have the support rangers have had especially since 2012.
I still have total faith in PC but the serial losers can go today as far as I'm concerned. Not only have I had enough of them, but I've had enough of people who seem to back the likes if Tav and seem to have more support for serial loser individuals than our club and our amazing support.
And fwiw many of the 'travelling support' were vocalising that sentiment on Wednesday too.

It’s hard when the players are the ones waving the white flags. Getting beat is one thing but getting beat and not giving it 100% is unacceptable. I could see the point if the players were leaving everything on the pitch but they don’t seem to be. If they fight for it like it matters the fans would be right behind them

Do you honestly players go out on to the pitch and don't give 100%?

I'm sorry but that is just utter nonsense.

Sold out Ibrox and packed away ends despite very meagre success suggests the Rangers support are anything but entitled.
Maybe if the players showed the same passion and commitment we wouldn’t need to watch gloating tims hoover up the trophies year after year.

For me it’s the last straw from the same group of players and anyone with eyes can say they’ve chucked it and have no belief themselves they can win a title.

I’ll still be there on Sunday and every other game but most fans have had enough and want to see the back of the old guard myself included.

Sterling’s comments confirm everything we can all see and it’s hard to “NO SURRENDER” when the players have.

we have 6 league titles in 24 years (no thats not a typo)

its no wonder the fans are utterly scunnered and know how this story plays out
Take away the years we were in the lower divisions and the first couple of years after where we were in recovery. I think we've made far too many mistakes with recruitment of both players and managers. We've wasted the little resources we have (comparative to Celtic) and let them stockpile money from CL qualifications while we've done the donkey work of dragging the coefficient up. The buck doesn't just stop at the players, the managers/board room/directors/director of football all share equal responsibility in our frankly abysmal trophy return.

If you want to know what happened to the cry was no surrender ask the players they do the opposite of that every season.

Do you honestly players go out on to the pitch and don't give 100%?

I'm sorry but that is just utter nonsense.
See when you see guys like Dowell, Lawrence and Lundstram walking about the park when there's 5mins to go against Dundee or jogging slowly back/not tracking runners against Ross County and Celtic and we lose cheap goals, then questions have to be asked about whether they are fully committed and giving 100%.

I think you are naive if you think every player gives 100% effort all of the time. Lots of players throughout history have not given their all for a multitude of reasons. Could be mental reasons or physical reasons. They could be thinking about contracts with other teams, could be pissed off with the manager/fans/other players, they could be worried if they push it 100% they'll get injured again.

I do not accept that someone like Lundstram has been giving his all these past 2 weeks.

We have a team that was in control and with about 7 games to go decided to just pack it in for the season.

When did we become such an entitled support, that we throw the towel in when all's still to play for?

This is not directed at the traveling support, who are absolutely magnificent, loud and proud thru Sunday and yesterday's disasters. It's directed at the the doom and gloom merchants on here, and the 'fans' that leave Ibrox with the game on the line with 10-15 minutes to go, despite Phil's pleas to stay and support the team.

I was introduced to the Rangers by my old man in the 70s as a nipper. We were fairly shit at times, but it didn't and still doesn't matter, we're Rangers fans, we love our team, and we follow thru thick and thin. We support our team.

4 weeks ago, we were hailing PC as the second coming, now we have fans questioning his competence. It's fukin ridiculous considering the situation he inherited, and the injuries to our squad.

This may end up a disappointing season, OR, we could still win a treble.

The vast majority of loyal football fans would give everything to be in our position, so let's back PC and hold any post mortems if and when, the trophies are lost, not before.
Your thread title states," The cry was no surrender" and then you proceed to have a pop at the support but, shouldnt your vitriol be aimed at the team who appear to have surrendered?

Last edited:
We Truely (sic) Are The People!

NSFE! FBSHD!

That's me just guaranteed us victory on Sunday. You're welcome.

Brilliant OP very staunch. None of us on this are playing unfortunately we're only going on what we see and unfortunately the players have clearly chucked it. Go to the training centre and tell the players this not the folk on here.

Entitlement is not something I would accuse our support of. We have backed our club to the hilt through the leagues. Highest attendances in Scotland and the biggest travelling support in Scotland.

We have reached breaking point over the last few weeks due to the shitshow that is unfurling in front of our eyes. Im more angry with myself than the players. After years of watching them fold, I was genuinely sucked in with our form and results over the last few months. I put faith in the players and started to believe that we were going to drive on and reclaim our title. I now feel like a mug.

