What happened to 'the cry was no surrender'?

If we had won both games we'd be 2 points in front.
Given that everyone assumes us and them will win every game we still needed to draw at the paedophile harbour.
Now we need to win there.
That's it.
On red nerrus ya bass.
We need to win there and improve on the GD.

“All to play for” after the last two games is a wildly optimistic shout I’ll give you that.

Back in the real world we are absolutely not winning at Parkhead, in fact I’d be pretty surprised if we won against anyone at the moment the way we are playing.

We've got a squad of players who just see it as a job and don't have the resilience necessary to win, and as a club we've allowed players to survive multiple embarrassments and failures. That's what happened.

We've got a squad of players who just see it as a job and don't have the resilience necessary to win, and as a club we've allowed players to survive multiple embarrassments and failures. That's what happened.
Exactly, I'm sure they are disappointed and likely feel down they've let the fans down BUT ultimately for them they've just lost and then drawn a game of football

I've criticised our support for various things, many times, but let me tell you, I am absolutely sick of reading patronising happy-clapper pish inferring that we are the ones who have given up.

This team are getting schooled by has-beens paid less than ten percent what they are every week right now

There has to be a degree of professional pride there regardless of our moans and groans

When did we become such an entitled support, that we throw the towel in when all's still to play for?

This is not directed at the traveling support, who are absolutely magnificent, loud and proud thru Sunday and yesterday's disasters. It's directed at the the doom and gloom merchants on here, and the 'fans' that leave Ibrox with the game on the line with 10-15 minutes to go, despite Phil's pleas to stay and support the team.

I was introduced to the Rangers by my old man in the 70s as a nipper. We were fairly shit at times, but it didn't and still doesn't matter, we're Rangers fans, we love our team, and we follow thru thick and thin. We support our team.

4 weeks ago, we were hailing PC as the second coming, now we have fans questioning his competence. It's fukin ridiculous considering the situation he inherited, and the injuries to our squad.

This may end up a disappointing season, OR, we could still win a treble.

The vast majority of loyal football fans would give everything to be in our position, so let's back PC and hold any post mortems if and when, the trophies are lost, not before.
As I said before it's a two team league.We should on average win half of everything minimum.Thats not entitlement that's just realistic.

I've criticised our support for various things, many times, but let me tell you, I am absolutely sick of reading patronising happy-clapper pish inferring that we are the ones who have given up.

This team are getting schooled by has-beens paid less than ten percent what they are every week right now

There has to be a degree of professional pride there regardless of our moans and groans

The happy clappers need a special shampoo, the amount of times their head is in the sand !!

I’m not banging my head off a brick wall anymore. This expecting anything other than failures from a team with the likes of Tavernier and Goldson regarding being capable of bringing us a genuine league challenge is fairytale stuff. (I’d be delighted if I’m pulled up for this at the end of the season).

As I said before it's a two team league.We should on average win half of everything minimum.Thats not entitlement that's just realistic.

We're only just now getting back to a financial level footing, after being shafted by the governing bodies and member clubs.

Clement inherited an imbalanced and injury ravaged squad, which has been hit with more injuries to key players. He's done well with what he inherited, no matter how disappointing the last week has been.

The same people who were lauding the manager 2 weeks ago, are ignoring the facts and joining the pile on, attacking every aspect of the club, as always.

It's not happy clapping to keep backing the team and manager, when trophies are still available to be won.

The players have let us all down once again.
The club treat us like customers rather than supporters.

What's the distinction?

The club needs the supporter's money. Objectively that's true when we have rubbish TV deals etc but still want to sign decent players.

Could see the argument if board members etc were taking large amounts out of the club but money from jersey sales etc does seem to be invested back into the squad.

So if I bought a few Castore items then at least some of that is going into the playing squad?

A supporter gives money to the club. A customer gives money to the club. What's the distinction?

We're only just now getting back to a financial level footing, after being shafted by the governing bodies and member clubs.

