What makes losing this title more sickening

This is the old primary school playground excuse 'Yous are shite, but we are shiter'.
However in this case it's true.
Right from the first game at Rugby Park when a stonewall penalty was denied, we have been up against it. Look at the dodgy decisions they have had all season (and not just against us).

At the weekend at the Piggery, they were playing a team decimated (slight exaggeration) by injuries, playing against 10 men for more than half a game, with a crooked referee who couldn't hide his hatred, 100% of the support some of whom attacked the opposition captain, some opposition players who looked like they didn't give a toss.
In most games that would mean a rugby score, but the Scum ended up praying for the final whistle, and only won due to a bizarre own goal. On Saturday there was only going to be one team allowed to win, as it has been all season.
Let their lickspittles in the media bum them up,and convince the unwashed they are a good team. They can have multiple orgasms over Scales, Taylor, Plug the Thug and other average footballers. They will get found out again in Europe, where referees are not as lenient, apparently.
If we have a good close season (and a very big if) we can take them - there is nothing and no-one at the Piggery to be scared of.

Last edited:
That lot wanted rid of Brenda just a couple of months ago,we mess up against Ross C and Dundee and now he is the f uckin greatest.
More than a few on here wanted PC emptied and wee deek as his replacement last night mate.

Motherwell was a terrible performance, but they should have been down to 10 men, & disgracefully the offender gets the winner. It was glossed over because of Heart win the next day, but alarm bells were ringing.

However the County game will sting for a long time - a “not fit to wear the shirt” performance at a pivotal time of the season & had an adverse knock on for the Dundee game IMO.

We weren’t good enough, or mentally strong enough to take the 9 points we should have, and we all knew that was that.
The pivotal point for me, was the half time team talk at Dingwall - as in, WTF went on? Instead of coming out focussed, in full on attack mode, we had Goldson, Tav, Soutter, Lundstram etc doing their Keystone Cops impression. Didn’t Dowell appear for whatever reason? Our manager must long for that 15 minutes again - broke the season IMO.

They have the bottle to step up when it matters, we don’t. Simple as that.

We need to accept this and address it.
This is the crux of the matter.

It’s all down to bottle and experience.

They have the experience of winning title after title and we usually capitulate when it comes down to the nitty gritty.

Something that has to be address by employing actual leaders on and off the pitch. Not guys that can run the fastest in training and that does it for the leadership, I’m talking guys that are constantly talking to the players, constantly driving standards and are willing to step up when things are down. Real leaders of men.

That’s been our biggest problem for years now and it needs addressed massively.

They don’t ever seem in any kind of elongated period of transition. We go from regime to regime and our key players hide at the key stage of the season meanwhile they get their strongest side back to form and fitness.

They sell players who return big money to their bank account whilst we neglectfully let players go for free.

Who is to blame for this? Players? Management? Board?

Yeh no one in particular it’s a team effort on and off the park and we haven’t joined up the dots enough to ensure we win consistently. I’m not sure our club know what “good” looks like. Until we do we will keep being second best no matter how bang average they are at football.

It's sickening thinking back to that Hearts 5-0 game. We were on top of the world and Ibrox was buzzing.

Then followed what IMO is the worst collapse we've ever had. I don't think I'll ever fully understand it. How we went from the performance that day to some of the shite that was served up.
Throwing this away like we did is worse than losing that Euro final (which was a one-off and fine margins) - for me. Fkn inexcusable and my anger has only grown since the weekend. Up to Clement to eradicate the mental weakness in this team.

This is the old primary school playground excuse 'Yous are shite, but we are shiter'.
Right from the first game at Rugby Park when a stonewall penalty was denied, we have been up against it. Look at the dodgy decisions they have had all season (and not just against us).

At the weekend at the Piggery, they were playing a team decimated (slight exaggeration) by injuries, playing against 10 men for more than half a game, with a crooked referee who couldn't hide his hatred, 100% of the support some of whom attacked the opposition captain, some opposition players who looked like they didn't give a toss.
In most games that would mean a rugby score, but the Scum ended up praying for the final whistle, and only won due to a bizarre own goal. On Saturday there was only going to one team going to win, allowed to win, as it has been all season.
Let their lickspittles in the media bum them up,and convince the unwashed they are a good team. They can have multiple orgasms over Scales, Taylor, Plug the Thug and other average footballers. They will get found out again in Europe, where referees are not as lenient, apparently.
If we have a good close season (and a very big if) we can take them - there is nothing and no-one at the Piggery to be scared of.

