What is/was the catalyst for our dramatic loss of form?

Lundstrum has regressed so much. I don’t know if he’s burnt out or checked out. He is a big factor in setting the tempo.
We can see it but he's never subbed. Raskin could come in for him easy but it doesn't happen. He looks dead on his feet but PC keeps him out there longer than others with better engines. Cant get my head round it.

Sterling at left back with Barisic on the bench is mad. Bkrna has totally checked out for his summer move, but Sterling is not good at left back and missed badly in the midfield. Might as well have Borna playing poorly there and Sterling playing well in midfield rather than Sterling playing poorly at left back.
Agree with this - would much rather see Barisic at LB than trying to shoehorn Sterling in that position. Even better if Ridvan is fit but still seems to be some doubt about when he's ready to play.

I don’t get this at all. It’s standard practise for songs like we shall not be moved to be sung when you are sitting top of the league, it’s been done for years. I don’t get why it’s cringey to celebrate something like that, I doubt many fans genuinely believed the league was won at that point

At the end of the day it shouldn’t matter what the fans sing, the players should be motivated and professional enough to keep up performance levels regardless of that
There is a difference between singing we shall not be moved and f@ck you celtic were gonna win the league.
The support making themselves look like fools, you do that when you have the boot on their neck.

I wasn't going to say that he takes a great penalty :))

In pressure situations he has stepped up, he hasn't dragged us through games ala Barry Ferguson but then he's not as good a player as Barry Ferguson. What would you like to see from him that would satisfy you from your post above?

1. I'd like to see him once - just once - show that he is the least bit interested in inspiring/encouraging his teammates to show the required standards.
I'll never forget standing at a freezing Tynecastle, just before covid, watching us getting scudded out the Cup (it was about the closest Gerrard got to the sack). Their captain was Naismith who knew it was all about who was up for the fight - and he spent the whole game going round the Hearts team with clenched fist cajoling them constantly.

I looked over at our captain who was mooching about on his own, feeling sorry for himself as it all went wrong. The comparison was embarrassing - and he's done nothing since to demonstrate that when the going gets tough, he's up for leading the team to victory.

I see "quiet man" Mcgregor laying out what's required during their huddles. I obviously don't want us doing any of that shit, but I have wondered whether Tav would even be capable of doing the same for our team. I might be doing him a massive disservice and he might give the most fantastic Churchillian speeches in the dressing room, but I've never see one iota of it on the pitch.

2. He needs to sort out his own mentality and concentration. Scoring great free kicks and penalties are all very well, but it's punctuated by far too many loose passes and hopeless corners - and that's without getting started on his defending. The brainfarts against Maeda are embarrassing and unforgiveable.

Anyway, I don't know why I've wasted my time typing this. Nine seasons and seven managers makes it clear that it will never change. He either isn't capable of it, or doesn't give a shit. He's got his stats, fuck the team winning trophies.

Maybe just stripping him of the captaincy and shifting him to RW - where he can focus on scoring goals rather than defending - is the answer. Maybe we just need to get rid altogether.

But if Clement leaves things as they are, it will be the end of him at Rangers.

The Dundee debacle has been a hindrance. It allowed Celtic to regain top spot then go 4 points clear, albeit with more games, while at the same time stifling our momentum

To me it's just down to quality of ours players

We have a few players when there on it they are good and drag the others along with them but when there poor the others are worse.

What always needed though is an outlay, get the ball forward and get your striker to hold it while your 2 wide men get forward to support and midfield. Problem is we have a striker who has a first touch that an elephant would be embarrassed with

Also Goldsons decline is shocking, every week u can see it

Square pegs in round holes (Silva and Sterling)

No midfield (or too many attacking midfielders meaning we don't win 2nd balls)

No left hand side (injuries and poor form)

No counter attack (especially when teams play 10 men behind the ball)

No professional fouls (would rather be a booking down than a goal)

No variety at corners (remember Warburton - statistically better doing short corners)

No shooting from outside the box

We also don't move as a team together, how many times last night was Lundstrum deeper than Goldson/Souttar

There's probably more but that's off the top of my head

I’m trying to keep a level head now the dust has settled and understand what has brought about such a dramatic turn in fortunes over the past 5 matches.

This is not about the manager per se, he has done enough by getting us to this point to be the right man to take us into the next season and we need to back him.

I’m trying to find a tactical reason for such a dramatic change in performance. The sudden switch is every bit as dramatic as the change from bad to good when the gaffer came in.