Clement inherited an imbalanced and injury ravaged squad, which has been hit with more injuries to key players. He's done well with what he inherited, no matter how disappointing the last week has been.

The same people who were lauding the manager 2 weeks ago, are ignoring the facts and joining the pile on, attacking every aspect of the club, as always.

It's not happy clapping to keep backing the team and manager, when trophies are still available to be won.
We are way way ahead financially of likes of Motherwell,Ross and Dundee.
It's not entitlement to expect to at least give them a game.Far from it.

Many on here said the league was gone in September
Clement and the players got us right back on it but we dropped points
Shock horror
Now all of a sudden everybody is shite if we don't win the league
Clement managed to get as much from them as possible, for a time. it clearly coincided though with our rivals having a mid season wobble, which helped us claw back ground.

i didnt say the players are all shite- it just appears they have a mental issue with handling pressure and expectation of this club.

When did we become such an entitled support, that we throw the towel in when all's still to play for?

This is not directed at the traveling support, who are absolutely magnificent, loud and proud thru Sunday and yesterday's disasters. It's directed at the the doom and gloom merchants on here, and the 'fans' that leave Ibrox with the game on the line with 10-15 minutes to go, despite Phil's pleas to stay and support the team.

I was introduced to the Rangers by my old man in the 70s as a nipper. We were fairly shit at times, but it didn't and still doesn't matter, we're Rangers fans, we love our team, and we follow thru thick and thin. We support our team.

4 weeks ago, we were hailing PC as the second coming, now we have fans questioning his competence. It's fukin ridiculous considering the situation he inherited, and the injuries to our squad.

The vast majority of loyal football fans would give everything to be in our position, so let's back PC and hold any post mortems if and when, the trophies are lost, not before.
Aye mate, we’re an entitled support after a single league title, single Scottish Cup, and a single League Cup in the last 9 years since returning from the lower leagues.

3203700d0e953d201ccfc63634f98f36.gif

We are way way ahead financially of likes of Motherwell,Ross and Dundee.
It's not entitlement to expect to at least give them a game.Far from it.

We're way ahead of them in the league too, have one cup in the trophy room, a treble still possible, and yet again, we progressed the furthest of the Scottish teams in Europe.

Aye mate, we’re an entitled support after a single league title, single Scottish Cup, and a single League Cup in the last 9 years since returning from the lower leagues.

We've not been on an equal financial footing thru that period though, have we?
You not enjoyed the European runs?

The majority of football fans turn up every week and enjoy a fraction of the success we have.

Some of our fans appear to get no joy from following Rangers unless we're strolling to victory. We'll be back on top again, it could even happen this season.

The majority of football fans turn up every week and enjoy a fraction of the success we have.

Some of our fans appear to get no joy from following Rangers unless we're strolling to victory. We'll be back on top again, it could even happen this season.

I take joy in following a Rangers team that I recognise, one with a pair of balls and a steely mindset than doesn’t shit the bed when the expectations and pressure get too much and who don’t bottle under the pressure of being favourites.

Did I enjoy the European runs. Yes. But we didn’t win the trophy, so who cares today? You don’t get a pass for being shite domestically because you almost won a European trophy.

It’s your idea of what Rangers are that’s out of place, not ours. And that’s not entitlement, it’s fact … in 2012 we lost it all. We started from nothing. Decades of winning foundations washed away and we still haven’t recovered.

You call me entitled? No, I’m f**’king fed up watching players take a wage who don’t give a shit about our club. Who wilt when they see the finish line. I want to see a team that resembles the Rangers we lost in 2012, so spare me the condescension.

I’m entitled because I am absolutely sick to the stomach of endless filth league title wins, cups, trebles, treble trebles, all the shit we need to listen to and put up with in what has gone well past the farcical stage now.

Yes we know perfectly well that them racking up their trophy count was made possible from the events of 2012 but we’ve also majorly f@cked things up on returning to the SPL and should’ve been in a much better place, instead we’re looking yet again to be in the filth’s shadow for f@ck knows how many more years?