It's sophistry.

By definition the least shite team is also the best one. Framing it as "they're not good either" is of no comfort. They're still better than us and that's what matters when it comes to winning trophies.

We need to stop trying to find cheap solace in the motion that this is a poor Celtic side. That doesn't matter a jot. The only thing that matters is that they're better than us. We need to address that.

We have won the same number of games as each other according to the league table.

We've now played a game more until tonight, won 27 and dropped points in 10 games (D3 & L7). They've won 27 and dropped points in 9 games (D6 & L3).

We've come up short but don't kid yourself that they are better than they are. We've been poor but they aint much better.

They are awful, and I'd agree they're worse than they've been in over a decade

But then if we're realistic, this is likely as bad as they're going to be for a while. There's no way they don't improve somewhat with another round of CL cash. Which just emphasises how much of a wasted opportunity this was

We have a huge uphill battle on our hands to compete. I hope the board are ready

I am still clinging to the belief that Kili and St Mirren beat them, we thrash Hearts and win the title on goal difference.

Now that would be a story.

They’re not a bad side as a collective. They press well, they move the ball in the attacking phase of play very well, they are always sharp when it comes to quick set pieces. Basically they are doing the right things in training day in, day out.

Until we see a huge improvement in the way we play our football, they’ll continue to be a long way ahead of us,

One of our players gets a start in their team, one. That tells you how far behind we are.
We don’t have that same level of cohesion in our team at all. Maybe it’s the injuries that have led to us not being able to play a settled team.
But when we are on attack it doesn’t feel like each player knows their team mates next move.

I agree.

I think either team this year would have been the worst champions in a long time.

Ultimately they won’t care about that though, and we wouldn’t have either if we had won it.

We need to join up the efforts right across the club. A compete strategy is needed to defeat these bastards.

It’s not just better players but management of the assets we have and that included training, fitness, support both physical and mental. We also need our commercial teams to be sharper and more alert to market changes, not allowing players to go out of contract and leave for no money. PR and marketing teams need to get clever and on message we need lobbying within media and footballing authorities to be more focussed. We can’t have disconnects like we witnessed this year that embarrassed the manager over the use of certain referees etc.

A consolidated and top down approach is required to deliver the next titles and slow down their inexorable march to taking our “most successful club” crown.

It needs pulled together because from here I can only see disarray and a complete fucking shambles. The manager of the team is only one part of the equation.

Is anyone in the club even capable of that kind of joined up thinking or are they too entrenched in their own wee department and ego? The whole club needs to pull together in the one direction.

Feel like I hear this every single season.

They’re awful, full of shite etc etc and yet they win trophy after trophy and title after title.

I’ll laugh at them being shite when Rangers are on top of Scottish football. Right now, they’re as good as they need to be and that’s the cold hard facts of it.
They are shite.

But they are still a far better team than us and that's all that matters in Scotland

They only need to be marginally better than us over the season to win the league and vice versa.

Learn to beat them and we’ll invariably win the league.

They have a group of 4/5 good players who know mentally how to get the job done as they’ve been there and done it. Right now we have absolutely none.

This is the crux of the matter.

It’s all down to bottle and experience.

They have the experience of winning title after title and we usually capitulate when it comes down to the nitty gritty.

Something that has to be address by employing actual leaders on and off the pitch. Not guys that can run the fastest in training and that does it for the leadership, I’m talking guys that are constantly talking to the players, constantly driving standards and are willing to step up when things are down. Real leaders of men.

That’s been our biggest problem for years now and it needs addressed massively.
This.

As important as who we bring in this summer is who will "lead" them and encourage them on the pitch.

The pivotal point for me, was the half time team talk at Dingwall - as in, WTF went on? Instead of coming out focussed, in full on attack mode, we had Goldson, Tav, Soutter, Lundstram etc doing their Keystone Cops impression. Didn’t Dowell appear for whatever reason? Our manager must long for that 15 minutes again - broke the season IMO.
The warning signs had been there, especially against Motherwell, who were good for the win - albeit their matchwinner should have been red-carded in the first half - but, yeah, we came out for the second half in Dingwall even worse than we'd been in the first!

For a team supposedly challenging for the title, and with the added motivation of putting the Phlastics in their place, it was depressingly poor stuff.

They're better than Deila's side, his side finished on 86 points in his 2nd season (that's without us in the league).