The single biggest impact for me is the complete collapse of our midfield structure.

Back in January/February, we were playing g]some good stuff and we looked really secure at the back. One of our strengths was a high press, well coordinated and effective. We were also really good at winning the 2nd ball and winning the ball back quickly if we lost it.

I’ve given it some thought followimg tonight. Trying to take a sensble un emotional approach despite my rage and disappointment.

The biggest change I can see is moving back to single holding midfielder in Lunstram. Why? Lundstrum is far to immobile to play the holding midfielder on his own, that’s a fact and he has always played better alongside another sitting midfielder, with one of them holding and the other going forward when we were in attack.

We were at our best, beating the likes of Hibs away 3-0 with Lundstram and Raskin as a pair, or if not Raskin, it was Sterling in there with him.

We have reverted back to Lundstram on his own, with Raskin sitting on the bench and Sterling sacrificed as a 2nd rate LB. That has resulted in a massive hole in our midfield, the back 4 exposed and Lundstrams form dropping off a cliff.

Take tonight’s game for example, both Borna and Raskin sitting on the bench and Sterling at LB at the expense of our midfield structure. Why the hell would we do that?

There has to be something else driving that change in direction from the gaffer as the former lineup was the catalyst for the rapid change in good fortune when he came in.

Why would he give up so much tactically and structurally to sacrifice Sterling to cover LB and leave Raskin and Borna on the bench?

I do think we under estimate just how big a loss Yilmaz and Cortez has been as well.
We also had Mcausland on the right with lots of energy running at people.
There is not enough energy in the team.

Our key players have played significantly more minutes and games than our opposition if you want another factor that might be playing a part. That hints at squad depth being an issue, but people like to say things like Tavernier is a coward because that's a nice simple idea for them to process.

Square pegs in round holes (Silva and Sterling)

No midfield (or too many attacking midfielders meaning we don't win 2nd balls)

No left hand side (injuries and poor form)

No counter attack (especially when teams play 10 men behind the ball)

No professional fouls (would rather be a booking down than a goal)

No variety at corners (remember Warburton - statistically better doing short corners)

No shooting from outside the box

We also don't move as a team together, how many times last night was Lundstrum deeper than Goldson/Souttar

There's probably more but that's off the top of my head
As you lay out, our midfield is far from being the only problem, but dysfunction in the midfield is at the root of so many of the problems you identify. At the end of the 55 season, we had Davis - our most important midfielder and arguably most important overall player - clearly reaching the end of his career, Jack's injury problems clearly hindering his game time and Arfield's decline predictable given his age at that point. We didn't know Kamara's form was also about to go off a cliff, but that's what happened.

We've never had a settled midfield since then, with Lundstram carrying too much of the load himself while others drop in and out of the team. This season we've been so weighed down by injuries and dead wood we barely had a midfield to play at one point (thankfully Sterling as a midfielder paid off).

You can include Cantwell in his more advanced position, but the "engine room" has lacked shape and identity for three years now. That's frequently where a lack of fight bites us, the lack of goals and assists from midfield is painful, and the defence gets exposed when midfielders don't do their defensive duties. Sterling and Diomande more recently have looked like they could be mainstays of the midfield from here, but it's still a dysfunctional, broken machine that needs a massive reset and new blood.

I’m trying to keep a level head now the dust has settled and understand what has brought about such a dramatic turn in fortunes over the past 5 matches.

This is not about the manager per se, he has done enough by getting us to this point to be the right man to take us into the next season and we need to back him.

I’m trying to find a tactical reason for such a dramatic change in performance. The sudden switch is every bit as dramatic as the change from bad to good when the gaffer came in.

The single biggest impact for me is the complete collapse of our midfield structure.

Back in January/February, we were playing g]some good stuff and we looked really secure at the back. One of our strengths was a high press, well coordinated and effective. We were also really good at winning the 2nd ball and winning the ball back quickly if we lost it.

I’ve given it some thought followimg tonight. Trying to take a sensble un emotional approach despite my rage and disappointment.

The biggest change I can see is moving back to single holding midfielder in Lunstram. Why? Lundstrum is far to immobile to play the holding midfielder on his own, that’s a fact and he has always played better alongside another sitting midfielder, with one of them holding and the other going forward when we were in attack.

We were at our best, beating the likes of Hibs away 3-0 with Lundstram and Raskin as a pair, or if not Raskin, it was Sterling in there with him.