Simply put, for the simpletons in our support who spout shit like we are entitled and like repeating filth fans patter… ah we only won 55 because of Covid! The stage we are at now is just VILE, SICK and utterly RIDICULOUS! But never mind there’s always next season.. and the next one after that and the next….

Well said. The manager took one look at the squad when he arrived and said he didn't have a magic wand and there would be bumps on the road. For a while he looked like Harry Potter and the road seemed pothole free. Until now. But we've won the league from worse positions than this, so it'd be good if the white flags and vitriol were packed away until it's over. One way or another.

Don't get me wrong, we need wholesale changes in the squad come the summer, but until then, we have what we have, so let's just try and win as many games as we can and see where it takes us.

Well said , my thoughts exactly.

Entitled? No.

Sick? Yes.

Sick of seeing a squad of players being able to play when the pressure is off and fold continually when the job needs to be done. The last few performances, coming after we got into pole position, have been absolutely disgusting.

Entitled? We have been shafted from every corner post-2012 and yet we continue pump our money and time into the club, it's merchandise, it's facilities and follow from all corners of the world.

Are we the ones that are so entitled to cry at every turn? Instigate witch hunts, manipulate the league members, bleet to the press, send letters every week? When we've had 12 years of almost unobstructed dominance?

Go look across the City for entitlement.

before my time but no doubt folk kept saying that during the greig & Wallace (2nd time) eras and it only got better by whole scale change to the playing staff / massive cash input

We aren’t winning a league until we have a new captain and squad completely gutted of the players who are consistent, only in that they fall apart when the pressure is on when the title is on the line, one title (with empty stadiums , and yes that is a huge factor given the same players have fucked it the other years! it’s the exception to the rule that these players have it in them (& also when the other mob aren’t doing their best to self sabotage with Lennon at the helm

The biggest problem we have is the financial gap & where the money is coming from to improve us, much like rangers shouldn’t have let the Tims ever get back to a position to challenge us in the 90s when they weren’t qualifying for Europe / were going to move to cambuslang, we are looking at mountain to climb as they aren’t going to repeat their mistake this season and not spend money (not when they have champs league money / oreilly / fringpong money coming

There was a big chance to leapfrog this season as they scrimped on signings / were trying to recover from their popular manager leaving & the unpopular consolation prize of Rodgers going back, we have well and truly fucked it with the Beale fiasco and the open cheque book he was given (very le guen-esque in letting a guy not experienced to sign players)

the pessimist in me can only see that it’s going to be hard years coming up , with perhaps only way will be to change our business model entirely and see if John halsted/ others have the desire / appetite to pump a lot of money in (& take bigger control, as all things being equal the other mob have the finances to keep them ahead of us / have better track record of player transaction

Also There is also the question of the performance of the board / Bisgrove, since king & 3bears came in we’ve had a parade of bad managerial picks and missed opportunities and pissed away millions, where is the evidence they have learned?
We all knew we needed a striker in January, and we’ve gambled / not addressed it & thst has cost us multi millions handed them another league

There was a SC game a Cappielow way back when. Shitey frozen pitch. We were 2-0 and 3-1 up and ended up 3-3.

The Bears were singing "Don't let Us Down Again" at 3-3, much to the amusement of the Morton fans. That's what it feels like. Let down in every big game.

Do you honestly players go out on to the pitch and don't give 100%?

I'm sorry but that is just utter nonsense.
Maybe it’s unintentional, or maybe it’s intentional. But In my opinion players downing tools or not giving it 100% happens. And better players than some of these are guilty of it, so to me it’s fact, not nonsense.

The club asks us to blindly pay out top tier money and gives us very little back in terms of success and joy.

Every club in the country asks it's supporters to pay out money relative to the competitions they expect to compete in. Realistically there are only 2 clubs who can win the league. What are the others paying for?

