What number would you pick for the back of your shirt

Because I'm a handsome devil and it's only right to take the number of the handsomest of them all.

Was always no.4 for the school team, played mainly right back or centre back and Javier Zanetti was one of my favourite players.

Last edited:
10 - bergkamp, riqueleme, Ronaldinho, Neymar my favourite players growing up.

Was 11 for Laudrup when younger

numberwang-thatsnumberwang.png

Number I wore most weeks playing amateur. Not for any real reason. Think the lad I was playing up front with had a superstition about wearing 9 and asked for that. I laughed at him at the time but, swapped no problem. Scored a couple and then developed my own superstition with 11.

I'm a goalscoring forward. Favourite number.

If it wasn't available, I'd ask for it off whoever had it. If I couldn't get it, I'd ask for first refusal if the shirt wearer leaves. Failing that I'll take 19, 29, 39, 49, 59, 69, 79, 89 or 99 in that order and follow the same procedure until 9 becomes available.

Don't have any superstitions walking onto the pitch. %^*& that pish.

No 11 for me. 1st number I had on the back of a top for Cooper.

Useless fact..the only set of ten numbers that no player has had as a squad number is the 80s

When I played on the wing or up front I had 15 as it’s my birthday, then I moved to RB and Ricksen was our RB and went with 2.

Ten for me.
I played as a striker, a number nine but hated wearing nine.
Stems from my early days and the juniors.
I’d went wide for a pass and delivered a quite excellent cross between keeper and centre back.
Unfortunately, there was nobody on the end of it.
As I turned away, one wee old spectator chap said to his mate, a real life Jack and Victor, “if we had a decent number nine, that’d have been a goal.”
I said “I’d just crossed the ball” and the guy said “that’s what I mean”.
Cue a bit of laughter with a couple of others.
This was just before half time and at that point my manager asked what that was all about.
I told him the story and added a bit about me being the top scorer.
Manager said “stop feckin moaning, they’re right!”

The number I had from the age of 5 till I retired a couple of years back.
No 1

Back