We have reverted back to Lundstram on his own, with Raskin sitting on the bench and Sterling sacrificed as a 2nd rate LB. That has resulted in a massive hole in our midfield, the back 4 exposed and Lundstrams form dropping off a cliff.

Take tonight’s game for example, both Borna and Raskin sitting on the bench and Sterling at LB at the expense of our midfield structure. Why the hell would we do that?

There has to be something else driving that change in direction from the gaffer as the former lineup was the catalyst for the rapid change in good fortune when he came in.

Why would he give up so much tactically and structurally to sacrifice Sterling to cover LB and leave Raskin and Borna on the bench?

I do think we under estimate just how big a loss Yilmaz and Cortez has been as well.
We've not looked the same side since we dropped the points v Motherwell

They were always dead on their feet after 60 minutes that season.

Our fitness was on a new level thanks to the pre season under Mr. Gerrard.

No it wasn’t, that so far removed from reality, we were unfit and lazy at the start of the season, we had been beaten by Tranmere Rovers ffs. Lost 3 in a row Malmo, Dundee Utd, Malmo (who played half the match with 10 men) drew at home to Motherwell, Hearts, Aberdeen and the crème de La crème humiliated by a sh!te Hibs team at Hampden.

13 wins out of 24 because we looked like a pub team.

Gerrard’s head has already left, he was hardly at the training ground.

The squad went out to “celebrate” a win v mighty St Johnstone to Sanctuary, senior players like Steven Davis couldn’t stand up they were that drunk, they had an after party party at Kent’s gaffe till 6am. Morelos and others were back in Sanctuary by the Sunday evening again. We got pumped by Lyon at Ibrox on the Thursday night.

This one is laughable.
Butland freaked by that?
If he was the leader you’re thinking he is, he’d be out there taking charge.
It’s also like suggesting Gough, Greig, Ferguson and Weir didn’t make errors.
You see this difference between us is I can point to some evidence, and as for gough Greig and ferguson go, listen to yourself, aye they made errors but they won things ffs, and they didn't wet their pants from the bheasts, away and support Tav FC on his next record breaking journey, wherever he ends up! It's People ike you who are helping the standards of our great club slip.

1. I'd like to see him once - just once - show that he is the least bit interested in inspiring/encouraging his teammates to show the required standards.
I'll never forget standing at a freezing Tynecastle, just before covid, watching us getting scudded out the Cup (it was about the closest Gerrard got to the sack). Their captain was Naismith who knew it was all about who was up for the fight - and he spent the whole game going round the Hearts team with clenched fist cajoling them constantly.

I looked over at our captain who was mooching about on his own, feeling sorry for himself as it all went wrong. The comparison was embarrassing - and he's done nothing since to demonstrate that when the going gets tough, he's up for leading the team to victory.

I see "quiet man" Mcgregor laying out what's required during their huddles. I obviously don't want us doing any of that shit, but I have wondered whether Tav would even be capable of doing the same for our team. I might be doing him a massive disservice and he might give the most fantastic Churchillian speeches in the dressing room, but I've never see one iota of it on the pitch.

2. He needs to sort out his own mentality and concentration. Scoring great free kicks and penalties are all very well, but it's punctuated by far too many loose passes and hopeless corners - and that's without getting started on his defending. The brainfarts against Maeda are embarrassing and unforgiveable.

Anyway, I don't know why I've wasted my time typing this. Nine seasons and seven managers makes it clear that it will never change. He either isn't capable of it, or doesn't give a shit. He's got his stats, fuck the team winning trophies.

Maybe just stripping him of the captaincy and shifting him to RW - where he can focus on scoring goals rather than defending - is the answer. Maybe we just need to get rid altogether.

But if Clement leaves things as they are, it will be the end of him at Rangers.
A lot of words when you could just have typed "I want to see him running about shouting at everyone."

Also, insinuating that he isn't interested or gives a shit is pretty wild, tbh.

You see this difference between us is I can point to some evidence, and as for gough Greig and ferguson go, listen to yourself, aye they made errors but they won things ffs, away and support Tav FC on his next record breaking journey, wherever he ends up! It's People ike you who are helping the standards of our great club slip.
FFS..... o_O :))

I think it’s been several factors.

Firstly, the players have run themselves into the ground overtaking Celtic and now have little left to give due to poor conditioning last summer. As a result, we’re unable to press and move with the same speed and intensity as before so can no longer control games the way we were leaving us more vulnerable defensively.