Serious question - do you pay your money to watch Rangers play football, regardless of the opponent and likelihood of winning, or do you pay your money to win trophies?

It's comments like this that lead to suggestions of entitlement or glory hunting.

There are sadly too many in our support, some with positions of influence, who regularly display the mental fragility they accuse our players of.
Giving an honest opinion on sport has nothing whatsoever to do with mental fragility or mental strength for that matter.
It's an opinion given by those who don't like to be delusional

Every club in the country asks it's supporters to pay out money relative to the competitions they expect to compete in. Realistically there are only 2 clubs who can win the league. What are the others paying for?

Serious question - do you pay your money to watch Rangers play football, regardless of the opponent and likelihood of winning, or do you pay your money to win trophies?

It's comments like this that lead to suggestions of entitlement or glory hunting.
Been paying for season tickets since 1990, nothing glory hunting about me.

You know the point I was making.

Giving an honest opinion on sport has nothing whatsoever to do with mental fragility or mental strength for that matter.
It's an opinion given by those who don't like to be delusional

I disagree. Emotional, irrational and hysterical reactions are telltale signs of mental fragility. You can give an honest assessment of a performance without going down those roads.

I agree 100% as I have stated in various other threads, in ain't over until the stout lady sings. And I ain't heard her yet.....
Plus bear in mind ,not counting old firm the scum have dropped more points to the other top 6 teams than we have. ( admin delete post if incorrect)

Agree so much with so much! PC had overachieved early on with a team he inherited and given us all hope.

The players have a lot to answer for the last two games and if they feel half as bad as Sterling they'll come out on Sunday a fight to the death fir the win!

Never surrender!

Last edited:
Do you honestly players go out on to the pitch and don't give 100%?

I'm sorry but that is just utter nonsense.
Nonsense aye, I don’t fully remember but plenty of different people have told me Brian Laudrup never gave 100% in his last season because he had a move lined up to Chelsea so if he can down tools I’ve no problem believing this lot of average joes can down tools. Fuckin deadbeats. This shower of shit representing Rangers better start rolling their sleeves up and fighting for it. See when the players come off the park sweating, blowing out their arse and covered in grass stains I’ll believe they’re giving their all and if they do I’ll say fair enough, they tried, but they just weren’t good enough

Surely that’s a question for the players. Not sure a support so starved of success for over a decade can be entitled, for the money pumped in I think they’re due more success. Biggest issue within the support now is the number who’re comfy with 2nd best and backing the same players who let everyone down every season.

Last edited:
I’m not entitled. Just don’t take 2nd as acceptable. So therefore I expect Rangers players to fight with all they have to win the league. Instead we have imposters like for example Tom Lawrence, A lazier player would be hard to find. And Dessers an extremely poor footballer or Connor Goldson who cannot defend properly as a defender. I’m certainly entitled to these views whether I’m right or wrong.

The usual suspects, the senior players who are meant to be relied on have once again, for the umpteenth time surrendered at the key moment when we should have been pressing forward.

They did fine during 55, when there was no fan pressure, playing in empty stadiums, but now, like so many times before the bottle has gone.

Not seen an acceptable performance from hall of fame legendary captain James Tavernier since we went ahead in he league.

We can be as loud, positive and staunch as we want, but we aren’t going on the pitch.

I’ll go to the games and support the team, but I’m not going to delude myself into thinking the title is still likely.

We had it in our hands but we’ve put ourselves on the back foot with those two disaster results, the draw against them at Ibrox and the loss to Motherwell.

With the greatest of respect, I don’t care what it was like in the 70’s. It’s a completely different era now and the circumstances, budgets and way things are run can’t be compared.

Questioning loyalty, considering Ibrox is constantly packed, away ends are sold out and Hampden will be full is strange. Being loyal to me means wanting the best for the football club. If that means having some difficult conversations about certain players and at times, the manager, then so be it.

I’d suggest you’re just blindly loyal OP - until someone makes a change then you’ll simply pretend they’re the answer. That’s not how football works.

Back