We get to the business end and the same leadership group shit the bed when silverware is in sight. Like many bears, it’s the final straw for me.

I will be at Hampden on Sunday following the team, however, I can’t wait until this squad is ripped apart and the old guard are thanked for their efforts and moved on. I wouldn’t lose sleep if most of the squad moved on.
Great post

I can understand the frustration, but we've not been deprived of excitement in recent years, the Euro performances have been the best in my lifetime, the journey to Seville the best performances I've seen, maybe Bobby Russell apart.

It's frustrating to lose to the filth, but let's face it, their recent trophies all have an * attached, and deep down, they know that WATP. I'm happy following the Gers, and will always laugh at the scum.
Out of interest, why do their recent trophies have a * attached?

* Rangers shat their troosers?

Our support can never be brought into question. Fans travel from far and wide due to our love of the Rangers. It's in our blood. The leadership on the park is what is questionable as well as recruitment. As I've said before we need Rangers supporting players in our team who play for the shirt and it rubs off on the others. We only had one Scot in our starting 11 on Wednesday and he supports Brechin City.

It’s not the fans who have given the impression they have chucked it

Last two games the players have been a disgrace

They need to take responsibility and win starting on Sunday

Can they show the bottle and add some hunger to their performances?

Over to the highly paid and pampered players

The fans do our bit. The players continue to disappoint

If they can’t handle the expectations they need to leave and play elsewhere

When did we become such an entitled support, that we throw the towel in when all's still to play for?

This is not directed at the traveling support, who are absolutely magnificent, loud and proud thru Sunday and yesterday's disasters. It's directed at the the doom and gloom merchants on here, and the 'fans' that leave Ibrox with the game on the line with 10-15 minutes to go, despite Phil's pleas to stay and support the team.

I was introduced to the Rangers by my old man in the 70s as a nipper. We were fairly shit at times, but it didn't and still doesn't matter, we're Rangers fans, we love our team, and we follow thru thick and thin. We support our team.

4 weeks ago, we were hailing PC as the second coming, now we have fans questioning his competence. It's fukin ridiculous considering the situation he inherited, and the injuries to our squad.

The vast majority of loyal football fans would give everything to be in our position, so let's back PC and hold any post mortems if and when, the trophies are lost, not before.
What a load of nonsense. As a fan base we're reacting to the performance of everyone of these players, good or bad, and right now they haven't reacted to the support with very poor performances, so much so that they have thrown away a very promising position with their inability to beat teams that shouldn't be able to live with a Rangers team if that Rangers team is giving everything for the club and fans, but they aren't, that's the reason they are getting criticism.

Have a go at the team not the fans

It's not the fans who have chucked it, we turn up every week regardless, it's the players who have downed tools. Only so much fans can do, we can't kick the ball into one net whilst keeping it out the other.

Jesus wept.
i am same generation as you.
There comes a time though when it dawns on you that we can all stand and scream all the NS, WATP under the sun. Its essentially meaningless though when you have a spine of a squad that have the mental fortitude of a witchetty grub.

fans are paying fortunes , following these guys all over the country, in ridiculous numbers, also into Europe. They are rewarded with some players folding like deck chairs at the first sign of things not going their way.

its not entitlement by any stretch, just a collective realisation that we are watching dung.

Social media and computer games makes people think they are tactical geniuses, psychologists and body language experts

Jesus wept.
i am same generation as you.
There comes a time though when it dawns on you that we can all stand and scream all the NS, WATP under the sun. Its essentially meaningless though when you have a spine of a squad that have the mental fortitude of a witchetty grub.

fans are paying fortunes , following these guys all over the country, in ridiculous numbers, also into Europe. They are rewarded with some players folding like deck chairs at the first sign of things not going their way.

its not entitlement by any stretch, just a collective realisation that we are watching dung.
Many on here said the league was gone in September
Clement and the players got us right back on it but we dropped points
Shock horror
Now all of a sudden everybody is shite if we don't win the league

I'm not giving up. I know celtic are shecht. They might drop points and we might still be in with a shout on the last day. If the players can't show belief then we shouldn't follow them. It is vital for us to drag them back up for one final push.

I'll get shot down, but I don't think it's over, and whether it's this season or next, I'm backing big Phil to see that plasticine faced vagina out of town :)
I reckon they get rid of him at the end of the season so we'll have to beat somebody else

they might not like their board but they are more likely to listen to fans than our board is. First time I've heard the fans being at fault for this when it's a film we've watched too many times with certain players on the field. Fine when the pressure isn't on, go to pieces when it's on them

Back