And secondly, there’s a lack of genuine leadership and a winning mentality among the senior players in the squad so when problems arise we don’t appear to have enough character to drag us through it.

These two factors combined have then led to bad results and our confidence, which always seems very fragile, has just crumbled.

You can also point to injuries (which in turn led to an over reliance on certain players leading to their tiring quicker) as well as poor recruitment over the last couple of summers.

The hope I have however is that the way we were playing around January and February - pressing high, passing incisively, movement and positioning good - is the way Clement wants us to play and with new players of his choosing and a proper pre season we’ll be a better prospect next season.

(P.S. I’m fully aware many, quite possibly including myself said this at the same point last season, but it’s the hope I’m clinging to nevertheless.)

Probably Clement has called out a few behind closed doors and they've taken the huff and downed tools ... just like they did previously.

This place can be absolutely bonkers at times, I’ve seen plenty of posts absolutely slating Diomande and his contribution on the games he has played.

All of a sudden he doesn’t play a couple of games and he has morphed into a prime Yaya Toure.

There is one simple reason for the loss of form and that is “Pressure” these losers simply can’t and have never been able to handle it.

A number of factors, including that our fitness issues are coming to a head at the worst possible time. The brutal reality though is that:
  1. We're just not very good. We knew we had a limited squad and that our recruitment was awful during the summer. One of the defining qualities that separate decent-to-good players and the greater players is consistency. Our players don't have that level of consistency over a league season. They don't have the hunger or commitment either.
  2. The most influential players in our squad have a track record of crumbling under pressure and expectations, and have consistently been a part of Rangers squads that have had very similar dips in form whenever they were under pressure. They don't have the mentality necessary to play for Rangers or to win league titles year after year.
If Clement wants to stay in a job past next autumn, and if the club seriously has expectations of winning silverware consistently, we need to completely rebuild the squad. Most of the current team need to go.

A lot of words when you could just have typed "I want to see him running about shouting at everyone."

Also, insinuating that he isn't interested or gives a shit is pretty wild, tbh
I said he either isn't interested or isn't capable of leading the team.
3 trophies in 9 seasons (in essentially a two horse race); bottling it season after season; repeated loss of concentration against them all suggest it's one of the two.
And has he done anything to suggest any of that will change ? We see it again and again.
He's on a cushy number, picking up, what, £30K a week, and winning fuck all.
We deserve a whole lot better.

I think it’s been several factors.

Firstly, the players have run themselves into the ground overtaking Celtic and now have little left to give due to poor conditioning last summer. As a result, we’re unable to press and move with the same speed and intensity as before so can no longer control games the way we were leaving us more vulnerable defensively.

And secondly, there’s a lack of genuine leadership and a winning mentality among the senior players in the squad so when problems arise we don’t appear to have enough character to drag us through it.

These two factors combined have then led to bad results and our confidence, which always seems very fragile, has just crumbled.

You can also point to injuries (which in turn led to an over reliance on certain players leading to their tiring quicker) as well as poor recruitment over the last couple of summers.

The hope I have however is that the way we were playing around January and February - pressing high, passing incisively, movement and positioning good - is the way Clement wants us to play and with new players of his choosing and a proper pre season we’ll be a better prospect next season.

(P.S. I’m fully aware many, quite possibly including myself said this at the same point last season, but it’s the hope I’m clinging to nevertheless.)
I don’t know ,can a bunch of professional footballers really get so knackered during a season that their performance level drops off completely and they can hardly play.
For me the spine of the team is not strong enough (apart from Butland ) with no leaders on the park to pull us through the tight games.We have players who can be good in spells but not consistently good.
The front six need more quality ,maybe Cortes and Danilo will provide that but for sure we need a reliable No 9
My hope is the same that Clement sees this and starts to sorts things during the summer.

A variety of factors but I think two games involving Motherwell were pivotal. The scum came from behind and won the game at Fir Park deep into injury time. A week later we lost at home to them.

I think injuries and lack of fitness have largely caught up with us alongside the players bottle crashing.

However Games are won and lost in the midfield and right now our midfield is non existent. For me we need to get back to controlling the centre of the pitch and as much as folk won’t like it that’s getting two ‘holding’ midfielders in there. I’d go Raskin and Sterling next match as both are surely match fit (Lundstram is done). Lawrence and Dowell are brutally average and neither control possession and protect the defence.

