What number would you pick for the back of your shirt

Was always number 6, signed for st mirren and got 17 and wasn’t best pleased about it, gerrard was 17 for Liverpool at the time so that made it a wee bit better haha

Number 11.

My school team number and the number worn by the greatest, floppy-haired, devastatingly handsome magician ever to wear the shirt, Pieter Huistra.

And why?

No good reason but I'd pick number 4 but as a midfielder
10 always wore 10 even way back when it was 2-3-5 formation and I played inside left, every inside left wore 10.

I was always the primary creator/goalscorer so even in today's game I'd still be a number 10, plus it became my favourite number from wearing it so long.

When they changed formation to 4-3-3/4-4-2 and I became a central midfielder, and still wore 10.

My old buddy Jerry LeVias’ number. He was the real number 23. His Grandmother insisted wearing 23 meant the Lord (is my shepherd) was watching over you.

I'd have the same number as I had playing for my school team. We had the most random numbers on our shirts.

Right wing, #31.

I was 4, 7 or 14 throughout my “career”. I played either as a centre half, holding midfielder or a striker. Drove coaches with OCD wild.

3. Played it since juvenile. Even played up front with a broken hand against filth fc in a scottish cup tie. They were a tad confused at me being a starter on a left wing wearing no.3.

No 6 played my first game for my primary school at Left Half,thereafter at lot of games at No 10 inside left and No 11 outside left.I was a genuine left footer:)

4, played mostly in that when amateur. Sometimes 3 at LB. So would be happy with 43 if we’re squad numbers.

Scored my first goal and most of my best games in 4 so always took 14 as a sub’s shirt.

And why?

No good reason but I'd pick number 4 but as a midfielder
When I was a kid I liked number 7 due to Matt Le Tissier and also 8 for Chris Waddle.

When around 10 and older it changed to Mark Hateley and number 10. Has been number 10 ever since. Though I trained my eldest son as a centre mid number 8 and that’s what his scholarship in USA was for.

Though when I played, I preferred right side of midfield. I could get into my running stride then. For some reason I never tried myself as striker. I scored a lot of goals as well. I seemed to enjoy not only scoring goals, but being the person who beat a player on a run and made the goal by a good assist. Couldn’t play centre midfield at all. Takes a special type of player to shine in centre of a park. Same as good strikers, a good number 9 is special.

Back