They've had better sides but 1/6 points at Ibrox has been our downfall

They have a squad who raise their games against us. We have a squad who wilt and look like the occasion is too big for them. That’s the difference. I can’t remember too many bad performances from them against us, even when Gerrard had us beating them, whereas most of ours look like they can’t wait for the game to be over.

We will likely finish the season with a better record v the other 10 sides, yet we've taken 1 v them while they've taken 10 points.

That is the nub of it - they have us beat and that's allowed them to overcome failings elsewhere (which we have compounded in recent weeks).

Frustrating because second half we played some great stuff today, but that was nowhere v Ross county and the same side as tonight away, nor v them in the last 2 games.
Correct. The mentally challenged acquaintances of mine, worry more about Killie and Hearts than they do us. They were super confident in the last couple of OF`s. Less so going to Rugby Park. Embarrassing.
Contrast this, with the state of them under Gerrard, where they admitted they expected to be defeated. Changed days.

They only need to be marginally better than us over the season to win the league and vice versa.

Learn to beat them and we’ll invariably win the league.
That 2nd paragraph nails it.

If we took 10 points of them we'd be Champions despite Dingwall and Dundee etc

Same last season. If we won at the Piggery instead of losing we'd have been Champions.

In a 2 horse race you have to beat the other horse.

I agree with the op they are a poor side who will get their backsides handed to them in Europe again , one positive is that the tranny lover will still be in charge of them , he does reasonably well with other managers players but his record in the transfer market is awful as is his record in Europe , only my theory but I reckon our drop in form is a lot of players being told they have no future at the club and throwing in the towel .

In most games that would mean a rugby score, but the Scum ended up praying for the final whistle, and only won due to a bizarre own goal. On Saturday there was only going to one team going to win, allowed to win, as it has been all season.
I'd agree with a lot of this. I typically don't buy the blinded and delusional attitude of always referring to them a shite, regardless of results/performance.

Most seasons recently where they've bettered us, they've been very good domestically and have simply been operating at a far higher level than we have domestically. Europe we have inexplicably shown an ability to step up our performances (I suspect our teams have always preferred being the underdog), but they have had it sewn up in the domestic competitions and it's not all about referees.

This season feels different. They have absolutely been there for the taking and our squad has shit the bed time and again when it really mattered. Bottom line is that lot know how to win when it comes to the crunch and most critical times. Our team wins when the pressure is less, but crap themselves when the finish line is in sight.

It's about character that we have lacked for years and need to find this summer or it'll just be more of the same next season.

A squad full of nearly-men and runners-up, comfortable when they're not expected to lead and bottle jobs when they have a trophy in one hand.

Can't pick and choose the games that we want to "turn up",or which half that we "fancy"it,
Accepting 2nd best mentality has GOT to change.

I’ll probably get shot down in flames by some because we’re not a great side and can’t beat them, I’m not denying that all. Others will totally agree. What makes it worse we won’t win the title this year is this is without doubt the worst Scum side in a decade. Worse than the side under The Lurgan Bigot and Ronny Deila. They sold Jota and replaced him with an utter diddy like Palma. Liam Scales and Greg Taylor who are utter dross have played most games at the back. James Forrest is still bailing them out. They’ve lost to Killie and Hearts twice this season. Threw away an 8 point lead before our usual suspect losers done their usual. They’ve drawn at home against Motherwell, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. They got absolutely pumped in Europe again.

This season really was a missed opportunity when it comes to the title and ruining Rodgers reputation.
Most sickening thing is we didn't even need to beat them to win league. How many times can you have a chance to win league without having to beat them. Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee in past few weeks cost us 8 points. We had caught them up and if we had won those games I am confident they would have been a lot easier to play last Saturday. They are very poor but we have a team unable to win when needed. Hopefully we have a major clear out and buy wisely in transfer market. The sad fact is the Scum are benefitting for our good performances in Europe to get straight into ECL.

I hate to say but it's the managers they got in Rodgers, Postecoglou and Rodgers again that's been the difference. They have got the best out of average players when our managers didn't, apart from Gerrard.

I’ll probably get shot down in flames by some because we’re not a great side and can’t beat them, I’m not denying that all. Others will totally agree. What makes it worse we won’t win the title this year is this is without doubt the worst Scum side in a decade. Worse than the side under The Lurgan Bigot and Ronny Deila. They sold Jota and replaced him with an utter diddy like Palma. Liam Scales and Greg Taylor who are utter dross have played most games at the back. James Forrest is still bailing them out. They’ve lost to Killie and Hearts twice this season. Threw away an 8 point lead before our usual suspect losers done their usual. They’ve drawn at home against Motherwell, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock. They got absolutely pumped in Europe again.