We need to bin Silva. An absolute show pony we can ill afford out wide. Get Mcausland right, Sima left. And use Matondo as an impact Sub.

As said in another thread the shape is a mess at the minute. We need to get back to basics and start with a good structure to the team. It brought fantastic start to Clements reign so return to it

You see this difference between us is I can point to some evidence, and as for gough Greig and ferguson go, listen to yourself, aye they made errors but they won things ffs, and they didn't wet their pants from the bheasts, away and support Tav FC on his next record breaking journey, wherever he ends up! It's People ike you who are helping the standards of our great club slip.
There’s evidence that Butland is scared to come off his line nowadays?
Your last line moronic.

I think injuries and lack of fitness have largely caught up with us alongside the players bottle crashing.

However Games are won and lost in the midfield and right now our midfield is non existent. For me we need to get back to controlling the centre of the pitch and as much as folk won’t like it that’s getting two ‘holding’ midfielders in there. I’d go Raskin and Sterling next match as both are surely match fit (Lundstram is done). Lawrence and Dowell are brutally average and neither control possession and protect the defence.

We need to bin Silva. An absolute show pony we can ill afford out wide. Get Mcausland right, Sima left. And use Matondo as an impact Sub.

As said in another thread the shape is a mess at the minute. We need to get back to basics and start with a good structure to the team. It brought fantastic start to Clements reign so return to it

Sima has done well off of the left for us and Mcausland must be getting nearer match sharpness after his injury lay-off. I also agree with your mid-field assessment.

I'd be more optimistic about the semi-final with those changes. Probably have to go Barisic at left back (frees up Sterling) as Yilmaz won't be totally match fit though mightcome on later in the game.

I don’t know ,can a bunch of professional footballers really get so knackered during a season that their performance level drops off completely and they can hardly play.
For me the spine of the team is not strong enough (apart from Butland ) with no leaders on the park to pull us through the tight games.We have players who can be good in spells but not consistently good.
The front six need more quality ,maybe Cortes and Danilo will provide that but for sure we need a reliable No 9
My hope is the same that Clement sees this and starts to sorts things during the summer.
Yes, it’s a combination of factors that’s contributed to our collapse. It’s far from the first time this has happened.

This reminds me a bit of Gerrard’s second season when we were neck and neck with the Yahoos at Xmas, beat them at Parkhead and looked like we had everything about us to go on and win it. Then, just as now, we inexplicably collapsed.

There are common denominators there - namely senior players who don’t appear to have the necessary character to be real leaders - but the following season’s success was built largely on a very good preseason which Gerrard himself spoke about as being the catalyst. Everyone remarked at how much fitter we looked compared to the previous season so I don’t think it can be underestimated.

Truth be told we have two good players in Sterling and Butland. Until this season i would have included Goldson in that category. Defence has capitulated in the past 8 games. Thanks to Beale we don't have a striker. Now the manager has taken Sterling out of the midfield we lack physicality. The likes of Dowell, Lawrence, Cantwell and Raskin are lightweight and their contribution is non existent against any half decent team. However, PC deserves a summer transfer window to see if he can sort out the absolute mess Beale left him. The League is a long shot but no reason we can't succeed in the cup and we should get behind the team.

Zero belief in a squad that's made up of players who don't get it.

A draw in the English Championship would see most of these bottlers celebrating with a glass of wine when they got home.
Nail on the head. None of them are proven winners. Sadly for all his efforts Tav will go down as one of the most unsuccessful captains. I think he gets it but too many around him just don't get Rangers and what that means. I've watched Rangers for 55 years but even the worst teams I've seen (prior to Sounness was awful) would have had the mentality, the steel and the heart/ desire to win both RC and Dundee games. Rangers are unlike other teams. I'll probably get slated but we need bluenoses in that team who grew up understanding the institution that is Rangers. Ryan Jack gets it, Wright (even though not the best) gets it, McCausland and Soutter get it. They know the score. Yes we need good talent but for Bread and butter winning games, fighting till the death, NO SURRENDER, we need guys who get it, who bleed blue. The last 3 games were arguably the biggest games we've had (outwith euro runs) of late. These games were crying out for blood and thunder, we got nothing like that. Again (it will get taken out of context) but you have a guy like McInnes (I know he's hated) who is a bluenose and yes he loved and still loves the club would not have fucked around with the team the way Phil has the last few weeks cause he would know what the score was and what was at stake. I'm OK with Phil that's not a knock on him. It's to your point PEOPLE WHO GET IT

It looks like a slight change of formation 2 holding midfielders covering so CB can walk out with the ball. Tav coming inside all the time 0 width in the team. no idea wat silva does out on the left wing play him though the middle or don’t play him. 1 isolated striker and no press at all. I don’t know if the manager has simply squeezed everything these players have n this is wat we have left

We have never had a settled team or style. I think that perhaps teams gave us a respect we did not in retrospect deserve. Teams now realise we are basically the same team Beale had. Put us under pressure and we can't cope. We have too many poor players and players past their best. The last 3 games have seen teams going for us from the very first minute. Teams do not fear us.
We need a complete overhaul.