This season really was a missed opportunity when it comes to the title and ruining Rodgers reputation.
And they'll see o reillly for at least 12m plus the 50 m they'll get from champs league , added to what they already have . Basically they can sign who they like ,,,, we could have been on par with them had we not bottled it AGAIN

The most sickening thing is that it's our excellent form in the Europa League the past few years that keeps getting those fuks straight into the CL without any qualification.
The most sickening thing will be when we win it. And are back to CL qualifiers.

That they have taken 9 points off us this season but are only 6 points ahead effectively.

That we fought hard to get back into a race only to blow it with the finish line in sight

This goes back to 2021/22 season when we were on our run to Seville & dropped stupid points against Dundee United, Motherwell & Ross County.

Win that title when we should’ve it would be a different story, all if, but & maybe’s.

We still qualified for the CL that summer though, so not sure what you mean?

The most sickening thing for me is we had it in our own hands & messed it up.

We still qualified for the CL that summer though, so not sure what you mean?
I mean if we’d won the league in 2021/22 which we should’ve done that gets us 56 for a start, direct entry into CL (albeit we qualified in the end) & finally my main point to this it would’ve stopped them getting direct entry in CL & with their record in qualifying most likely wouldn’t have reached the CL & got all that cash.

Reactions: G33
I think a lot of this season was less about players "bottling it" and more the fact our injury record is a mystery to modern science. Failing to properly recruit key areas in January didn't help matters either.

That lot wanted rid of Brenda just a couple of months ago,we mess up against Ross C and Dundee and now he is the f uckin greatest.
As long as they get to keep their boot firmly on our neck they’ll be happy enough even if there’s still no big improvement on the European front. The main aim is to keep racking up as many domestic trophies as possible, overtake us and create a significant gap like we had over them. What really hurts is the realisation that even with Rangers managing to get back on top as champions again.. sooner rather than later hopefully..that gap we had over them has been closed and looks likely to be overtaken. This all happened in my lifetime and even with a resurgent Rangers it’s highly unlikely I’ll get to see us put a bit of distance between us and them ever again in the trophy haul count to rectify things as we’d need to win a fair bunch of trebles like they did to boost their totals and we’d need win them the hard way unlike them. It’s absolutely disgusting what’s played out from 2012.

And they'll see o reillly for at least 12m plus the 50 m they'll get from champs league , added to what they already have . Basically they can sign who they like ,,,, we could have been on par with them had we not bottled it AGAIN
Will it still be 50m if we qualify though?

I just feel we haven't been the same since the Benfica game where we couldn't raise it. Think that took the confidence out the players a bit. Just my opinion.

They’re awful, full of shite etc etc and yet they win trophy after trophy and title after title.

I’ll laugh at them being shite when Rangers are on top of Scottish football. Right now, they’re as good as they need to be and that’s the cold hard facts of it.
Imagine being told at the beginning of the season that the league was probably thrown away dropping eight points out of nine against Motherwell,Ross County and Dundee

They are shite mate, they were decent in Scotland last year but they are shite and they know that as well, hence they have the referees in pocket!

Although they may not be a great side they are better than us from back to front barring the goalkeeper.
Probably take flack but it's just my honest opinion,we hear year in year out from some posters we are the better side....simply not true.

You do hear that they are shit every season and they are shite. The problem is we are even better at been shite than them hence the fact they win trophy after trophy and title after title .

The sad fact is I think the yahoos will spend a lot of money this summer and we will be hanging onto their coattails once again .

we lost our points early season
they lost theirs mid season

when it came to the business end - they ground out results (often pish first half, winning 2nd - much like us last night)
whilst we utterly collapsed

no coincidence that they managed wins later with a returning squad (if not all, practically full squad to choose from)
we are down to bare bones & kids with little scope for freshening up

Agree. Clubs should be allowed to increase their own ranking. Other teams shouldn’t be allowed to piggy back on it

summed up by English teams who had not been in European competition waltzing into the CL groups or top seeding in the others i.e. Newcastle or Brighton

Agree. Clubs should be allowed to increase their own ranking. Other teams shouldn’t be allowed to piggy back on it
How would UEFA decide who gets in though. Entry has always been based on the teams position in the domestic league. For club coefficient Chelsea are ranked 10th and Aston Villa 81st but one will qualify for the champions league this year based on finishing top four.

Back