I said he either isn't interested or isn't capable of leading the team.
3 trophies in 9 seasons (in essentially a two horse race); bottling it season after season; repeated loss of concentration against them all suggest it's one of the two.
And has he done anything to suggest any of that will change ? We see it again and again.
He's on a cushy number, picking up, what, £30K a week, and winning fuck all.
We deserve a whole lot better.
As an unwavering support we deserve a whole lot more from the club and players. I don't reckon you can attribute all the failings to Tavernier though and all the players are on a fair wedge and not delivering trophies consistently.

Rumours of the terrorists' capitulation were greatly exaggerated. We were nothing more than ordinary, but people were bigging us up for the Quadruple. The vast majority of it was an exercise in believing our own hype. This week has been a crash-landing, back to the REAL world. You don't win league titles, by turning in performances like we have of late.
17 shots on target last night - not one of them hit the back of the net.
Every word sadly depressingly accurate

Yilmaz getting injured means we have to play Sterling who we are crying out for in midfield the now.
Diomande and cortez are a big miss same with not having another centre forward to push dessers.

All points raised on here are relevant, some more than others.

When a team has that mentality then it will be vulnerable. It was clear against the scum, Ross County and then Dundee that we struggle with their press when they swarm around our players who are mentally on the back foot.

Mark my words, Hearts will do the same unless we stand up to them and press hard. It remains to be seen if most of them have the balls to do so.

I would bring in Robbie Fraser at LB rather than Borna who's head is away in Turkey and return to the two holding midfielders to be more solid which would be Lundstrum and Sterling or Diomande if fit. I cant work out what has happened with Raskin either. A front 3 of Silva, Roofe and Sima with Cantwell in the 10 role seems best for me. Key to success is balance in midfield with pressure and aggression. We have seen them do it frequently until the dip and they can do so again.

I really hope for a good win against Hearts after Naismith gobbing off is a reset to the end of the season winning all matches.

36 posts before anyone mentions diomande , Lunstrams form has fallen off a cliff since he got injured & don’t forget he was scoring goals whereas most of the other midfielders are not contributing.

Don't think, as is usually the case, that there's any 1 factor.

However i do think there is an element of complacency that has been allowed to creep in. Like the players seemed to think the hard work had been done by catching them and then getting past them. Getting yourself in to the position to win is rarely the hard part. Getting it over the line is. And it's quite clear that this group of players do not have it in them to get it over the line.

Does that mean there is or isn’t the evidence requested?
Ffs I don't have to provide you with evidence. Are you the police?
all that people Spoke about after RC game was Butland was scared to come off his line. I blame having Tav and Goldson in front of him, I blame Tavs mistake against the bheasts for doing that. He came off his line, Tav flapped and shat himself as Tav does and the ball ended up in the back off the net.
Right back at you relates you your last line.

Look, Why don't you just change your user name to tavbear and follow him to his next club and support Tav FC in His amazing personal records and numbers

Form is the main issue,followed by team selection,tactics mentality and our injury list.
There is no doubt that Goldson has gone from being a fairly decent ch with a decent pass to a hesitant,mistake ridden,poor passing shambles.Maybe just too many games and should be replaced by Balogun or King.Players like Lawrence,Cantwell and Dessers cant maintain a run of form.
Playing Sterling at left back is a waste,he should be a sitting midfielder alongside everyones favourite Lundstram to protect our fragile defence.
Can we trust Borna for the last few games,he at least gives us an attacking threat but it would be a gamble.Hopefully Ridvan will be back.
Lawrence and Cantwell shouldnt be in the same team,its one or other and i would slightly favour Cantwell.
I Would make Sima our main striker with McCausland and Matondo either side.
Finally the players need to show the right mentality,no more learning from things and as Walter Smith would say."Just Win!"

Back